Most impressive SEC teams after Week 1?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I came away with the following opinions: Texas A&M had the most impressive victory. The Dwags were a close second. Thought LSU did well by coming back and dominating the second half with all those youngsters on the roster. The Barn would take the 4th spot, followed by Mizzou. No one else impressed or played anyone worth a flip, so I won't offer an opinion on them other than to say SC looked bad...really bad.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hate to say it, but the pups. However their defense looked ordinary against a young, toothless Clumpson offense.

A&M looked good but it was against a virtually non-existent defensive backfield.

The first week showed me nothing. Except Alabama looks vulnerable, Awwwburn looks like **** still defensively, LSU is young (which we knew), and SC has some huge defensive backfield concerns

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
A&M an Georgia easily... Not sure why anyone is impressed with Mizzou. The final score does not really tell the story

601Gator

Aug 10, 2014
I gotta say it has to be Georgia and I hate to admit that. But their backfield is scary. I'd go 1. UGA 2. A&M 3. Auburn 4. Bama

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
And it appears the league will have much more parity this year, but maybe not be quite as good at the top as the past decade.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Georgia was the most impressive to me aswell. But I'd be curious to see how good they looked if that run game got shut down. Anm looks like they are going to contend for the west. Auburn looked better than bama imo. From what I seen yesterday bama and georgia are the toughest teams we're going to face. I do realize this is just a one game sample .

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n39195 said:
And it appears the league will have much more parity this year, but maybe not be quite as good at the top as the past decade.
Funny you say that, I think there's going to be parity, but I think overall and even the top looked good.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well, they're out of the gate and we are still in the pasture. Yesterday did us no favors. I hope this group can find their gears quick and get a few breaks to get the season Mo going. It's been a long time since winning a battle and overcoming adversity and a leader(s) emerge has taken place. This ain't some video game and showing up without cohesion from the head coach to water boy is going to get our ass kicked regularly. Here's to the head coach being prepared this year instead of being some yesterdays mouthpiece. Go Gators!!

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GatorStud;n39225 said:
Well, they're out of the gate and we are still in the pasture. Yesterday did us no favors. I hope this group can find their gears quick and get a few breaks to get the season Mo going. It's been a long time since winning a battle and overcoming adversity and a leader(s) emerge has taken place. This ain't some video game and showing up without cohesion from the head coach to water boy is going to get our ass kicked regularly. Here's to the head coach being prepared this year instead of being some yesterdays mouthpiece. Go Gators!!

Yep. People saying yesterday was no big deal for us are wrong. We needed to get the jitters out and settle some positions on the depth chart.
I'm not sure if it appeared the same to everyone else watching games yesterday but it seemed to me that even the winning teams in most cases took about 2 or 3 quarters to really get in sync. Bama, and LSU looked raw but I they will make a big step up in their 2nd games. UGA looks good however Clemson was starting over on offense and their defense is never that good. TAMU and Auburn are going to make the west a 4 team race.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n39282 said:
Yep. People saying yesterday was no big deal for us are wrong. We needed to get the jitters out and settle some positions on the depth chart.
I'm not sure if it appeared the same to everyone else watching games yesterday but it seemed to me that even the winning teams in most cases took about 2 or 3 quarters to really get in sync. Bama, and LSU looked raw but I they will make a big step up in their 2nd games. UGA looks good however Clemson was starting over on offense and their defense is never that good. TAMU and Auburn are going to make the west a 4 team race.

That's what Eastern Michigan and Kentucky are for now.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n39282 said:

eastern Michigan and Kentucky are two warm up games. That's plenty of time to get the jitters out. It's not like Idaho is going to give us a better look than our 3rd string scout team in practice.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
There is no way we are better for not having played this game. Yes we still have EMU and KU. T, our scout team does not come with 90,000 fans and all the fixings of a real game. Also coaches are on the field to correct mistakes during practice.....real games decide real depth charts and real game reps really can't be duplicated when installing a new offense with a lot of first time players. Other programs like Bama, UGA, Auburn and almost every other team is running the same systems they have for years......we are not. There are issues that come up like signals and communications and substitutions that have to be ironed out in real game scenarios.

Darthgator

Aug 18, 2014
The way UK looked on Saturday it looks like a trap game. With that kind of win steak against them and bama the next weekend C'mon

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Best I've seen KY look, ever and that's a long time.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n39304 said:
There is no way we are better for not having played this game. Yes we still have EMU and KU. T, our scout team does not come with 90,000 fans and all the fixings of a real game. Also coaches are on the field to correct mistakes during practice.....real games decide real depth charts and real game reps really can't be duplicated when installing a new offense with a lot of first time players. Other programs like Bama, UGA, Auburn and almost every other team is running the same systems they have for years......we are not. There are issues that come up like signals and communications and substitutions that have to be ironed out in real game scenarios.

We have two more cupcakes to get all that ironed out. Wouldn't have gotten an honest look at our team in those conditions, anyway.

And Kentucky was playing Tennessee-Martin. Let me repeat that. Tennessee. Martin.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
59-14 over UT Martin. Pulled starting QB in 3rd qtr. Four good RBs.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n39304 said:
Yes and two games is plenty of time for that.I didn't say we were better off I just said I don't think it's going to impact our season.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Darthgator;n39309 said:
The way UK looked on Saturday it looks like a trap game. With that kind of win steak against them and bama the next weekend C'mon

:fear:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator