Most impressive SEC teams after Week 1?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, most people confuse Jones and Gurley, because, you know, they weigh 235 lbs.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n39597 said:
Yeah, most people confuse Jones and Gurley, because, you know, they weigh 235 lbs.

Straight from UGA's site.
3Todd GurleyTBJR6-1226Tarboro, N.C./Tarboro HS

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, clearly Jones IS BETTER than Gurley, right Champ?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
601Gator said:
AugustaGator;n39564 said:
girley weighs how much?

Nobody was comparing Jones to Gurley. Jones gets a lot of hate on this board and for no reason at all. The kid went through a lot last year, rushed back and looked sloppy. He will be a great player and huge factor in this offense this year. You can hold me to that.
I agree. He will play a big role in our offense. I don't think he will get a ton of rushing yardage but he will be very important because he can also block and catch well.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think Jones is going to get alot of carries and surprise alot of you guys. He's shown first hand at the end of games he's hard to tackle looking back at the fsu game. Like someone said he came back early after losing a ton of weight and it showed up on the field last year. Yes he's going to catch some balls and block but I'm not counting him out as a ball carrier.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n39369 said:
Ugly is one dimensional on offense. Their Qb is trash also. A one dimensional offense is easy to beat.

they ran it down our throats last year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A one dimensional offense is easy to beat if the clown running your offense isn't mystified at the thought of scoring three times in the same game.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
Concrete Helmet;n39304 said:
There is no way we are better for not having played this game. Yes we still have EMU and KU. T, our scout team does not come with 90,000 fans and all the fixings of a real game. Also coaches are on the field to correct mistakes during practice.....real games decide real depth charts and real game reps really can't be duplicated when installing a new offense with a lot of first time players. Other programs like Bama, UGA, Auburn and almost every other team is running the same systems they have for years......we are not. There are issues that come up like signals and communications and substitutions that have to be ironed out in real game scenarios.

We have two more cupcakes to get all that ironed out. Wouldn't have gotten an honest look at our team in those conditions, anyway.

And Kentucky was playing Tennessee-Martin. Let me repeat that. Tennessee. Martin.
:facepalm:

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Based on the quality of the team beaten I think TAM was the most impressive.

But we have to wait several weeks to see if SC was over-rated.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I wasn't impressed with any of them since it was a one game measurement and the opponents varied. What I did takeaway is that our opponents are beatable and the first game showed a lot more vulnerability for teams like LSU, AL, and UGA. USCe laid an egg and may have a terrible season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You people are overreacting to USC losing. Yes, they are vulnerable to good passing attacks. Luckily for them, the SEC has only one.

Bammer and Jorga have also been the last few years and it didn't hurt them because most of the teams are insanely one dimensional on offense (by design).

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n40690 said:
You people are overreacting to USC losing. Yes, they are vulnerable to good passing attacks. Luckily for them, the SEC has only one.

Bammer and Jorga have also been the last few years and it didn't hurt them because most of the teams are insanely one dimensional on offense (by design).

they weren't able to stop the run either. And on offense there was no where for the runners to go. Even if Davis would have been healthy they wouldn't have been able to run the ball.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I have a feeling SC will give Georgia everything they can handle regardless of how they look this week against East Carolina.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n40708 said:
they weren't able to stop the run either. And on offense there was no where for the runners to go. Even if Davis would have been healthy they wouldn't have been able to run the ball.
I didn't watch that game closely due to family issues but when you have a QB torching your young DBs, you end up playing cover 3 or 4, and probably a dime, which in turn opens up lots of yards on rinky dink passes and runs. It's basically the way SOS used to slice up a defense, make them back up or get toasted deep then go for the throat.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n40712 said:
I have a feeling SC will give Georgia everything they can handle regardless of how they look this week against East Carolina.

I hope so but I doubt it. It's pains me to say it but georgia is pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.