Most miserable fan base

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Florida: Ask any SEC coach if they think it would be better to eliminate divisions, and they’ll probably look at you as if you had three heads. But McElwain’s tenure at Florida makes a great argument for why they’re irrelevant. Winning the East each of his first two years technically is a tangible accomplishment for McElwain, but it has bought him exactly zero goodwill from Florida fans. After all, they know what real deal, elite-level football looks like, and the Gators haven’t delivered it.

Check out this article from USA TODAY:

Misery Index Week 1: Failing the fans in Florida

https://usat.ly/2gvaV2Y

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd say were the most miserable. Offense has been downright objectionable.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just reading these boards you can tell that we are MISERABLE even when we WIN. A LOT of Haters and Complainers had a REALLY tough time when Sully WON his first NC and also that the basketball team came out of NO WHERE to go from UNRANKED to ELITE 8. Those 2 programs success was a near death blow for Trolls...

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just reading these boards you can tell that we are MISERABLE even when we WIN. A LOT of Haters and Complainers had a REALLY tough time when Sully WON his first NC and also that the basketball team came out of NO WHERE to go from UNRANKED to ELITE 8. Those 2 programs success was a near death blow for Trolls...

:wtf:

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah there were alot of pissed off Trolls when UF/Sully WON the NC. They were COMPLAINING alllllll year long about Sully

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
They say we are the most miserable and then go on to say it is justified?. Why the usa today went from number one to trash

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah there were alot of pissed off Trolls when UF/Sully WON the NC. They were COMPLAINING alllllll year long about Sully
When your posting completely useless nonsense is it really necessary to randomly post some words in all caps?

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My wife and I are in a coed soccer league. Its always very competitive and very physical. There are teams out there that complain to the refs and hate it when its physical and say we just play for fun. Our team is out there to WIN and play hard and knock people over. Anything it takes to WIN. We make fun of those COMPLAINERS and call them LOSERS. No wonder that our team is always near the top of the standings and those COMPLAINERS/LOSERS are always near the bottom of the standings season after season. Sound familiar...OWNED and DESTROYED one final time...

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Yeah, I am sure that most of our enemies and those in the media ( most of the espn crew) would love for us to just sit back and except the product on the field. I am sure that the OSU fans would have been just fine get pushed around by UM the way we did and no doubt that after being up 44-10 only to lose, the the Tex A&M folks are all looking on the bright side of things tonight. Ask Mark Richt what 10 winning seasons did for him at UGA, or Les Miles how it went for him at LSU. We suck and that's just the plain truth and we have every right to bitch about it.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My wife and I are in a coed soccer league. ...

tumblr_ns9e49HaHo1uc250go1_250.gif

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
My wife and I are in a coed soccer league. Its always very competitive and very physical. There are teams out there that complain to the refs and hate it when its physical and say we just play for fun. Our team is out there to WIN and play hard and knock people over. Anything it takes to WIN. We make fun of those COMPLAINERS and call them LOSERS. No wonder that our team is always near the top of the standings and those COMPLAINERS/LOSERS are always near the bottom of the standings season after season. Sound familiar...OWNED and DESTROYED one final time...
:thug2: That said if they keeping score Im trying to win. People laugh at soccer and scoff at the way its played but it is bad asss with all those bodies in motion and at best shin guards and a mouthpiece. My kids in pe LOVE it.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not even miserable anymore. It's more like indifference. I expect to be awful in big games under Mac. He hasn't shown us he can win a big game. And that's purdy kewl.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
It is a testament to the relevance of college football’s offseason, and also perhaps the interminable length of it, that the Misery Index was bombarded for requests to return this season before the first games had been played.

Surely enough had happened off the field, whether it was Bob Stoops retiring or Ole Miss firing its coach for calling erotic services or the potpourri of wacky story lines and controversies that pop up almost every week, to give the people what they really want: A measurement of which fan bases are irrationally overreacting to events and circumstances they are emotionally invested in but ultimately can’t control.

But the Misery Index decided to stay true to its roots and remain silent on all matters of college football suffering until it actually got to see the product on the field. And nobody’s product stood out for its putridness more than Florida’s.

Sure, there were plenty of worse teams in Week 1 than the Gators in their 33-17 loss to Michigan. But that isn’t, and has never been, the point of the Misery Index.

This is about the total experience of rooting for a team, something that can only be measured within the context of what has happened before and what fans believe will happen in the future.

At some point — and it probably needs to be soon — Florida coach Jim McElwain needs to show that he knows how to coach an offense. We know he has done it successfully before at various stops along the way, but he’s failed to reproduce it at Florida, and a fan base that grew up on Steve Spurrier is getting restless waiting to see the evidence.

How can you blame them?

The Gators not only failed in pretty much every offensive category against Michigan, but their offensive line — which was supposed to be the strength of their team — got completely manhandled all game long. Florida gained 11 yards on the ground and couldn’t do much in the passing game either, with just nine first downs for the game and 192 yards of offense overall.

Though the score was closer because Michigan made some big mistakes, including a pair of pick-six interceptions, the game really wasn’t. It never felt like Florida had much of a chance.

And when it was over, all McElwain could offer was an anodyne acknowledgment that Michigan was the more imposing, physical team. “Plain and simple, take your whooping,” he said. “I’m taking it.”

The problem is, Florida’s not a “take your whooping” type of program. Well, actually they were under Ron Zook and Will Muschamp, which got both of them a quick ticket out of town. History tells us the Gators do not abide this type of football for long, and they certainly won’t abide a coach who seems to have few answers on how to fix it.

This was only one game, but it was a problematic performance for McElwain because it did not appear much progress was made in fixing the problems that plagued Florida his first two years. Nor were Florida’s problems a product of missing 10 players due to suspensions, as none of them would have been able to change the physical calculus in the game that allowed Michigan to push Florida players out of the way like trash cans on wheels. Moreover, while Michigan is a good program again under Jim Harbaugh, it’s a young team that made a lot of mistakes — and Florida didn’t even come close to taking advantage. It’s often hard to tell much from Week 1, but the Gators made it very clear they’re a long way from being relevant in the national discussion.

(Disclaimer: This isn't a ranking of worst teams, worst losses or coaches whose jobs are in the most jeopardy. This is simply a measurement of a fan base's knee-jerk reaction to what they last saw. The way in which a team won or lost, expectations vis-à-vis program trajectory and traditional inferiority complex of fan base all factor into this ranking.)

FIVE MOST MISERABLE
Florida: Ask any SEC coach if they think it would be better to eliminate divisions, and they’ll probably look at you as if you had three heads. But McElwain’s tenure at Florida makes a great argument for why they’re irrelevant. Winning the East each of his first two years technically is a tangible accomplishment for McElwain, but it has bought him exactly zero goodwill from Florida fans. After all, they know what real deal, elite-level football looks like, and the Gators haven’t delivered it.

For McElwain, referencing his division titles in a down SEC East to a fan base that consumed the Spurrier and Urban Meyer eras is no more effective than bragging to a food critic that you run the best high school cafeteria around. Even when it’s Taco Day, it’s still unsatisfying, unhealthy and likely to cause digestive problems in the near future.

Spot on!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...t-carolina-nc-state-texas-missouri/629894001/

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I coulda sworn I read this already...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.