Mike Leach Doesn't Like SEC Offenses

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We can agree to disagree. Look, his coaching stops weren't at the flagship university in the state of Florida. 5 star recruits surrounding the area and all it would take is for Florida football to be fun again for them to come knocking on our door. And with that kind of talent, I think he could win and win big.
There's a reason his coaching stops aren't at a top flight football school

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mike leach has coached many years and had only 1 great season. And even that season was capped with a curb stomping from ole miss. He's not one of the greats.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mike Leach had a good thing going at TT until some pvssy start crying about football being too tough for him. Losing 3 or 4 games is a good season for them, they have always been at least third in the pecking order in Texas and, of course, Oklahoma and LSU are nearby getting first dibs on recruits also.

Lost to Ole Miss in 2008, huh? Sounds like the kind of thing that would make even Tebow cry.

Washington State..... I don't think anyone will ever win there. They don't give a damn. He finished ahead of Stanford, Oregon, and Cal. That's something.

I think he would be pretty dangerous at the right place with the right DC. Sideways passing game is not my cup of tea though.

He's funny as hell. At least it would be interesting and he'd actually TRY to move the ball and score.

Last edited:

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
I know this is an old thread, but I just saw this short clip (1 minute 11 seconds) of a Leach press conference. The dude is seriously weird.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Leach_laughing.0.gif

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Mike Leach had a 90-minute phone call with a wrong number for some reason

Mike Leach is a man prone to strange interactions. He’s a guy renowned for a pirate fascination, for instance. But this anecdote from Lincoln Riley’s Players Tribune story really takes the cake as far as Leach’s aesthetic.

He picked it up and said, “Hey, how’s it going?” And then he listened for a second and asked, “Where ya calling from?”

He kept talking on the phone and I eventually sort of tuned out. Now, a short phone conversation for Coach Leach is an hour. So he was talking about this and that, and I was kind of hunkered down working on my own stuff. At some point, the call got dropped. They must have lost reception. Coach said, “Can you hear me? Are you there?”

Then he closed his old-school flip phone, swung it back open and redialed. He said, “Hey, sorry I lost you.” And then they resumed their conversation for another 30 minutes or so before Coach finally hung up.

After he was done, we started talking and I said, “Hey Coach, who was that on the phone?”

The best part about this seems to be that Leach knew it was the wrong number almost from the second he got on the horn, but enjoyed the conversation so much that he called the number back after dropping. Leach has, in the past, talked about the future of interpersonal communication. He gave quite the screed on how technology is changing the way we interact.

But the Wazzu coach certainly seems like the type who can talk to literally anyone. College football coaches are the sort of folks that treat time like the rarest of commodities, but Leach spent a pretty decent chunk of this random day with this peculiar human interaction.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other...ith-a-wrong-number-for-some-reason/ar-BBDt4oy

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I'm sipping some Kraken myself. Maybe I can take up the slack.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So, one more than Butters?

Dont get me wrong, I dont want anything off the Mumme tree though. They all suck.
To butters credit, he did make mike leach his bitch in their lone match up.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Can we hire him?
I'd switch him for the guy we have now in a heart beat and I'm not even joking. Leach is kinda like Chip imo with Fl speed his system would be hard to stop. Don't think he could win us a championship but at least the offense would be more entertaining and we'd win more games than with the guy we have now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator