Mullen’s scheme

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
have to agree here. Seems like anyone that was able to escape the program under butters or chump ended up alot better off and played/looked alot better too

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I think Mullen's scheme could end up being just like Butters scheme. Coach a couple of years here and get run out of town whilst winning the lottery. Hope I'm wrong.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think Mullen's scheme could end up being just like Butters scheme. Coach a couple of years here and get run out of town whilst winning the lottery. Hope I'm wrong.

Yep his scheme was possibly how he convinced UF to give him 6 million a year with a 12 million termination fee while going 3-34 against final AP top 25 teams and only having one winning SEC season in 9 years. Still hoping he gets all that corrected here however.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen wasn’t at UF when Bama shut us down in 2009
the ingredients were mixed by him though, but I don't know if it was SOLELY him. The Demps, Rainey, Deonte Thompson offense was never going to be effective.

That being said, both Mullinz and Creyer went away from the smurffense after that so I guess they learned there lessons. Change up backs are ok as a change up but you must still have power.

Last edited:

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
the ingredients were mixed by him though, but I don't know if it was SOLELY him.

The Demps, Rainey, Deonte Thompson offense was never going to be effective.

That being said, both Mullinz and Creyer went away from the smurffense after that so I guess they learned there lessons. Change up backs are ok as a change up but you must still have power.

Agreed, but to be fair we did pull in guys Emmanuel Moody for power that didn’t work out. This is also why I’m excited for our stable of backs. Most, if not all have the speed to get outside quickly (helps nullify a poor O-line and spread out the defense; see LSU’s jet sweeps last year) and power that can hit between the tackles once spread out.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed, but to be fair we did pull in guys Emmanuel Moody for power that didn’t work out. This is also why I’m excited for our stable of backs. Most, if not all have the speed to get outside quickly (helps nullify a poor O-line and spread out the defense; see LSU’s jet sweeps last year) and power that can hit between the tackles once spread out.
That misses the fact that the plays THEMSELVES don't work without a running QB threat at least.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Law,

I'm talking sweeps, tosses, jet sweeps, counters, end arounds, reverses, all things we've seen Mullen in the past that don't require a running QB. With that said, I think that we could be pleasantly surprised at our QB's running ability. No it may not be Tebow, Fitzgerald, Cam or Dak's ability, but more than Brantley's.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Difference is Mullen has a overriding sense of porpoise - no shark humping this time.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017

Hey buddy. I think the playcalling could have been the “done much better.” If I remember the ‘09 Bama game, Daz was committed to running Rainey/Demps at Mount Cody. Running smurfs at an almost 400 pound monster for four quarters is well beyond Mullen levels of stupid. Damnit, this board is good at making it seem like I’m some Mullen apologist:banghead:. Mullen also had slightly more creativity, such as the run left, throw to open Hernandez on the right against FSU ‘08 for example. May not have mattered, but any scheme is only as good as the person executing it (which for this comment I mean the playcalling).

All this is a Mullen vs. Addazio comment I swear

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.