Most anticipated part of the Spring Game

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The sad truth is that our kicker is the most exciting part of this team. That said, I think we have a pretty good group of RB's that could be fun to watch and a few playmakers at WR. It will also be good to get a taste of how much the QB's have improved, but like others have said, we really won't know how good they are until the season starts.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Shake hands and have a good clean fight, er I mean game. No injuries please.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
If Mac pits the #1 offense against the #2 defense again we won't learn anything.

It will just set us up for false hope like we had with LDR after last season's spring game.

If he does that again this year I won't even bother to watch.

Thank you! Didn't understand why he did this last year. Put the best vs the best. Also if the QBs are neck and neck, let them each have time playing on the first string offense.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thank you! Didn't understand why he did this last year. Put the best vs the best. Also if the QBs are neck and neck, let them each have time playing on the first string offense.

It's a national showcase, not a practice. Do you honestly think he is going to show the 1s vs 1s this year? Honestly?

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
It's a national showcase, not a practice. Do you honestly think he is going to show the 1s vs 1s this year? Honestly?

Do I think he will? Probably not. Should he? Yes. Why not let them compete against equal competition in a game like setting? The only downfall I see is injuries. Mac said after the bowl game this team needs to get tougher, we'll it time to show it. Let's the best go against the best and let them get after it.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Do I think he will? Probably not. Should he? Yes. Why not let them compete against equal competition in a game like setting? The only downfall I see is injuries. Mac said after the bowl game this team needs to get tougher, we'll it time to show it. Let's the best go against the best and let them get after it.

It's a nationally televised (and re-televised) event.... it's more for getting booster money and recruits to see (the future) at this point. If we are going to get tougher, no glorified TV production in the Spring is going to make us that much tougher in the fall. This isn't about practice or team, it's about marketing. TV money and marketing is more involved than coaching.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
It's a nationally televised (and re-televised) event.... it's more for getting booster money and recruits to see (the future) at this point. If we are going to get tougher, no glorified TV production in the Spring is going to make us that much tougher in the fall. This isn't about practice or team, it's about marketing. TV money and marketing is more involved than coaching.

The only thing that is gonna make money flow into the program is to show improvement in the fall. Your not going to show improvement in the fall, by putting on some fairy tale production in the spring game. Time to toughen these boys up.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
The only thing that is gonna make money flow into the program is to show improvement in the fall. Your not going to show improvement in the fall, by putting on some fairy tale production in the spring game. Time to toughen these boys up.

Nah

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

that's what practice is for... Spring Game is "The Spring Showcase" as Meyer coined it. It's a Marketing Tool, meant to put butts in the seats in the Fall. It's about Merchandise sales. One Spring Practice isn't going to toughen this boys up, that's what Summer workouts and fall is for.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
that's what practice is for... Spring Game is "The Spring Showcase" as Meyer coined it. It's a Marketing Tool, meant to put butts in the seats in the Fall. It's about Merchandise sales. One Spring Practice isn't going to toughen this boys up, that's what Summer workouts and fall is for.

At least it will be an accurate barometer of where we stand now and provide motivation toward to fall. I'm tired of false hope. It's about what gets us more prepared for the Michigan game, not about giving all our fans false hope. Doesn't matter if it ends 13-10 snooze fest, if it gets these boys more prepared for that first game. Beat Michigan and they'll be no problem with people in stands and money donated.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Well I'm tired of being a kool aid drinker. I want to see these boys have a chip on their shoulder and an attitude in the fall. I want to see an all out war in the spring game.

I'd rather not have guys get hurt over a meaningless game though. No matter what happened (even if going max effort) we still wouldn't know anything about our team.

We will know more once we play a different opponent.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
At least it will be an accurate barometer of where we stand now and provide motivation toward to fall. I'm tired of false hope. It's about what gets us more prepared for the Michigan game, not about giving all our fans false hope. Doesn't matter if it ends 13-10 snooze fest, if it gets these boys more prepared for that first game. Beat Michigan and they'll be no problem with people in stands and money donated.

So one practice is going to get these boys ready to play in front of over 100,000 people in Jerry World against Michigan? You believing in the false hope isn't a Spring Showcase issue, it's believing that a showcase is a real representation of what to expect. Practice against ourselves is no more a barometer, than playing NCAA 2013 on a gaming system. As Tyson said "Everyone has a plan until they are punched in the mouth". We aren't going to punch ourselves in the mouth.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm going to watch because one, it's football, 2, it's the Gators. This game will not tell us much except for how many INTs Frask will throw. Other than that it will have nothing to do to gauge us on how we are and ready for Meatchicken.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am anxiously awaiting the triumphant return of one Luke del Rio and his cannon arm.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
It's Gator football, I think that's a reason to be excited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator