Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Is this your bandwagon?

vintage_wooden_wagon_or_cart_isolated_in_white_background_cg1p93153843c_th.jpg

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Plus, how funny would it be if Fields decided to play baseball and left the leg humpers out to dry? Especially if Eason said “screw this, I’m out” before the MLB draft. They’d go from a monster qb room to a scary thin one.
We can only hope.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
This staff is well put together, except maybe TE and ST and I agree with you being worried about both. Hopefully it will be a team effort to improve STs.

At TE and ST we’ve replaced Nord.

The TEs were almost invisible last year. Goolsby regressed. No one improved. Knox or Seider may be new to coaching TE’s, but they have to be better and we’ve got some promising young players.

We have to replace an A+ punter and an A+ kicker, which isn’t easy even with the brother and the top recruit stepping in, but I have little doubt our block, coverage and return games will improve.

So we will likely be better in both area and certainly better coached. But will we excel in those areas? That’s my question.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Knox is rated as 247’s nunber 41 recruiter in the country, surprisingly. They weigh a lot of factors when dictating points to recruiters. Sunseri is a top 5, top 10 recruiter in the country. Seider is at 51st, and heavesy is at 80 something. All super legit scores seeing how there were 9 coaches per staff leading up to this year.

I do think Heavesy will help with TE blocking like you said, and Knox has a lot of experience coaching WRs. So the catching and route running aspect is there.

Agree with Special teams. We have Johnny Townsends younger brother for punting, and Mcpherson who is dynamite for kick off and field goals. Coverage is a huge question mark but im going to sit back and see before judging. I have no idea how that will shape up but I really hope we bring that Urban Meyer level of aggression on blocks and coverage. We desperately need all three phases to be in sync to beat Georgia and Bama on an every year basis.

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
#5 in sec is close to what.....#15 in the nation? Were there a lot of top 15 coaches just walking around looking for jobs that I didn't know about?

You can make a run at coaches who already have jobs. Just like we did with Dan Mullen.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Knox is rated as 247’s nunber 41 recruiter in the country, surprisingly. They weigh a lot of factors when dictating points to recruiters. Sunseri is a top 5, top 10 recruiter in the country. Seider is at 51st, and heavesy is at 80 something. All super legit scores seeing how there were 9 coaches per staff leading up to this year.
Thats pretty much the same as hiring a staff full of geographic school Sunbelt shyt like Butterteeth did, right?

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
That's my point. Name a top 15 coach you were wanting to make a run at.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Gatorchatter mobile app

Well I wouldn’t place him in the top 15 at the moment (I think he would get there in no time) but I wanted Frost. As far as a top 15 coach at the moment.. you could take your pick. Dumbo Fish got 75 million so anything is possible. I would love to bring Urban back but you will probably say that wouldn’t happen (I think it would at the right price). James Franklin, Chris Peterson, and David Shaw also should have been given a call. I don’t want this to sound like I think Mullen will fail, he is surprising me right now, but I think better coaches were out there.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You still trying to pimp the sunbelt shyt?

If Im at the point of skimming past your stuff, I know the rest of the board is.

Let it go.... let it go....

Last edited:

Woodroe

Sir Knowitall
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
I would love to bring Urban back but you will probably say that wouldn’t happen (I think it would at the right price).

It could happen. Flash the right money or women or men (who knows) and that sell out would make up some bs and go anywhere.

I wouldn't take him back if he and mcelwain were the only coaches left on the face of the earth.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Gatorchatter mobile app

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I guess the next yard stick will be Feb signings. Considering the momentum we seem to have, and it would appear the Will Miles article bears it out, it should be a good transition class. Putting staff and team pieces together by spring ball will be the next challenge so we can start to see a product. I'm more optimistic than not and I'm not sure completely why. Part of it is I REALLY want to be because I'm tired of crap and incompetence. Plus, nothing so far has been a huge red flag. The signs point to improvement and progression. I believe Mullen's past stint here and familiarity with UF have been a big help. He was a winning and championship Gator, can't take that away from him. Gives a certain amount of instant credibility on the trail and even to fans. Let's keep hoping for good things. Winning cures most things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb