Mullen beat Meyer in year 2 at MSU

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
To be fair the West was god awful in the 90s...possibly worse than the East now. After 92 when bama **** the bed they had nothing

Spurrier lost more games to the west than he did the east. Where I would agree that the east was better in the 90’s than the West was, the West wasn’t as bad as the east has presently become. Most years Florida and Tennessee were the 2 best teams in the conference, but after that who else in the east was good? Uga had a few good years in the 90’s and I don’t remember any other team in the east doing anything. Bama was really good in the early 90’s and finished the decade with a good year. Auburn was pretty good under Terry until the end of the decade, LSU really disappeared like uga in the 90’s. I remember miss st and Arkansas having a few solid years, can’t remember ole miss doing anything in that decade. The east was real top heavy in the 90’s, but the bottom of the east was probably worse than the bottom of the West.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Where I would agree that the east was better in the 90’s than the West was, the West wasn’t as bad as the east has presently become.
In terms of the SEC East , objectively the hated SEC East team UGA was the SEC champ this season.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
That's fine I was just going by the definition.

Dumb
adjective
adjective: dumb; comparative adjective: dumber; superlative adjective: dumbest
  1. 1.
    temporarily unable or unwilling to speak.
    "they stood dumb while the attacker poured out a stream of abuse"
    synonyms: mute, speechless, tongue-tied, silent, at a loss for words; More

2. 2.
    resulting in or expressed by speechlessness.
    "they stared in dumb amazement"

3. 3.
    datedoffensive
    (of a person) unable to speak, most typically because of congenital deafness.
    "he was born deaf, dumb, and blind"
    • (of animals) unable to speak as a natural state and thus regarded as helpless or deserving pity.
  4. 4.
    NORTH AMERICANinformal
    stupid.
    "a dumb question"
    synonyms: stupid, unintelligent, ignorant, dense, brainless, mindless, foolish, slow, dull, simple, empty-headed, stunned, vacuous, vapid, idiotic, half-baked, imbecilic, bovine;
:facepalm:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NORTH AMERICANinformal
  1. stupid.
    "a dumb question"
    synonyms: stupid, unintelligent, ignorant, dense, brainless, mindless, foolish, slow, dull, simple, empty-headed, stunned, vacuous, vapid, idiotic, half-baked, imbecilic, bovine;
Bovine, huh? And here we have a bovine leader.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Just remember that Bama knows that Meyer and Mullen's system gave Bama all they wanted when Meyer/ Mullen was at UF and UF is located closer to the top talent than Bama is.

The Bama media will do everything they can to put down sleeping giant UF. Bama lover Finebaum used to totally pound on Meyer in the media when he was at UF. Why? Because we could beat Bama on the field and in recruiting till Meyer burned out after Mullen left UF.
Saban broke Meyer and sent him into retirement. And what's Mullen's head to head record against Sabin in 9 years at MSU? Yeah, I'm sure Sabin is shaking in his orthotic tennis shoes.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Saban broke Meyer and sent him into retirement. And what's Mullen's head to head record against Sabin in 9 years at MSU? Yeah, I'm sure Sabin is shaking in his orthotic tennis shoes.
That little South Pole Elf has to die eventually.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
This is all so true. I keep trying to remind myself that as good of a recruiter as Creyer and Co were, they didn't start landing a top class until January of 2006.

Everything comes down to the OL. Everything comes down to the OL. There is very little you can do with a poor OL, maybe just quick tosses outside and quick edge runs to get away from the middle but your OTs must still hold on those.

There are plenty of things you can do without a QB. Ugly and Bammer did it last year with a QB no more effective than Franks.

We have a stable of functional though not elite backs who could carry the load even with horrid QB play ala 2012 if we just have a functional OL.
I think Scarlet could be elite with his added strength.

O-Line gets a lot of help with the 2 recruits reporting for summer A. Bleich is big enough and strong enough already to hold his own immediately. He's probably going to be our strongest lineman as a true freshman which is crazy. Gouraige's tape makes him look super athletic, long frame, long arms uses his hands well and good foot work. Not sure if he can get big enough fast enough, but still, having these 2 guys on campus and working on strength and conditioning looks like a huge boost for the O-line.

Is Banks on campus yet or is he not expected until fall?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Saban had zero to do with Meyer's retirement. Meyer has even kicked Saban's ass since.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Saban had zero to do with Meyer's retirement. Meyer has even kicked Saban's ass since.
:snicker::snicker::snicker:

Come on, dude. He has even given as one of his many excuses that he hated losing too much and didn't know how to handle it.

Urban went home crying like a bytch.

I do think that was Urban's best game btw, beating Satan with a 3rd string QB. That being said, you wonder why Urban had his best QB at third string and was prioritizing running abilities over QBing skills. His offense is easily the best on those few occasions when he feels compelled to open it up downfield, like 2006 OSU or that game vs Bammer.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think Scarlet could be elite with his added strength.
I don't know many. His stats are thoroughly mediocre, but he sure was misused by the last staff, I agree. In any event, you are hoping, he hasn't produced anything that makes anyone call him elite.

O-Line gets a lot of help with the 2 recruits reporting for summer A. Bleich is big enough and strong enough already to hold his own immediately. He's probably going to be our strongest lineman as a true freshman which is crazy. Gouraige's tape makes him look super athletic, long frame, long arms uses his hands well and good foot work. Not sure if he can get big enough fast enough, but still, having these 2 guys on campus and working on strength and conditioning looks like a huge boost for the O-line.

Is Banks on campus yet or is he not expected until fall?
It's sad that kids show up from high school in better shape than our guys who have been in the system for years, but Jawaan Taylor did it also. Here's hoping some of these kids come ready to at least give us minutes. We are going to need them desperately, I suspect.

I really can't watch another year of these toolbags playing OL like they are bullfighters.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

Come on, dude. He has even given as one of his many excuses that he hated losing too much and didn't know how to handle it.

I do think that was Urban's best game btw, beating Satan with a 3rd string QB. That being said, you wonder why Urban had his best QB at third string and was prioritizing running abilities over QBing skills. His offense is easily the best on those few occasions when he feels compelled to open it up downfield, like 2006 OSU or that game vs Bammer.
You're an idiot. Meyer is 2-2 against Saban. Clowns like you act like Saban has dominated him. It simply isn't the case, no matter how jilted you are.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You're an idiot. Meyer is 2-2 against Saban. Clowns like you act like Saban has dominated him. It simply isn't the case, no matter how jilted you are.
Saban still goes to the national championship game every year. Urban has been there once since 2008. You're right, he doesn't have a chance to dominate bc Urban doesn't make it to the big games.

Last edited:

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Saban still goes to the national championship game every year. Urban has been there once since 2008. You're right, he doesn't have a chance to dominate bc Urban doesn't make it to the big games.
Saban fields NFL talent in most positions every year. I doubt Saban would've beat Meyer if roles were switched that year.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

I rate Cardele Jones right behind Terrelle Pryor.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I never said Meyer was the better coach. Saban has earned that title. I simply stated a fact, they have played 4 times and each won twice. I think if they played 10 times they would split that at 5. As far as career winning percentage, Meyer blows Saban away. If I could start a team with any coach right now it would be Meyer, not Saban.

The idea that Meyer is "scared" of Saban is ludicrous. The fact is you hated Meyer even when he was raising crystal trophies here because you didn't like the way we won them. :rolleyes2:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law, let's play word association.

First words: My av.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.