Mmmmm....this baseball team....

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Sas is probably one of these new microbrewery, tangerine-watermelon-cucumber, IPA loving "guys". :lol:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If/when I drink cheap beer, Miller High Life would be it.

I still prefer my Fat Tire and Blue Moon however....

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Are you guys really getting defensive over Miller High Life?? :lol:

Although if given the choice between Miller and an IPA, We'd both take Miller. IPA's are cat piss.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Are you guys really getting defensive over Miller High Life?? :lol:

Although if given the choice between Miller and an IPA, We'd both take Miller. IPA's are cat piss.
IPAs are like eating a handful of weeds.

Worst crap to ever be bottled.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Sas is probably one of these new microbrewery, tangerine-watermelon-cucumber, IPA loving "guys". :lol:
Don't ever associate me with IPAs. That's worse than being a deplorable.

High Life tastes like Pepe Le Pew's taint sweat.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
My life is simple... depending on the venue, it's either

killians-irish-red-bottle-500x500.jpg

-- OR --

BcnN9aGCEAAUGuq.jpg

:)

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I like Killian's. It's nothing spectacular, but it's a good fall back red. As far as Irish beers are concerned, give me a Smithwick's and I'll be a happy man. Whiskey wise, I don't discriminate much. Knob Creek, Crown, Woodford, Jameson, and just about any other whiskey that wasn't distilled in a vat full of Charlie Weis' dirty underwear.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Crown or Makers Mark for me.

Locally, the Hornets Nest that Old Mecklenburg Brewery in Charlotte makes is very tasty.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
High Life tastes like Pepe Le Pew's taint sweat.

Which of course begs the question.......

BTW, agree about IPAs. I just don't get it. I'll take a good old Yuengling or Stella and call it a day.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Which of course begs the question.......

BTW, agree about IPAs. I just don't get it. I'll take a good old Yuengling or Stella and call it a day.

You all clearly haven't had a good IPA. Some definitely are just full of hops, but when done correctly... they are amazing. I only drink beer from local breweries here in Austin or close. There are so many good places and the beer is better with higher alcohol content anyway. Oh... and you can get anything from a Pale Ale to a Red to an IPA, so you can find one that suits you... unless all you like is beer flavored water.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You all clearly haven't had a good IPA. Some definitely are just full of hops, but when done correctly... they are amazing. I only drink beer from local breweries here in Austin or close. There are so many good places and the beer is better with higher alcohol content anyway. Oh... and you can get anything from a Pale Ale to a Red to an IPA, so you can find one that suits you... unless all you like is beer flavored water.
:snob:

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Just too hoppy for me. I've tried about a dozen and haven't found one I'd order again. I've given up specially since I'm not all that adventurous about beer. I know what I like and I stick to it. Also can't do or understand fruity beers. Just....just....no.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No.

Sep 29, 2015

Bells Two-Hearted. Ballast Point Sculpin. These put most other beers to shame.

That, or a nice bottled in bond rye whiskey.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
It's been mentioned here before, but IPA was created when the beer the Brits were transporting to India for their soldiers spoiled before arrival. The solution? Just make it with more hops and it won't spoil.

The takeaway: it was crap beer made for soldiers, history's most screwed over group of individuals. Never was intended to be a refined beer. IMO it still isn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator