Mick Hubert Calls the Final Out of the National Championship

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I listened to first 6 innings of the final game on the radio with Mick. Finally was able to flip on the TV and couldnt take the announcers..... so I put it back on Mick.

Last edited:

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I listened to Mick's radio broadcast last night. You get the impression Mick really and truly loved hanging out with the team all season and getting to know them. He was literally crying when it was all over. I'm not sure I've ever seen him that emotional, or even that in to any game of any kind. It was really entertaining listening to him bash the umpires and the classless LSU fans. He couldn't restrain himself. I was as happy for him as I was for the team that we won it all.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You get a little more clarity on the radio recording...Mick is on the verge of breaking down, it sounds like.

When you think about it..if you're career has been built around being a college sports announcer, and you've been blessed to call SIX National Championships for the top 3 sports in your career..you feel pretty blessed I would bet.

It's a good thing I have no emotions, becaus I'd be crying like a baby listening to those calls. I'm clearly allergic to my iPad. Fking Apple.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I really wish we had been listening to him instead of those god awful announcers BSPN trotted out there.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's a good thing I have no emotions, becaus I'd be crying like a baby listening to those calls. I'm clearly allergic to my iPad. Fking Apple.

I swear I must have some French blood in me because I've even been known to cry during dog food commercials. My wife thinks it's hilarious how choked up I get sometimes. I'm thinking Mick's ancestor's used to pronounce their last name "Hue Bare" back in the day, anyway. He really does sound like he's about to break down sometimes. Last night he actually did.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Ain't no one like Mick. We're lucky to have him. I will say this again. He needs to go up on the ring of honor when it's all said and done. I can't imagine Gator sports without Mick.

Jeff is about to break down as well. For a baseball alum to call that game and the whole CWS must have been special for him.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I really wish we had been listening to him instead of those god awful announcers BSPN trotted out there.
You didn't enjoy the slob job they were doing all over lsu? I particularly loved them gushing all over the ugly troll Kramer and the camera always focused on his hillbilly mom

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.