Mullen looking to shake things up with unis

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The notion of Franks scrambling around to avoid the rush doesn't give me a lot of confidence. The only good thing I have to say about that is the sooner we get it out of our system, the sooner we can get on with Next.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I suffered through the 70s and 80s, Zook, Mushchamp and Mac. I can endure another year.
Look, I’m just keeping it real. Our OL sucks, our depth on defense is poor up the middle and we still have no QB unless a true freshman emerges. That’s not a recipe for success. I just want to see improvement and recruiting to pick up. Brighter days are ahead, but we’re not outta the woods yet.

I suffered through far more than that. Last year I barely made it to half time. This year I plan to watch re-runs of the glory years, and tune in to Mick just in case something decent is happening. To say I'm not optimistic is an understatement. Wait till year after next.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:rolleyes3:

If you really believe that, there's certainly no reason to even bother watching the games.
I dont watch games much anymore, at least not REALLY watch them. I dont even pause the game to grab beer or snacks. Tune out often. Sure as hell never watch replays and REALLY watch position groups like I used to.

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The question is, if we play well will people like law and MJM give props to the coaching staff? I don’t think they will.

If Trask came in and led us to a miracle win against UGA I think law would be absolutely miserable, and that’s pretty sad.

I believe in being optimistic until players or coaches give you a reason not to be.
I don't believe that for a moment. I've seen some of the of the harshest critics on this board cheer when things were going well...we all want to cheer but were getting tired of sitting on our hands waiting while AD's and unqualified coaches(not speaking about Mullen) pull us further and further from the emotional attachment we get from watching Gator football. Despite the fact that I detested Mac from mid season 2015 on I cheered every time we made big plays and won games. But lets face it those happy times are getting fewer and further between a whole lot of boring and some downright God awful football lately......I'm neutral on Mullen and his staff and I will cheer my ass off for him to win BUT I say that also knowing he has his work cut out for him and patience will be in short supply from the majority of Gator fans....

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We all want to cheer but were getting tired of sitting on our hands waiting while AD's and unqualified coaches(not speaking about Mullen) pull us further and further from the emotional attachment we get from watching Gator football.

You write that post as if you're in a direct position to do something about our bad football.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I am at the top of that list OX and the answer is YES. If Cousin Eddie proves our opinion of him wrong, we will admit it! But winning 9 games the way Butters won 9 games does not count. Worst 9 win teams I have ever seen. The entire process is what we care about!

Well despite a rather favorable schedule Mullen would have to earn it himself at least. Mac clearly won that many games due to the defensive players Muschamp left behind. Mullen doesn't have players like that to lean on now.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
You write that post as if you're in a direct position to do something about our bad football.
:scratchhead: Um no.....I wrote that post as in I'm a fan that misses watching good winning football from UF.....I have no position in this mess. I just want to see the Gators beat the hell out of some people on a regular basis again.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:scratchhead: Um no.....I wrote that post as in I'm a fan that misses watching good winning football from UF.....I have no position in this mess. I just want to see the Gators beat the hell out of some people on a regular basis again.
Then why all the consternation over "sitting on our hands waiting while ADs and unqualified couches" pull us down? You have no control over the situation. Might as well sit back and let it play out rather than continually get yourself all worked up. Wouldn't you think?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Such yellow manure. Who is better? Missouri? Kentucky? Vandy? Tennessee? Even LSU and FSU are extremely beatable this season.

You guys act like our recruiting classes the last few years were ranked in the 50's or something. They were down classes FOR UF, but they weren't horrific classes compared to other teams on the schedule.
Well Tennessee, LSU and fsu has put recruited us the past few years. And Missouri completely pushed our shcit in last year so I'm not feeling too optimistic about that one either.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
I'm going to be patient and let play out before making judgments. These kids just went through a shytstorm of horrible coaching. And while I've never been a fan of the "sideways offence," I'm hoping that Mullin will develop something more conducive to the talent we have.
Mullin is giving the impression that his offense will be adaptive. What worries me is that this seems to be a similar situation as when chimp took over and wanted to run a "pro-style" offence. That put a lot of pressure on the Oline. And it's this back-and-forth shyt that has hurt our consistency and development.
Now we're back to the read option and learning a new scheme; that puts a lot of pressure on an already suffering offensive line.
Let's hope Mullin learned something from Meyer. He's definitely going to need a QB that can get the ball out quickly, make quick reads and pick yards with his feet, AND stretch the field vertically imo.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
I don't think the issue is flashy. It's putting the cart before the horse. Win football games and you can dress as flashy as you want.

Meyer's teams did it and NOBODY complained.
Unfortunately we have been put way behind on facilities. Until we catch up there we have to find other ways to entice the kids to come. Facilities won't be brought to a premier level overnight. Throwing Jordan's and flashy uniforms at them may be our best angle at this point. I mean, have you seen how people act over Jordan's?

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
:ohboy:
... I see we're still living vicariously thru GI Joe pajama uniforms instead of our mystic.
Go Gators!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Unfortunately we have been put way behind on facilities. Until we catch up there we have to find other ways to entice the kids to come. Facilities won't be brought to a premier level overnight. Throwing Jordan's and flashy uniforms at them may be our best angle at this point. I mean, have you seen how people act over Jordan's?
No thanks. Not interested in reeling in those kinds of kids. I hope Mullen isn't either or we're in for a bumpy ride.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
No thanks. Not interested in reeling in those kinds of kids. I hope Mullen isn't either or we're in for a bumpy ride.
Describe the road we have been on since WM came into "cleanup the program."

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Describe the road we have been on since WM came into "cleanup the program."
You probably ought to reference credit card gate before you go into that. We don't need more of it.

You can recruit speed and good values.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
You probably ought to reference credit card gate before you go into that. We don't know more of it.

You can recruit speed and good values.
Had some damn fine ball players involved in that. I mean, even the Vatican has some loose cannons runnin around.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Had some damn fine ball players involved in that. I mean, even the Vatican has some loose cannons runnin around.
True. I just don't care in general for the idea of trying to attract athletes out of a grab bag. You get what you pay for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.