Recruiting More from The Opening

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I hope we land Juedy at WR....and I hate seeing Ohio State and Michigan cherry picking in our state!!

Gator Chomps: CB A.J. Terrell delays decision, WR Trevon Grimes ’70 percent’ committed to Ohio State?

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...von-grimes-70-percent-committed-to-ohio-state

BEAVERTON, Ore. — A.J. Terrell hoped to make a decision soon, but his recruiting process is far from over.

The 4-star cornerback from Atlanta planned to commit on his birthday (Sept. 23), but has postponed his announcement.

“I just didn’t think my mind would be made up by then, so I decided to push it back some,” Terrell said Friday at The Opening, Nike’s annual football camp for elite prospects.

“I don’t want to pick a school and then de-commit. I want to take my time and make sure I get it right. I think I’ll commit toward the end of the season. I need to take some official visits.”

Terrell said Alabama, Clemson and Florida are schools that will definitely receive an official visit from him. Auburn, Georgia and South Carolina are his other three finalists.

UF is considered one of the most likely landing spots for Terrell, the nation’s No. 9 cornerback and No. 91 overall prospect. He attended Florida’s satellite camp in Atlanta last month.

“I love the Gators,” Terrell said. “Coach (Torrian) Gray knows all about defensive backs. I really believe he can help me develop my game in college and get me ready for the NFL.

“He just tells me I have a good shot to compete for a starting job. There’s going to be empty spots because they have DB’s leaving this year. I want to get on the field quick so that’s big.”

5-star wide receiver ’70 percent sure’ of his college destination
Ohio State has long been the front runner for wide receiver Trevon Grimes, who is scheduled to make his decision Aug. 24.

He may have the least suspenseful announcement this year because of his openness about the Buckeyes’ advantages, but Grimes doesn’t mind.

“I’ve had an amazing recruitment, so I’m happy,” he said. “If people think they know where I’m going, that’s fine. I may surprise them, I may not. Time will tell.”

The 5-star wide prospect from St. Thomas Aquinas High School (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) said he’s “70 percent sure” of his college destination.

So in other words, since the Buckeyes lead, is he 70 percent committed to Ohio State?

“I can’t tell you that,” Grimes said with a smile. “Hey, there may be something I’m not saying. Put it that way.”

But at this point, another school surpassing the Buckeyes seems very unlikely. Grimes thinks there’s only one way that could happen.

“Me going up to Ohio State this summer and not feeling comfortable anymore, or me becoming more comfortable with another school,” Grimes said. “That’s one of my biggest factors (comfort), so something can change that way.”

Grimes will also visit Florida, Florida State and Miami before his decision, and said the Gators are the biggest threat to Ohio State. He’s still giving all schools a chance, but that won’t be the case after his pledge is in place.

“When I commit, I’m done,” Grimes said. “I’m just going to cut it off. I may take some officials, but I’m going to be focused on my school.”

Jerry Jeudy goes viral with nasty juke move
Jerry Jeudy stole the show during a cat-and-mouse competition Friday at The Opening.

The nation’s No. 7 wide receiver from Deerfield Beach, Fla., had some impressive footwork against elite cornerback Jamyest Williams.

Video of Jeudy’s juke move has been retweeted more than 400 times. Jeudy plans to visit three SEC schools this fall.

proxy.jpg

Follow
Zach Abolverdi @ZachAbolverdi

JERRY JEUDY
1f633.png

7:23 PM - 8 Jul 2016

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
McKitty injured at The Opening and may delay his announcement:

https://www.seccountry.com/sec/repo...-the-opening-which-could-delay-his-commitment

X-rays on three-star tight end prospect Tre McKitty’s ribs came back negative on Sunday after he sustained an apparent injury Saturday at The Opening, Nike’s premier summer camp that features more than 160 of the top football prospects in the nation, 247Sports’ Keith Niebuhr reported.

McKitty tweeted Sunday morning that he will be committing on ESPNU at approximately 10 p.m. ET, but that could be delayed, Niebuhr reported.

Auburn and Florida are the two SEC schools still in the running for the 6-foot-4, 235 pound tight end, along with Oregon and Florida State.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator