Mullen’s 1st Week Video to Fans

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen's enthusiasm is infectious. Add to it the 2005-2008 UF story he can tell on the recruiting trail. I'm buying a call on UF's 2018 recruiting class.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen's enthusiasm is infectious. Add to it the 2005-2008 UF story he can tell on the recruiting trail. I'm buying a call on UF's 2018 recruiting class.
with all this crazy coaching changes we are in a very unique position of being able to do better than average for us. A 5-7 class is within reach.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Butters did this too, except he looked like an idiot doing in.

CJz_PKrWEAUWeX4.png

The snowball effect is huge in college football. At least Eddie is trying.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I’m an optimist, always looking for the best in situations and people. And so I hoped for the best with Zook, Muschamp & McElwain and supported them until I couldn’t.

I was on fire when they hired Spurrier. I was on fire when they hired Meyer.

This morning I realized I’m fired up again. Not as intensely as with SOS or UM3, but much more like that than the others. I’m poring over news about assistants, recruits, schemes etc. much more intently than I have in years. That had been tempered by the informed cautions and stats I’ve read here, but I’m not talking calculation. It just feels different and much better than it has. And it slipped up on me. He wasn’t at the top of my list.

Side note: The offense was still Tebow’s, but took a significant dive after Mullen left. I’ve attributed that primarily to the loss of Murphy & Harvin. But losing Mullen hurt too.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Mullen is a great “brand” manager. He certainly gets it. In contrast to the last two he is a star off the field. His energy, enthusiasm and excitment is contagious. Keep the positive spotlight on Gator Nation! I am cautiously opptimistic and hopeful he is knocking the stink off the program from the last eight years.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
I don't know how many of you saw his appearance on Gameday this morning but he was outstanding. He was energetic, concise, he got in and out of his comments quickly. Those are all things that are important to TV producers and come across well on screen.

Both his comments about taking the Florida job and also about today's games where he interacted with the other hosts were very well done.

No this doesn't impact coaching on the field but being the head coach at a program like Florida is about more than just game day coaching. So far Mullen has done a great job representing the Florida brand.

Red D

Nov 4, 2017
Coach has all the intangibles. Has the look of a power 5 coach, his enthusiasm is off the charts and we finally have someone who is articulate. My god, watching butters fumble for words at his pressers was cringeworthy.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I’m an optimist, always looking for the best in situations and people. And so I hoped for the best with Zook, Muschamp & McElwain and supported them until I couldn’t.

I was on fire when they hired Spurrier. I was on fire when they hired Meyer.

This morning I realized I’m fired up again. Not as intensely as with SOS or UM3, but much more like that than the others. I’m poring over news about assistants, recruits, schemes etc. much more intently than I have in years. That had been tempered by the informed cautions and stats I’ve read here, but I’m not talking calculation. It just feels different and much better than it has. And it slipped up on me. He wasn’t at the top of my list.

Side note: The offense was still Tebow’s, but took a significant dive after Mullen left. I’ve attributed that primarily to the loss of Murphy & Harvin. But losing Mullen hurt too.

A coach can only do so much without superior players, not only in football capability but in leadership as well. And it goes down the roster to the last walk on.

Mac apparently never got that at all.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Talk is cheap, but if Mullen puts in the effort he’s promising to do , we should be alright. Will we be elite? I hope. Mullen seems to be trying really hard to be enthusiastic and trying to win over the fan base. He realizes he wasn’t the first choice and maybe that’s gives him an extra drive and edge that will help him succeed beyond my expectations. Come on Mullen, prove us doubters wrong. Go Gators.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Shoutout to my hometown Baker County Wildcats football team. Made it to the state title, the first ever for our school. Hell, we’d never been past the 2nd round before this year. Play American Heritage Friday in Orlando, so that may end up being a blowout, but still proud of them.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
If Mac were to have been asked to do or done something like this on his own, he would have bumble phucked his way through it. You can only Hee Haw so much before you get turned off. Mullen understands what we want.

I agree. He knows completely, and comes across as quite aware in these efforts. He is dotting every 'i', and crossing every 't'.
It is quite another thing, and is totally apart from his potential actual future success, but I will give him an "A" for effort so far.
He knows how to court a gator fan.

...and I think I speak for every gator fan of the 90's when I say I would like to see some successful vertical passing going on. Please consider this, Mr. Mullen.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I don't know how many of you saw his appearance on Gameday this morning but he was outstanding. He was energetic, concise, he got in and out of his comments quickly. Those are all things that are important to TV producers and come across well on screen.

Both his comments about taking the Florida job and also about today's games where he interacted with the other hosts were very well done.

No this doesn't impact coaching on the field but being the head coach at a program like Florida is about more than just game day coaching. So far Mullen has done a great job representing the Florida brand.
And yet...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I noticed he was wearing his NC ring this morning on Gameday for all to see. That was no accident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.