Mizzou Bball fires Kim Anderson

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I know the results of Mizzou Bball in his 3 years were terrible, but in all honesty he walked into a situation about one notch above a program that was coming from the death penalty. Yes they were awful, but with him they were 10 years from turning the corner, now they are at least 20. I genuinely feel sorry for Anderson. Yes I know he got paid well, but this was a no win situation for anyone. I know he really wanted to make it work being a great player at Mizzou, but this might have been one situation where 5 or so years was warranted, unless the next John Wooden is waiting in the wings.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The right coach can turn it around in a couple of years.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It was definitely time to move on for both parties. Cuonzo Martin is the top candidate? Why would he leave cal for that dumpster fire?

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
Mizzou needs to fire its entire faculty due to "consecutive loosing seasons"

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Missouri owns their basketball problems. Oh, they can blame Anderson or whomever they hire to replace him but this used to be a top level basketball program less than ten years ago.

The downfall began when the morons hired what they knew was a dirty coach from Miami (Frank Haith) and then they sat back and watched as he duplicated the culture at Miami and drove the program into the ground.
When he left (not sure Missouri would have ever fired him) Missouri found out how bad things were when they were reduced to hiring Anderson to begin with. Rather than eat the humble pie and support the poor slob tasked with the clean up, they fire him as if he created the problems.

I have to admit that I am enjoying the collapse of the Missouri athletic program because they deserve it. Between the stupid decisions in the athletics dept. and the ridiculous decisions being made on the academic side, Missouri has been it's own worst enemy.

Oh well, I guess they will need all those safe zones on campus to deal with their incompetence.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Well, the coach that was ran out of town by Vols fans in Knoxville accepted the HC position at Mizzou.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well, the coach that was ran out of town by Vols fans in Knoxville accepted the HC position at Mizzou.
Cuonzo? How does this guy keep getting jobs? I guess slightly below mediocre coaches are in high demand.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Cuonzo? How does this guy keep getting jobs? I guess slightly below mediocre coaches are in high demand.

He's an east St. Louis native and former coach at Missouri State. That is the only explanation.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
6th highest paid coach in basketball...guy can recruit but that's about it...

Have fan Moo....

Fans around here and talking like they are going to be a 3 seed and have a chance at winning it all next year with Martin...makes me chuckle

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator