Mike Leach Doesn't Like SEC Offenses

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
We sound collectively like some dude who hasn't gotten laid in a decade. We're willing to sleep with any stanky b*tch who shows some skin. Leach is a whack job. His teams give up more points than they score. Last time I recollected, the first priority was to score more points than the other guy.

Keep looking.
And at UF the priority should be to score more points in a game than 13 against Vandy but that's the most the guy we have has managed to do in his 1st two attempts against them. I'd also have to say they should score more than zero points in a half against FAU and not need OT to win that game but that also happened, let's not forget the 24 points against a terrible Umass team. And as bad as you're claiming Leach to be his offense still ranked 13th in the country 103 spots above the guy we have. And to make it sound even worse while at WSU his lowest amount of points was 10 and it happened once the guy we have has had that amount or lower 4 times already.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And at UF the priority should be to score more points in a game than 13 against Vandy but that's the most the guy we have has managed to do in his 1st two attempts against them. I'd also have to say they should score more than zero points in a half against FAU and not need OT to win that game but that also happened, let's not forget the 24 points against a terrible Umass team. And as bad as you're claiming Leach to be his offense still ranked 13th in the country 103 spots above the guy we have. And to make it sound even worse while at WSU his lowest amount of points was 10 and it happened once the guy we have has had that amount or lower 4 times already.

Florida's priority is winning SEC / National Championships... Leach doesn't get us there. He will lose 2 games he shouldn't (teams with less talent) on a regular basis.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Terrible photo quality, but this is a picture I took of Mike Leach during recruiting season in the Atlanta airport, presumably on his way down to Florida to sign the three guys he got out of our state all the way from the other side of the county. Washington State has nothing to offer a recruit from Florida, it's barely a DI school and even Dennis Erickson and Jackie Sherrill couldn't do much there. Yet he's able to get three players to go to the other side of the country and play in a high school stadium, practice in the rain, and go to a campus with a bunch of water-logged granola eaters. Kind of makes you wish our current staff would get off their asses, stop fkking hammerheads, and start hustling. 20170126_104108-2.jpg

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Florida's priority is winning SEC / National Championships... Leach doesn't get us there. He will lose 2 games he shouldn't (teams with less talent) on a regular basis.
I stated earlier that I didn't think he could win us any championships but he'd be more entertaining than what we have right now. Let's make it clear I don't want him as my coach unless it's to switch him for who we have now that's all I'm saying. I'd take him over the guy we have now but I don't want either

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I stated earlier that I didn't think he could win us any championships but he'd be more entertaining than what we had right now. Let's make it clear I don't want him as my coach unless it's to switch him for who we have now that's all I'm saying. I'd take him over the guy we have now but I don't want either

Don't change unless it's an upgrade... Leech isn't an upgrade, he is a 4 loss coach. We need an upgrade.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I get that I'm just saying I'd rather have ML as my coach if I had to choose between the 2

I'm not a Mac fan, but a kids path to the NFL is easier in a Pro Style offense than the spread/run-shoot hybrid that Leech runs. There is a reason leech is a middle teir coach, I don't see the benefit adding leech other than the press conferences would be very, very entertaining.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not a Mac fan, but a kids path to the NFL is easier in a Pro Style offense than the spread/run-shoot hybrid that Leech runs. .
Leach is a Mumme/Holgerson spread guy. SOS, Corrial, and Infante were run and shoot. The two concepts arent related.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Leach is a Mumme/Holgerson spread guy. SOS, Corrial, and Infante were run and shoot. The two concepts arent related.

How Leach has bastardized even the mumme/Holgerson principles, it was the best coorelation I could think of without coffee.

I would want neither of those two jabronies either.

Last edited:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Terrible photo quality, but this is a picture I took of Mike Leach during recruiting season in the Atlanta airport, presumably on his way down to Florida to sign the three guys he got out of our state all the way from the other side of the county. Washington State has nothing to offer a recruit from Florida, it's barely a DI school and even Dennis Erickson and Jackie Sherrill couldn't do much there. Yet he's able to get three players to go to the other side of the country and play in a high school stadium, practice in the rain, and go to a campus with a bunch of water-logged granola eaters. Kind of makes you wish our current staff would get off their asses, stop fkking hammerheads, and start hustling.
I get your point Pasty, but in Pullman, WA (home of WSU), it snows more than it rains. They're on the eastern side of the state (10 miles from Idaho) which is much dryer than the western side of the state (hotter in the summer and colder in the winter - yuck). So I think it's actually worse than the picture you paint.
Pullman, WA, gets 21 inches of rain per year. The US average is 37. Snowfall is 29 inches. The average US city gets 25 inches of snow per year. The number of days with any measurable precipitation is 114.

People might also find the next stat interesting as it shows Seattle has less than average precipitation:
Seattle, Washington, gets 36 inches of rain per year. The US average is 37. Snowfall is 11 inches. The average US city gets 25 inches of snow per year. The number of days with any measurable precipitation is 155.

All that said, I love Mike Leach - he's entertaining as **** (but WSU can keep him). I don't think I'd love him as our coach.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
With so many former DC's passing through the ranks as SEC head coaches, there is little wonder why the SEC has such boring offenses. We need more like Steve Spurrier -- guys who are not afraid to think outside the box, instead of inside the box.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I'm not a Mac fan, but a kids path to the NFL is easier in a Pro Style offense than the spread/run-shoot hybrid that Leech runs. There is a reason leech is a middle teir coach, I don't see the benefit adding leech other than the press conferences would be very, very entertaining.
Not sure why that matters, it's not the coaches job to get players to the NFL, their job is to win games and i think we'd win more with ML

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
All that said, I love Mike Leach - he's entertaining as **** (but WSU can keep him). I don't think I'd love him as our coach.

This is where I'm at. I love to watch the guy in interviews and hear whatever random crap comes from that weird mind, but I wouldn't want him as >my< team's coach. Think about it, if Leach took over at TN or AU or whatever SEC school....would you really be afraid? At all? Or would you be counting that program as an also ran? Yeah, they may beat you but they won't win it all - ever. I'd be loving every post-game that program airs, but I would not be afraid of them at all - even if Leach was given SEC talent to work with.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So, one more than Butters?

Dont get me wrong, I dont want anything off the Mumme tree though. They all suck.
Leach has been a head coach for 15 years, Mac has for 5. Come back in 10 years. Or don't come back at all.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Actually Mac averages FIVE losses a year - 41-24 over 5 years is 8-5

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'd take holgerson. He's turned his program around now that he's figured out you're allowed to run the ball. They gave bama all they wanted a few years ago. Big difference in leach and holgerson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator