Mullen Introductory Press Conference Thread: 3 PM EST

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Egg Bowl was on Thursday, he said Stricklin called him on Friday.
f612b8bb9e_spockfascinating.jpg

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He stated he wants a smart QB, that pretty much eliminates anybody who played the position this year.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Nice deflection on the wife thing. Where were these guys asking tough questions like this during the Butters Error?

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
If you are a true Gator, then you will give Mullen a chance to do his job. If you are not a true Gator, you will continued to piss and moan trying to drag the program down even more. Mullen is the new head coach of the Gators and no amount of pouting and vicious criticism is going to change that. As some "source" was quoted about CK on this board a few days ago, it is a done deal. Only this time the "rumors" are true so get used to it and try to embrace our new coach and the team for the good of the program. We need all the positive vibes we can all muster up. Time for allus to climb back on the wagon. Go Gators.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Does that mean they gently knocked once on Frost's door and left? Sounds like SS was dead set on Mullen and the Frost "sit down" was just a reach around for the fans.
...or a more likely scenario was SS was talking with agents of both prior to their last games, probably knew Frost would say "no" based on the feedback, called him anyway and got the "no, thanks", and then called Mullen. You know, pretty much how it's been laid out for us by media.

GatorSteve

Founding Member
Lounge Lizard
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Dan is killing it up there! Mullen was not close to being my first choice. Dan knows what he is stepping into and looks extremely confident that he will get the job done. This choice may go down as being the best choice. Go Gators!!!

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Wasn't happy when the hire was announced.

Got banned at GC after being a 20 year paying customer.

After PC I feel much better about the hire

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
If you are a true Gator, then you will give Mullen a chance to do his job. If you are not a true Gator, you will continued to piss and moan trying to drag the program down even more. Mullen is the new head coach of the Gators and no amount of pouting and vicious criticism is going to change that. As some "source" was quoted about CK on this board a few days ago, it is a done deal. Only this time the "rumors" are true so get used to it and try to embrace our new coach and the team for the good of the program. We need all the positive vibes we can all muster up. Time for allus to climb back on the wagon. Go Gators.
:clap:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Very impressed after his press conference. He should know exactly what he is getting into. And with all the Gator connections he was stating, he knows what the deal is and what is expected. I really liked when he told the players, "get some rest". "They will not have experienced an off season program like they are going to." I feel much better and I am behind him. NOW GO GET CORRAL and keep him in the fold.

TN G8R

Aug 24, 2016
This prank is going too far. They even had someone up there looking like Dan Mullen. They need to quit playing around and get Frost up there.

...joking aside, I was ticked when I heard Mullen was the choice. After thinking about it and listening to him, I think this will end up being a great hire. I'm in!

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Well that went better than I hoped. He won the presser. At least, unlike Chump and Butters, he feels like a guy who belongs in Orange & Blue.

TheAlumni

Oct 29, 2017
For the love of toast, get over yourself.

It is sort of amazing to me that being part of the solution is complaining to the AD with lengthy emails were you threaten to withhold money and accuse the AD of betrayal and lying.....all before the guy has answered 1 question, coached 1 practice or game.....simply amazing...

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Hopefully he can at least get his wife to STFU and stay in Starkville if she hates Gainesville so bad.

She doesn’t hate Gator Nation.. she just hates tools who don’t know how to stfu out in the fan base is all... you can always count on them sticking their feet in their mouths...

TheAlumni

Oct 29, 2017

It's hard for me to believe but a lot of people are happier going thru life, angry, miserable and complaining about everything......I don't live that way.....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
At this point, UF is a C+ program. We've been the laughing stock of college football for the past eight years so I'm not sure why anyone thought UF would be a desirable head coaching destination. .
Unfortunately, this is true.

Im sure Mullen wont pressure the AD to bring our facilities out of the 1980s so quickly and they will enjoy.

This is a wallow in the mire kind of hire.

Our entire athletic dept needs an enema before the next hire.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well after butters all he has to do is not vomit on the podium and it will look like a win.
It is astonishing that a 4.5 mil a year CEO couldnt handle a press conference with our softball throwing press corps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb