Mike Tomlin has words for RFN

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
About his hit on Bell as the game ended. Cheap hit by RFN.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Didn't he trip a player running for a sure TD last year?

I'll take a cheap hit by a player in the heat of the game over a head coach blatantly attempting to alter a contest's outcome.

Can it, Omar.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Come to think of it, you're right, he did try and get in the way of someone running down the sideline. However, the hit run Put on Bell was just as intentional and the outcomes are drastically different.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
NVGator;n138541 said:
Come to think of it, you're right, he did try and get in the way of someone running down the sideline. However, the hit run Put on Bell was just as intentional and the outcomes are drastically different.

I didn't see it live, but the replay doesn't look malicious. Multiple places are saying it was legal.

Sucks for Bell though.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Of course it's "legal" because you can't go high, but you can low. He lowered his head and went after the knee. Look,I'm not even a Steelers fan, just think it was a sh¡tty hit by one RFN.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't see it, I was sawing logs. I will comment on these horrible rules, however. It's getting to where you can't hit a guy low and you can't hit high. You can't touch the sweet little QBs helmet. Did you see that farce of a call on Green Bay when the defender happened to slap Stafford on the side of the helmet. As deceased Alex Karras once said, we need to put dresses on them. Maybe we should just put a red shirt on the QBs like they do in practice. It's making football a joke. I'm old and I detest all these ridiculous rules. Everybody knows football is dangerous and unhealthy.

After saying that, I do loathe cheap shot artists.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't see it but Tomlin is one that should just pass the comment up and move on. With the rules the way they are now there is going to be more lower hits than ever before. I sure did see the slap to Staffords helmet in the GB game. He's been slapped harder for propositioning a woman than on that play. If its within the rules then it is what it is.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The hit was legal and clean. The players are not allowed to hit high anymore, so they are going to go low. Especially when it is a DB tackling a RB. I have no issue with the hit.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
DBs hit guys low all the time, and sometimes the player getting hit gets hurt. It's football.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Tomlin says the bickering had nothing to do with the hit, which he admits was legal. He said it was "he-said, she-said" stuff. Grow up, gentleman. :rolleyes:

So what happened between Tomlin and Nelson?

“You have to ask him about that,” Tomlin said. “He was talking about some he-said, she-said type of a deal. I don’t know what he was talking about. . . . I guess a teammate told him that I said something regarding him."
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...o-hit-on-bell/

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Tomlin is a bafoon and has little class. A coach that has been caught on camera taunting the opposing fan base during a game or intentionally trying to inhibit a player from scoring during a play by stepping onto the field has no biz talking about a hit that he himself admits was clean and within the rules. He's a prick, period. Now queue the "racist" comments.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n138714 said:
Tomlin is a bafoon and has little class. A coach that has been caught on camera taunting the opposing fan base during a game or intentionally trying to inhibit a player from scoring during a play by stepping onto the field has no biz talking about a hit that he himself admits was clean and within the rules. He's a prick, period. Now queue the "racist" comments.

Spot on analysis.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n138678 said:
DBs hit guys low all the time, and sometimes the player getting hit gets hurt. It's football.

I think we're overlooking the obvious here. It's NV we're talking about. Clearly he has/had money on the Steelers.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n138717 said:
I think we're overlooking the obvious here. It's NV we're talking about. Clearly he has/had money on the Steelers.

No, NV enjoys talking bad about Gator players.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n138720 said:
No, NV enjoys talking bad about Gator players.
No evidence that NV has ever been a Gators fan. I think he's just another telemarketing dude (no offense Wobble) with time on his hands and nothing better to do.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n138770 said:
No evidence that NV has ever been a Gators fan. I think he's just another telemarketing dude (no offense Wobble) with time on his hands and nothing better to do.

Hey telemarketing is paying the bills. Don't hate. :lol:

GatorFin

Jul 24, 2014
If you think he was aiming for the knee you're just dumb, sorry. He went low because that's all he is allowed to do (he hit just above the knee in fact, bell's leg happened to be planted). The league wants to limit head trauma, well get ready for lower body trauma. It is a game of inches and stopping the offensive player's momentum at the exact point of contact is the ideal defensive play. The only thing that does that is to match the speed of the offensive player in the opposite direction of said offensive player. Maybe fault bell for running so fast into Nelson? Or Ben for leading his receiver into harms way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator