Mid-season MVP

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
None of what's happening with this team happens without Grier.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
For the record, I'm leaning Brandon Powell at season midpoint, but in Mac's teachings, it's the whole team.

GatorUrf10

Newb
Aug 10, 2015
It's gotta be Grier, and not because of his stats but more so because of his decision making and his ability to hold onto the ball. I have never liked saying anything bad about Driskel but the guy was a turn over machine. Driskel's inconsistencies throwing the ball also gave our receivers issues. Last year whenever the ball went into the air I just hoped our guy would catch it, which I would say was a 50/50 shot over the last five years. Grier seems to have found a rhythm with our WRs and has made our offense fun to watch again.

Grier is not the best player on our team but he is the difference.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
As has been mentioned, the obvious is Mac. I've been really impressed with Grier and Powell on offense. Bullard, Neal, VH3 and Tabor have been great on D. But I actually think the entire team has really played lights out given the circumstances and opponents faced. Unbelievable performance through the first 6 games.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
To answer the question I thought, "Which player's absence would hurt the Gators the most?" To me the answer is Will Grier. I don't think we'd be undefeated without him.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Will Grier.....period

A good Quarterback hides a plethora of warts....

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
It's the coaching staff hands down. There is significant improvement all over the field which makes it nearly impossible to pick a MVP. Just think about this for a second.

Our numbers on offense are the best they've been since Tebow was here. Think about that for a second. We're only halfway through the year with a BRAND NEW SYSTEM and we already have better numbers. Not many coaches can even come close to that in their first year, especially with a freshman QB making his first starts.

Our tight ends are not only involved in the offense, they have more catches and yards this year than the last two combined and we're only halfway through.

Our WR's, which were considered extremely weak, are running great routes, rarely dropping balls, and even blocking pretty well for each other. Look at what the staff as done with Powell (RB turned into a slot WR), Robinson (Underachiever and drop machine turned into reliable and consistent WR threat), and Calloway (Big play waiting to happen every time he makes a catch).

Our offensive line was supposed to be exactly that, offensive..... Is this line great? Nope. Do they have issues? Yep. But they are 100% overachieving this year and it is pretty darn impressive how they have been able to hold up to Ole Miss and Mizz in back to back weeks.

Look at the development of Grier and even Treon. Grier is getting better and better every week and has certainly overachieved for a freshman QB who split all the practice snaps until a few weeks ago. I know it was cupcake games, but even Treon looked far better throwing the ball than he did last year.

Just take a look at the defensive adjustments. We couldn't make a tackle to save our lives in the TN game. Go rewatch the Ole Miss and Mizz games. This coaching staff knows how to coach!

Then there's just the little things. Watch the guys on the sideline during games. Watch them in warmups. Watch them between plays. Watch them after the game. THE KIDS ARE HAVING FUN! That is something we haven't seen in a long time here. The kids have bought into Mac and the product on the field shows.

Just look at the way Mac handles the media, or even how he handled the Taylor throat slash. Everyone started questioning his tirade but take a look at how Taylor has played since that game. He's been absolutely tearing it up for us.

The coaching staff deserves the MVP because of the complete improvement of the entire team. Unless we have severe injuries or a complete collapse we are going to be in Atlanta this year. Let that sink in.....

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, has to be Grier. If everything else about this team was the same, would we be where we are now if it was Treon instead of Will? No offense intended, really, just sayin'. Maybe, possibly,..but I doubt it.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Harris. His boneheaded move gave Grier the clear path to the starting job and stopped the platoon bull****.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Coach = Summers. Without an OL, JMac can't get his offense to perform. Summers has worked miracles.

Off = Grier. As others have said, what loss would hurt us the most?

Def = Bullard. I liked McAllister for a few games, but Bullard has shown me the last few games that he's earning his way into the NFL.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm changing my vote to steroids.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
GatorUrf10;n295710 said:
It's gotta be Grier, and not because of his stats but more so because of his decision making and his ability to hold onto the ball. I have never liked saying anything bad about Driskel but the guy was a turn over machine. Driskel's inconsistencies throwing the ball also gave our receivers issues. Last year whenever the ball went into the air I just hoped our guy would catch it, which I would say was a 50/50 shot over the last five years. Grier seems to have found a rhythm with our WRs and has made our offense fun to watch again.

Grier is not the best player on our team but he is the difference.
Strange the LA Tech receivers catch him just fine. It was on the receivers. Mac has taught them how to catch.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Swamped Gator;n295722 said:
It's the coaching staff hands down. There is significant improvement all over the field which makes it nearly impossible to pick a MVP. Just think about this for a second.

Our numbers on offense are the best they've been since Tebow was here. Think about that for a second. We're only halfway through the year with a BRAND NEW SYSTEM and we already have better numbers. Not many coaches can even come close to that in their first year, especially with a freshman QB making his first starts.

Our tight ends are not only involved in the offense, they have more catches and yards this year than the last two combined and we're only halfway through.

Our WR's, which were considered extremely weak, are running great routes, rarely dropping balls, and even blocking pretty well for each other. Look at what the staff as done with Powell (RB turned into a slot WR), Robinson (Underachiever and drop machine turned into reliable and consistent WR threat), and Calloway (Big play waiting to happen every time he makes a catch).

Our offensive line was supposed to be exactly that, offensive..... Is this line great? Nope. Do they have issues? Yep. But they are 100% overachieving this year and it is pretty darn impressive how they have been able to hold up to Ole Miss and Mizz in back to back weeks.

Look at the development of Grier and even Treon. Grier is getting better and better every week and has certainly overachieved for a freshman QB who split all the practice snaps until a few weeks ago. I know it was cupcake games, but even Treon looked far better throwing the ball than he did last year.

Just take a look at the defensive adjustments. We couldn't make a tackle to save our lives in the TN game. Go rewatch the Ole Miss and Mizz games. This coaching staff knows how to coach!

Then there's just the little things. Watch the guys on the sideline during games. Watch them in warmups. Watch them between plays. Watch them after the game. THE KIDS ARE HAVING FUN! That is something we haven't seen in a long time here. The kids have bought into Mac and the product on the field shows.

Just look at the way Mac handles the media, or even how he handled the Taylor throat slash. Everyone started questioning his tirade but take a look at how Taylor has played since that game. He's been absolutely tearing it up for us.

The coaching staff deserves the MVP because of the complete improvement of the entire team. Unless we have severe injuries or a complete collapse we are going to be in Atlanta this year. Let that sink in.....
Yeah, either a complete collapse or a suspended qb.

Instigator

Sep 6, 2014
gardnerwebbgator;295739 said:
Harris. His boneheaded move gave Grier the clear path to the starting job and stopped the platoon bull****.

You might be kinda right after all. We will find out soon enough

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
One thing is for sure...it sure as hell isn't the guy who administers the drug tests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator