Miles, er, Fleck to lead Golden Gophers

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Yawn. One player, that we didnt want.

Again, Saban was clear about why he went to LSU and it was all about overcoming recruiting disadvantages.

Didn't want??? SOS absolutely wanted PB at UF. You're in serious denial. And he brought in some other decent talent that msu wasn't accustomed to having.

I know why nicky left, but he didn't have the reputation and successful track record he has now. Les is a known commodity.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I hope he does alright there but I doubt he has too much success. Minnesota makes it hard to get top recruits.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
I can remember when Minnesota was nationally relevant. Early 60s with coach Murray Warmuth. Hope Miles can revive their ancient glory days.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Good for him, he'll cause some reflux issues I'm sure.

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
What a mistake by Fleck, W.Michigan is a better job if you want to move up, now he'll be lucky to win 7 games a year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Again, Miles stock just isnt as high as what you silly boys think. PJ Tresselball looks dynamic in comparison.

Weird choice by Tresselball Mankisser IMO. Maybe he just loves the snow.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Interesting move by Fleck. Stay at Western Michigan and get a better job next year, or go to Minnesota to build that program up, and in 2-3 years move on. And for those knocking Minnesota. The Twin Cities area, although cold and snowy in the winter, is a vibrant community with low cost of living and low crime for an urban area that size. If you don't mind the winter, it's a great area to live.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Fleck is a better hire than Miles. He may very well make Minnesota relevant again. Gators could use Carl Eller and Bobby Bell types that once patrolled the field for the Golden Gophers.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I told you guys Fleck was going to Minnesota.

9Q249Qsl5cfLi.gif

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Interesting move by Fleck. Stay at Western Michigan and get a better job next year, or go to Minnesota to build that program up, and in 2-3 years move on. And for those knocking Minnesota. The Twin Cities area, although cold and snowy in the winter, is a vibrant community with low cost of living and low crime for an urban area that size. If you don't mind the winter, it's a great area to live.

I told you guys Fleck was going to Minnesota.

Bad move by Fleck. Agree w/ Midwest that he should have held out for a better gig. That's a tough situation (like taking Miss State in the SEC or NC State in the ACC). He could have gotten a bigtime P5 job. He's going to be rich ($3.5 million/year), but could be fired within 4-5 years.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Bad move by Fleck. Agree w/ Midwest that he should have held out for a better gig. That's a tough situation (like taking Miss State in the SEC or NC State in the ACC). He could have gotten a bigtime P5 job. He's going to be rich ($3.5 million/year), but could be fired within 4-5 years.

He may be gone to greener pastures before 4-5 years is up.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He may be gone to greener pastures before 4-5 years is up.

True....but I'm sure there's a big buyout (which is very common these days).

And on that subject, I laugh everytime there's a discussion about "who would you want" if McElwain got fired....and someone mentions a Fuente or another P5 coach. First off, those coaches have good jobs too. Second, the buyouts in these contracts make it very hard for a P5 to P5 hire. Look at the damn buyout we gave to Colorado State! We still owe them money and we still have to play them in Gainesville.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bump - New thread title.
[GIPHY="meh"]https://media4.giphy.com/media/Ngu7v2fXqO9a/giphy.gif[/GIPHY]

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays