Votes: 20 35.7%
  • Beating FSU by 40

Votes: 36 64.3%

• Total voters

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This guy is unbelievable. Anyone remember his arrest a few years ago for leaving a kid in the car while he was at a strip club? He's been making some serious money the last few years (apparently all illegal):

http://www.news4jax.com/news/former-jaguar-indicted-on-fraud-money-laundering-charges

A former Florida Gators and Jacksonville Jaguars linebacker is facing federal charges of defrauding the United States government and taxpayers, the Department of Justice announced Tuesday.

Monty Ray Grow, 45, was indicted with conspiracy to defraud the U.S. and to pay and receive health care kickbacks, money laundering and causing the misbranding of drugs while held for sale.

Grow, who lives in Tampa, received about $20 million in kickbacks from a Broward County compounding pharmacy in exchange for recruiting and referring patients covered by Tricare -- a health care insurance program that mainly provides medical coverage for military families -- between September 2014 and June 2015, according to the indictment.

Grow played for the University of Florida in the early 1990s and played four games for the Jaguars as an undrafted free agent in 1995.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He has always been a little shady from what I heard. I guess he wasn't smart enough to not leave an official trail to the fraud like our Governor.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He'll blame it all on the 'roids.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You know what? This is one of the reasons why telemedicine can be shady. It has its benefits but it can be grossly abused.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This guy is unbelievable. Anyone remember his arrest a few years ago for leaving a kid in the car while he was at a strip club? He's been making some serious money the last few years (apparently all illegal).

It was the right move. No need for kids to be exposed to strippers at such an early age. Just good parenting.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It was the right move. No need for kids to be exposed to strippers at such an early age. Just good parenting.

Every day I pass that Strip Club on the way to work, that is what I think about.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Monty Ray Grow, 45, was indicted with conspiracy to defraud the U.S. and to pay and receive health care kickbacks, money laundering and causing the misbranding of drugs while held for sale.

Grow, who lives in Tampa, received about $20 million in kickbacks from a Broward County compounding pharmacy in exchange for recruiting and referring patients covered by Tricare -- a health care insurance program that mainly provides medical coverage for military families -- between September 2014 and June 2015, according to the indictment.

This is interesting wording here. It sounds like Grow received money from a private company. Now the government is claiming he defrauded the government and tax payers. If I were on the jury, I would need to see either a payment to him from the Treasury or evidence that he coached people to get benefits they were not eligible for.

Given the current over reach of federal prosecutors, I start out as a skeptic here.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is interesting wording here. It sounds like Grow received money from a private company. Now the government is claiming he defrauded the government and tax payers. If I were on the jury, I would need to see either a payment to him from the Treasury or evidence that he coached people to get benefits they were not eligible for.

Given the current over reach of federal prosecutors, I start out as a skeptic here.

If he was paying doctors to write prescriptions for telemedicine, then that violates anti-kickback. The violates federal law.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I was never a big Monty Grow fan it wasn't until Teako Brown and lawrence Wright took over as our starting safeties that we took that next step to greatness.

Maxxodd

Chill Winston
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2015
I still remember the hit he put on the West Virginia QB in the '94 Sugar Bowl. It knocked their QB out of the game and their spirit was crushed. It was beat down city after that.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016

You gotta watch the video until after the 1:45 mark. The West Virginia QB tries to run a play with his chin strap attached to the top of his helmet and hanging down across his face. LOL

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Back in 1991 Monty Grow was suspended for a season for PED. He claimed it was in a supplement he bought at a nutrition store and he didn't know it was illegal.

That story sounds familiar.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member

You gotta watch the video until after the 1:45 mark. The West Virginia QB tries to run a play with his chin strap attached to the top of his helmet and hanging down across his face. LOL

That was an awesome trip. I miss those days...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator