Mid-season MVP

Instigator

Sep 6, 2014
If you had to pick one, who is the Gators MVP so far this year?

Tough not to pick Grier after bringing life back into the offense, and Hargraves is certainly deserving based on his talent and 3 picks, Bullard is a beast anywhere on the line ---- but mine would be Morrison based on leadership and effort. Love watching number 3 run to the ball. He is playing better than last year IMO. He had a play against ole miss where he jumped over a blocker like superman trying to make a tackle but made the runner bounce outside and then got cleaned up. That play was not a tackle for him but showed me what a player he is and isn't afraid to go 110% even with his knee issue.

What say you?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Coach Summers, what he doing with the line is pretty damn impressive.

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Collins. Our defense is one of the tops in the country

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Wow, no easy task...

Bullard, Morrison and VHIII are worthy. Grier, Powell and Calloway have boosted the O, but Sharpe has quietly scratched LT off the list of OL concerns. M Ivey probably Fr of the Year.

Mac should be COY with Summers Asst COY, although Dixon is doing a great job, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Offense - Demarcus Robinson - leads the team in receptions (34) and receiving yards by a mile and is clearly running better routes this year and I can think of only one significant drop.
Defense - Jarrad Davis would be my pick, but there are several others worthy: Bullard, Morrison, Maye, VH3, Tabor is playing great, Mcalister, etc.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
Morrison on defense and McGee on offense for me. McGee has really been Grier's favorite target and he's making all of the catches.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
To me it has to be Morrison. I am not sure we realize how lucky we are to even have him on the field this year.

Guy might still be shaking a bit of rust off but can you imaging our LB without him out there? Couple that with his work ethic to even get back on the field, I'd say he is the real MVP even if stats dont show it

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Lots of candidates which shows we have balance and do not have to rely on a big star. Team concept and not individual performance is stressed.

i would give MVP to offensive line due to their coach ability, willingness to learn, and improving performance on the field. Will Grier, Kelvin Taylor, and the receivers make the headlines, but the offense doesn't win games without the guys up front doing their job.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
Come on cheaters, you have to pick one player! Picking one for each side of the ball is okay too. You can't pick whole position groups, "I pick the whole team because this is a team sport and you win or lose as a team." Step yo game up!

Sep 29, 2015
O: With a close call over Robinson, Grier. Generally making good decisions, getting the ball out quickly, distributing evenly to WR, RB, TE, throwing strikes when needed, not turning the ball over and, most importantly, when we need a score, he's a gamer who delivers. Does anyone doubt that we will score TDs in the red zone anymore? That's because Grier delivers.

D: To me it's Bullard by a mile. Consistently blowing up the O line and living in the backfield. He's helping to make Morrison, Davis and Co. look really good.

Coach Mac running the show like a pro deserves mention.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
O: Grier. Have to give honorable mention to Powell though. D: Morrison. This team has been in desperate need of leadership and AM3 brings it both on and off the field.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Coach Mac deserves the most credit for the near miraculous turn-around but the question was mid season MVP. MVP= most valuable player, not coach. That to me makes the choice much harder because so many of our veteran players have obviously bought into JMac's system and been a huge boost to the team's confidence overall. Add in the fact that several Freshmen are making plays all over the field and then it becomes near impossible for me to name just one. The fact that it's so hard to pick out just one MVP says volumes about the fast turn-around we're witnessing.

Best I can do is pick one per side of the ball.

O- Grier. It's obvious the team feels pretty good about him being out there leading the Offense and when your Offense is confident in their QB, they just play better as a whole.
D- Morrison. I've said over and over how terrible he is as a LB, but that kid showed me something against Ole Piss and it's obvious the Defense loves him and what he went through to get back on the field this year and I believe that's lifted them to a new level of play.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n295683 said:
Coach Mac deserves the most credit for the near miraculous turn-around but the question was mid season MVP. MVP= most valuable player, not coach. That to me makes the choice much harder because so many of our veteran players have obviously bought into JMac's system and been a huge boost to the team's confidence overall. Add in the fact that several Freshmen are making plays all over the field and then it becomes near impossible for me to name just one. The fact that it's so hard to pick out just one MVP says volumes about the fast turn-around we're witnessing.

Best I can do is pick one per side of the ball.

O- Grier. It's obvious the team feels pretty good about him being out there leading the Offense and when your Offense is confident in their QB, they just play better as a whole.
D- Morrison. I've said over and over how terrible he is as a LB, but that kid showed me something against Ole Piss and it's obvious the Defense loves him and what he went through to get back on the field this year and I believe that's lifted them to a new level of play.

Uh Most Valuable Person :crazy:

:lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb