Mullen Introductory Press Conference Thread: 3 PM EST

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
A C+ hire, made quickly to mollify the masses in the wake of the epic Chip Kelly swing/miss and to mitigate embarrassment so UF would not look like Tennessee, flailing about in their own putrescence. At least Mullen knows what he is getting into, so there is that.
At this point, UF is a C+ program. We've been the laughing stock of college football for the past eight years so I'm not sure why anyone thought UF would be a desirable head coaching destination. I don't believe Kelly and Frost were viable candidates in the first place so here we are.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
They went after Kelly, they went after Frost, both good coaches and at the same time trying to please the fan base. They were not interested right now, considering where we are and where they are. The next level of coach available was going to have pros and cons and was not going to unite the fan base. And here we are with one of them.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Other than a few people who will never let up no matter what, that will trail off as the days go by. It's good to let people vent right now, though. I personally felt like I was punched in the stomach. The prospect of thinking at one point that we had Chip Kelly made it so much worse.
I get you man, I was wishing for Chip for years. But I can't wallow in it, I'm going to move on and see what happens.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I'm pulling for him to win the presser today. It's a huge test and will be a good indicator of his leadership ability. If he can take command of that room and send a hopeful, positive message to the fans, players, and recruits I will be greatly encouraged.
Well after butters all he has to do is not vomit on the podium and it will look like a win.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
Mullen said our players will be Champions of Life. I need a bathroom break. Let me know if I miss anything.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Actually it isnt subjective. His past losingn SEC record, inabilitiy to.complete forwards passes, losing to South Alabama, these things are objective.

He is an azzhole is subjective.

The good news is that, subjectively, there appear to be enough Bull Gators pissed at this hire that Foley Jr Stricklin wont get a chance to fvkk it up twice.

So the bulls slept for decade, now they're pissed,

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
This model worked out great for us with Mac. Feel free to name names and I might be convinced otherwise.

And yet our two top choices told us to pound sand.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He's completing full sentences and isn't just drifting off into pointless blather. So that's a start.

I also like that he isn't doing the overplayed "we're gonna do it the right way" routine, essentially building in excuses from the start. He said multiple times--this is about getting the UF program back to a championship level. That's what's most important. Emphasized it several times.

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
so he was offered the job before the Egg Bowl? That was this past Saturday or Friday.. Im sure Old Miss is thrilled though the coach called during all this.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
so he was offered the job before the Egg Bowl? That was this past Saturday or Friday.. Im sure Old Miss is thrilled though the coach called during all this.
Egg Bowl was on Thursday, he said Stricklin called him on Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator