Most impressive SEC teams after Week 1?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Kentucky is a trap game? Really? Because they beat TN Martin?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n39335 said:
Yes and two games is plenty of time for that.I didn't say we were better off I just said I don't think it's going to impact our season.

After thinking about it for a while, we should be ok in this perspective. Normally we used to have 2 games before UToothless. And before Bama this year, we'll have two games. Playing Saturday should would have helped but not a deal breaker IMO.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm going to wait and see how well Clemson's D does against the run a few more games before jumping on the UGA bandwagon. Some of you guys sound like turncoats the way you are heaping praise on the butt sniffers. :headshake:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ugly is one dimensional on offense. Their Qb is trash also. A one dimensional offense is easy to beat.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Tennessee thumped Utah State which surprised me - they have some young talent there but are probably at least a year away from being any threat to the better teams.

Mr. SEC

A Very Impatient Grown Up
BANNED
Aug 1, 2014
Law98gator;n39369 said:
Ugly is one dimensional on offense. Qb is no better than Driskel. A one dimensional offense is easy to beat.

Just stop Todd Gurley. That can't be that hard.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
Ugly is one dimensional on offense. Their Qb is trash also. A one dimensional offense is easy to beat.
:exactly:

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think we were clearly the most dominant team in week 1.

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
We have averaged 64 yards a play so far this season...no one can say that but us! We were the sec's best this week!!

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
t-gator;n39335 said:
Yes and two games is plenty of time for that.I didn't say we were better off I just said I don't think it's going to impact our season.

I didn't think playing UM in the 2nd game last season was going to make any difference either. We were better than them at that point in the season-before injuries- yet we lost and it seemed like everyone was saying oh, it's because Driskel and Jones didn't get enough reps in camp and the oline was not in sync. These are the things that only get fixed by getting a lot of game reps....like 3 games worth. If you note we had our offense working pretty good by the second half of the UT game and into the UK and Arky games before injuries set in. This was with mostly all returning players and 2nd year in the same system. Now with a new system it could take 4,5 or even 6 games to get things rolling. It is really huge.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mr. SEC;n39375 said:
Just stop Todd Gurley. That can't be that hard.
It hasn't been in the past, even when you had a better O line.

And the reality is that Gurley probably won't even be on the field by our game given his injury history.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
TN G8tr;n39366 said:
After thinking about it for a while, we should be ok in this perspective. Normally we used to have 2 games before UToothless. And before Bama this year, we'll have two games. Playing Saturday should would have helped but not a deal breaker IMO.

Funny thing is I've looked at UT as our final warm up game for the last 7 years. I 've always penciled it in as a win before the season started.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Law98gator;n39369 said:
Ugly is one dimensional on offense. Qb is no better than Driskel. A one dimensional offense is easy to beat.

Then you have to stop the friggen screen pass to Gurley......they have killed us with that play for the last 3 years.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n39388 said:
Then you have to stop the friggen screen pass to Gurley......they have killed us with that play for the last 3 years.

They haven't killed us. They've scored two TDs. Driskel's turnovers and our Vince Dooley/ Ray Goof offensive mindset have killed us.

We have dogshyitt on our shoe and we can't get it off.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Law98gator;n39395 said:
They haven't killed us. They've scored two TDs. Driskel's turnovers and our Vince Dooley/ Ray Goof offensive mindset have killed us.

We have dog**** on our shoe and we can't get it off.

Driskel didn't play last year and was leading us to a potential tying score in 2012 before the human kangaroo decided to take a leap of faith into the end zone....forgetting to take the pigskin with him. I think it was actually Marshall who went untouched like 50 yards for the TD that put them up that year, but didn't Gurley also score on a long screen last year.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gurley was coming off an injury last season and still ran pretty good against us with the number of carries he had. Hopefully our defense is ready this season.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Gator Fever said:
Gurley was coming off an injury last season and still ran pretty good against us with the number of carries he had. Hopefully our defense is ready this season.
I think we play our best defense against power running offenses. The only problem we have historically is getting burned by a screen pass.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n39395 said:
We have dog**** on our shoe and we can't get it off.
Truer words have never been spoken. As for Gurley, bring it! Look forward to seeing him stuffed. Although I tend to agree that he'll be hurt by then anyway.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I can't wait for the Kentucky "trap game" (ham sammich) thread next week.

I will say I'm a little impressed by Tennessee's effort. Utah St. has been a solid "mid-major" team for a few years now. Doesn't mean I'm scared of Tennessee in any way, shape, or form, but I wasn't expecting them to blow USU out like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator