Mmmmm....this baseball team....

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bells Two-Hearted. Ballast Point Sculpin. These put most other beers to shame.

That, or a nice bottled in bond rye whiskey.

One of my favorites for sure. Cigar City (Tampa) brews a white oak IPA that is very good.
My favorite is probably Anchor's Go West IPA. Anchor also makes the best Porter i've had.

Sep 29, 2015
One of my favorites for sure. Cigar City (Tampa) brews a white oak IPA that is very good.
My favorite is probably Anchor's Go West IPA. Anchor also makes the best Porter i've had.

I like Cigar City's Jai Alai. I'll have to try the White Oak and the Anchor Go West. The best I've had is the Ballast Point Sculpin (the original, not the grapefruit/pineapple frankenstein versions). Also had Russian River's Pliny the Elder Double IPA once, which was exceptional.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

I had some Cigar City stuff last time I was down that way and it was solid. I would definitely buy it again

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's been mentioned here before, but IPA was created when the beer the Brits were transporting to India for their soldiers spoiled before arrival. The solution? Just make it with more hops and it won't spoil.

The takeaway: it was crap beer made for soldiers, history's most screwed over group of individuals. Never was intended to be a refined beer. IMO it still isn't.
Interesting note - hoppy beers actually spoil faster than non-hoppy beers. Stone Brewing goes so far as to put out an 'Enjoy By' series of IPAs that they say should be consumed within 45 days of bottling (the date to drink it is boldly printed right on the bottle). If you've ever tried to hold onto one of your favorite IPAs to enjoy 6 months down the road, you know when you first start drinking it that it's not the same beer it was 6 months ago.
Good beers for aging are strong ales, barleywines and/or big dark beers that have been aged in bourbon barrels. These beers can be stored for many years in the right environment (cool and dark), and can become more complex and better with time.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Are we trying to lose this game? This pitcher should never been allowed out there in this inning after two pitches. Now after a run and a walk we change???

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Base running mistake, never go back that is a sure way to get out. Now all that strategy is for nothing, I don't understand bunting just to move from second to third. Makes no sense to me, but perhaps that is because baseball is not my thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.