Mullen’s 1st Week Video to Fans

Discussion in 'Main Sports Forum' started by GatorJ, Dec 2, 2017.

1. GatorJ

GatorJ Hopeful

Oxbucks:
    $794
    Ratings:
    +8,525 / -54

2. '78

'78 Dazed and Confused
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,344
    Ratings:
    +7,189 / -91
    Mullen's enthusiasm is infectious. Add to it the 2005-2008 UF story he can tell on the recruiting trail. I'm buying a call on UF's 2018 recruiting class.

3. Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey Shytter's Full!
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $2,756
    Ratings:
    +25,722 / -542
    with all this crazy coaching changes we are in a very unique position of being able to do better than average for us. A 5-7 class is within reach.

4. Swamp Donkey

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $2,756
    Ratings:
    +25,722 / -542
    Butters did this too, except he looked like an idiot doing in.

[​IMG]

The snowball effect is huge in college football. At least Eddie is trying.

5. g8r.tom

g8r.tom Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $65
    Ratings:
    +70 / -0
    Then don't watch it.

6. Theologator

Theologator Enchanter

Oxbucks:
    $313
    Ratings:
    +1,127 / -12
    I’m an optimist, always looking for the best in situations and people. And so I hoped for the best with Zook, Muschamp & McElwain and supported them until I couldn’t.

I was on fire when they hired Spurrier. I was on fire when they hired Meyer.

This morning I realized I’m fired up again. Not as intensely as with SOS or UM3, but much more like that than the others. I’m poring over news about assistants, recruits, schemes etc. much more intently than I have in years. That had been tempered by the informed cautions and stats I’ve read here, but I’m not talking calculation. It just feels different and much better than it has. And it slipped up on me. He wasn’t at the top of my list.

Side note: The offense was still Tebow’s, but took a significant dive after Mullen left. I’ve attributed that primarily to the loss of Murphy & Harvin. But losing Mullen hurt too.

7. Theologator

Theologator Enchanter

Oxbucks:
    $313
    Ratings:
    +1,127 / -12
  8. g8r.tom

g8r.tom Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $65
    Ratings:
    +70 / -0
    Thanks for the link. He sounds like a confident, competent veteran coach. The her has grown on me.

9. Pablos Tunnel

Pablos Tunnel Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $189
    Ratings:
    +196 / -23
    Mullen is a great “brand” manager. He certainly gets it. In contrast to the last two he is a star off the field. His energy, enthusiasm and excitment is contagious. Keep the positive spotlight on Gator Nation! I am cautiously opptimistic and hopeful he is knocking the stink off the program from the last eight years.

10. Since65

Since65 Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $100
    Ratings:
    +405 / -0
    I don't know how many of you saw his appearance on Gameday this morning but he was outstanding. He was energetic, concise, he got in and out of his comments quickly. Those are all things that are important to TV producers and come across well on screen.

Both his comments about taking the Florida job and also about today's games where he interacted with the other hosts were very well done.

No this doesn't impact coaching on the field but being the head coach at a program like Florida is about more than just game day coaching. So far Mullen has done a great job representing the Florida brand.

11. Red D

Red D Member

Oxbucks:
    $42
    Ratings:
    +56 / -2
    Coach has all the intangibles. Has the look of a power 5 coach, his enthusiasm is off the charts and we finally have someone who is articulate. My god, watching butters fumble for words at his pressers was cringeworthy.

12. Blacklabgator

Blacklabgator Lurking Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $99
    Ratings:
    +1,394 / -53
    Mcbuttersharkhumperstain would have cried on the set.

13. Swamp Donkey

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $2,756
    Ratings:
    +25,722 / -542
    Funny, yet also reinforces speed, speed, speed. Our new corporate buzzword even more than Championships with Integrity.

#33 Swamp Donkey, Dec 2, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  14. Swamp Donkey

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $2,756
    Ratings:
    +25,722 / -542
    I golly geez, aint this kewl? Aint this neat? And yet, we aren't here, because I'm 4-7 and made first downs more rare than TDs used to be.

15. ChiefGator

ChiefGator A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!

Oxbucks:
    $289
    Ratings:
    +1,521 / -149
    A coach can only do so much without superior players, not only in football capability but in leadership as well. And it goes down the roster to the last walk on.

Mac apparently never got that at all.

16. Gatorraid81

Gatorraid81 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $171
    Ratings:
    +1,229 / -29
    Talk is cheap, but if Mullen puts in the effort he’s promising to do , we should be alright. Will we be elite? I hope. Mullen seems to be trying really hard to be enthusiastic and trying to win over the fan base. He realizes he wasn’t the first choice and maybe that’s gives him an extra drive and edge that will help him succeed beyond my expectations. Come on Mullen, prove us doubters wrong. Go Gators.

17. Gatorraid81

Gatorraid81 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $171
    Ratings:
    +1,229 / -29
    Shoutout to my hometown Baker County Wildcats football team. Made it to the state title, the first ever for our school. Hell, we’d never been past the 2nd round before this year. Play American Heritage Friday in Orlando, so that may end up being a blowout, but still proud of them.

18. Gatorious

Gatorious Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $81
    Ratings:
    +181 / -4
    I agree. He knows completely, and comes across as quite aware in these efforts. He is dotting every 'i', and crossing every 't'.
    It is quite another thing, and is totally apart from his potential actual future success, but I will give him an "A" for effort so far.
    He knows how to court a gator fan.

...and I think I speak for every gator fan of the 90's when I say I would like to see some successful vertical passing going on. Please consider this, Mr. Mullen.

19. B52G8rAC

B52G8rAC Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $46
    Ratings:
    +274 / -3
    And yet...

20. oxrageous

oxrageous American Hero
    Administrator

Oxbucks:
    $2,498
    Ratings:
    +17,047 / -143
    I noticed he was wearing his NC ring this morning on Gameday for all to see. That was no accident.