Mullen’s 1st Week Video to Fans

Discussion in 'Main Sports Forum' started by GatorJ, Dec 2, 2017.

1. MJMGator

MJMGator Slightly amused
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $721
    Ratings:
    +11,813 / -102
    I'm happy that we finally have a coach that understands and is embracing the expectations. Dan's gonna be a major upgrade over what we've endured the past decade.

2. rogdochar

rogdochar Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $603
    Ratings:
    +6,849 / -35
    ... hope those 'no-can-do' thoughts don't hold their ground in our players' minds.

Yet none of us catch how much "after-the-fact" success has drifted back and jacked up that prior acceptance intensiy.

... I'd like to see crisp in & out absorbed by our QBs, our WRs in games and even in every practice.

... Across the board, trying really hard would be nice... no 'Buddha-sits' here anymore.

3. lagator

lagator Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $320
    Ratings:
    +1,118 / -24
    I like it. He's working his ass off on the recruiting trail and on the PR circuit. And at the same time continuing the damage control with fans and boosters that he started with the good intro press conference.

He knows there are a lot of Gators whose first reaction to this hire was "that prick?" But he's doing a good job recruiting the players and the fans. He sounds like he's never been anything but all Gator, like MSU never existed. I like it and bet it pisses them off LOL.

4. Gatorious

Gatorious Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $81
    Ratings:
    +181 / -4
    During the Gameday interview particularly. When they asked him about his thoughts upon getting 'the call'.
    I now believe he was literally, as reported, actually "waiting on UF to call'.

MSU fans might be rubbed the wrong way, perhaps. The way he talked about not even having to think about it or discuss w/family.

5. RocketCityGator

RocketCityGator Junior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $249
    Ratings:
    +962 / -80
    Exactly. Some people will always see a glass half empty.

6. RocketCityGator

RocketCityGator Junior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $249
    Ratings:
    +962 / -80
    +1000000

7. rogdochar

rogdochar Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $603
    Ratings:
    +6,849 / -35
    For sure, I oughta jump in the glass supporting them - that would evaporate'em all.

8. GatorShea

GatorShea Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $348
    Ratings:
    +417 / -10

9. Ancient Reptile

Ancient Reptile Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $185
    Ratings:
    +820 / -72
    Can't really see you as a pumper.

10. Theologator

Theologator Enchanter

Oxbucks:
    $313
    Ratings:
    +1,127 / -12
    Benny Alexander & Big Money were from Baker County, right?

11. Tunaboat

Tunaboat Sling it Franks
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $86
    Ratings:
    +861 / -15
    To be totally honest, I've been very impressed with Mullen's aggressive attitude for taking the whole situation by the balls and driving the point home that he is a true LEADER, which we haven't seen even a hint of during the Mac nightmare. Not impressed the first time I saw the news, now I'm on board with this guy and jacked-up for what can happen with CDM driving. The hire was done intelligently and did not include Fooley calling the shots. We have a chance here.

12. Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey Shytter's Full!
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $2,756
    Ratings:
    +25,722 / -542
    Still just a realist but things are breaking our way a bit with this crazy coaching vacancies.

13. Ancient Reptile

Ancient Reptile Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $185
    Ratings:
    +820 / -72
    Hope you are right. Mullen is doing better than I expected, and I will give him a chance, but he is just not someone I am very fond of.

14. GatorRaz

GatorRaz A coincidence? I think not!

Oxbucks:
    $56
    Ratings:
    +538 / -6
    I was on the fence about Mullen but I'm really starting to like him more and more. He is saying and doing the right things in his first week on the job. Hitting the recruiting trail, making appearances on Game day and sending videos to let people know he is getting after it. I love the energy also. I just wonder if he can maintain that level of enthusiasm if we start to struggle next season w our current roster? I think he will be fine if we can keep most of our current class and land a few more elite players.
    Go Gators!!!

15. -THE DUDE-

-THE DUDE- This is the year!!!

Oxbucks:
    $374
    Ratings:
    +2,857 / -15
    I always thought he should have been hired when Meyer left...i was always kind of meh on him but at least he would have kept our style of play the same vs trying to imitate bama. I'm with the rest though that he's won me over...not sure it will translate on the field but I am way more excited about him being here than i ever was with chump and butters...i felt doomed from the start with both of those hires

16. gatordad3

gatordad3 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $103
    Ratings:
    +644 / -7
    CJ Spiller and Big Money played for Union County, as did Bennie.

17. Concrete Helmet

Concrete Helmet Hook, Line, and Sinker
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $197
    Ratings:
    +4,483 / -87
    Too soon for sure and you know I'm a little sketchy on this hire. I will say though his approach thus far is somewhat refreshing. Not watching someone fumblef vck through a simple arrival, press conference or 30 second video is more than we've gotten with the last 2 knuckleheads.....Also I haven't seen any signs of the condescending, smart ass scowls followed with a fake smile meant to intimidate and close off the press or fans as saw from the beginning with either Butters or Dunce.....we'll see and it won't take long though....keep your eye on recruiting for indications that we are moving forward or stuck in neutral because I don't think Mullen's coaching ability alone will win us more than 8-9 games a year....He'll need some horses for us to be lifting any hardware.

18. GatorJ

GatorJ Hopeful

Oxbucks:
    $794
    Ratings:
    +8,525 / -54
    I still can’t believe that we didn’t get Spiller.

19. ltraz

ltraz Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $490
    Ratings:
    +603 / -38
    Funny that some people are so confused by your comments bc they think everyone is a pumper or downer. Just being realistic isn't even an option for most.

I'm with you to this point. Thrilled with how he's presented himself so far.

20. Theologator

Theologator Enchanter

Oxbucks:
    $313
    Ratings:
    +1,127 / -12
    As I recall, UF decline to offer Bennie’s cousin, - 3* DE. Clemson did & Spiller went with him. I always wondered if we had taken the cousin - imagine CJ with Tebow & Harvin. Sigh.