Mullen Georgia Post Game presser

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
we were ahead in the 3rd quarter, we were missing several dbs, we were playing with the same guys that went 4-7 last year. uga has had top 5 recruting classess 2 years in a row. that was a winnable game and our mistakes cost us. uga attacked our weakened backfield.

yeah it sucks we lost, but we were competive not like the clowns in tally. thats why we only slipped a couple spots after a loss

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Too many QB runs and not enough carries for Perine again, which seems to be a recurring issue.

This strategy would make sense if we had a true dual threat QB, which we don’t. I don’t understand why we seem to run Franks this much, when those runs could be touches for Toney. Who never seems to get the ball enough in a game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You think they wouldnt have just sat down in the seams if we played zone?

Trash talent is trash talent. Everyone sees #12 on the field and immediately throws that way no matter what we are in . #33, #11, #21 and #29 aren't much better in pass coverage. It's easy pickings.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This strategy would make sense if we had a true dual threat QB, which we don’t. I don’t understand why we seem to run Franks this much, when those runs could be touches for Toney. Who never seems to get the ball enough in a game.
Whehhhhhhhhh..............

OK, it takes at least a basic understand of the playbook. On most of our option runs, there is a read. One player, usually EMOL (end man on the line) is the one. The DEFENSE actually determines if the QB or the RB runs on those plays.

There were a few called Q powers and a Q draw, but I only remember 2 and 1. Of course one was disastrous, but the thinking is probably that we were getting numbers in the box with the RB lead blocking.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Execution is number one. Missed TD that was there and was not executed. Two fumbles lost and one a lost opportunity. Bad int. Next is lack of talent in the defense and somewhat no pressure from our assumed pretty good defensive linemen. The lack of talent is somewhat due to two DBs being injured.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Execution is number one. Missed TD that was there and was not executed. Two fumbles lost and one a lost opportunity. Bad int. Next is lack of talent in the defense and somewhat no pressure from our assumed pretty good defensive linemen. The lack of talent is somewhat due to two DBs being injured.

Factual and logical.
:vulcan:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

I guess that is an angle. I don't disagree that Mullen makes mistakes and so do his assistant coaches ... but ... I also don't have Volzheimers when we lose and make it all about us making mistakes versus the other team making plays. I could be wrong, and I am wrong plenty, but I didn't see a whole lot of 'aggressive man-heavy scheme' in that game. It appeared to me we went conservative on D in the 2nd half.

I didn't like the QB draw (from shotgun?) out of the endzone either. But, like I said ... Mullen aint perfect and you have to look at Franks on that one more so than Mullen ... as well as the heads up play by the UGA defender. Right? Personally, if I was going to run Franks up the middle, I would have called it under center and let Franks just get behind and push the OL forward. But then again, I am sitting here in my PJs working from home as a network engineer and have never coached a football game at any level in my life. I assume you have a much higher pedigree in the department.

I totally disagree with you on the good vs elite comment. The difference between good and elite has more to do with the materials than they molding or production line. I think Mullen, on the aggregate, is getting elite production across the board out of good talent. That doesn't mean we are elite when compared to other teams across the spectrum ... that means we are elite compared to the ceiling our players have and how they are performing given the situation they are coming out of and playing in.

Point is ... to bash Mullen the way ThickandThin is doing based off this one game is just ridiculous and wreaks of just being a hater.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I haven't been this pissed off at a game in years, but I listened to the post game presser on the way home and two minutes in he's talking about how it's up to the fans to show up and make a difference. Dude shut the fcvk up, you just got out coached by kirby fcvking smart in the second half, you worry about the team, the fans are the least of your problems.

The next time Kirby outcoached somebody will be the first time he outcoached anybody.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator