Most WRs drafted in last 25 years?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It would be nice to see us pick up the torch again.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think fulwood and Robinson have the potential to be the next pair of gator greats at the wr position. But that's pretty much the general consensus around here.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Once in a Universe far, far away in a time long, long ago.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
...there were quarterbacks who could find receivers roaming downfield and deliver the pass in a way that was most catchable. Ah...those were the days. Looking forward to seeing that again.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n14428 said:
...there were quarterbacks who could find receivers roaming downfield and deliver the pass in a way that was most catchable. Ah...those were the days. Looking forward to seeing that again.

were were also on the Quarterback U list as well, if that makes you feel better.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;14478 said:
Which was the best? I'd pick harvin.

Good question. It was before my time, but I grew up watching reruns of "Green is behind the defense!" So I would say my favorite was Jacquez Green. I believe Percy Harvin was the most talented, but Carlos Alvarez was probably the best.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We used to get a lot drafted but I don't remember many of the Spurrier era ones doing a lot in the NFL. I guess that speaks well of Spurrier because he surely got great production from them in college.

Swampy

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n14512 said:
We used to get a lot drafted but I don't remember many of the Spurrier era ones doing a lot in the NFL. I guess that speaks well of Spurrier because he surely got great production from them in college.
Ike Hilliard had a nice long and productive career for the NY Giants.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Swampy said:
Gator Fever;n14512 said:
Ike Hilliard had a nice long and productive career for the NY Giants.
and continued after his time with the Giants with the Buccanneers.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Caldwell has had some productive years as well.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Gafney was really good. He and Caldwell made for a tough day on the defense, add in taylor jacobs as the 3rd option that last year for spurdog and man that was some offense.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n14653 said:
Gafney was really good. He and Caldwell made for a tough day on the defense, add in taylor jacobs as the 3rd option that last year for spurdog and man that was some offense.

Gaffney was a decent pro. Caldwell earned the nickname Reche "Ricochet" Caldwell with the Chargers due to dropped passes. And Taylor Jacobs had that unforuntite injury his rookie year that all but ended his career. I believe he came back to get his degree after he retired from the NFL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.