Mike Slive to retire in 2015

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/11700911/sec-commissioner-mike-slive-retire-july-2015/

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- Mike Slive will retire as commissioner of the Southeastern Conference on July 31, 2015, after 13 years on the job, he said Tuesday.
Slive also announced that he is beginning treatment for a recurrence of prostate cancer for which he was treated in the late 1990s.
"I have been blessed in more ways than I can count and I will have as much passion for this job on my last day as I did on my first," Slive, 74, said in a statement. "I consider my health situation a temporary detour in a remarkable road that has allowed me to meet amazing people, experience incredible events and celebrate historic victories. I will relish my final year in this position and look forward to being the biggest fan of the SEC for many years to come."Slive also announced that he is beginning treatment for a recurrence of prostate cancer for which he was treated in the late 1990s.
A national search for his successor will commence this fall, said Nick Zeppos, chancellor of Vanderbilt University, who serves as chair of the SEC presidents and chancellors.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
People are already asking if Foley will try and replace him. I doubt it though.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n79717 said:
People are already asking if Foley will try and replace him. I doubt it though.
Hmmm....interesting.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Prejudice aside, I think Foley should actually and try to get that position.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
This has been known for a while, and yes, Foley's name has been thrown about.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I would not be surprised if Foley moved into that position. I don't think there would be a better candidate.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
chferg;n79710 said:
Saw that today, wonder who they will replace him with

Muschamp...he will ensure to stay the course and overcome the diveristy on the field....plus I hope he is looking for a new job here soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator