Mullen officially signs six-year, $36.6 million deal at UF

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Jesus Christ what a stretch. What would you be saying when we hire a losing NFL coach? Or an 8 win coach with 3 6 win seasons from Michigan State? Or a coach with 4 win season on his record from OSU? The narrative would still be identical. No situation is the same. And given a bigger platform to perform and succeed has the ability to yield different results. To say Mullen, at a historical and factual loser program for 100 plus years, during the height of sabans tour at Alabama, where he took that program to historical heights, can’t come to Florida, with a larger talent base, can’t yield different results, well I don’t know what to tell you.
Just an example, Jim mora in ATL, was the same Jim mora at Ucla. Also you like to point how great Mullen did at msu. Here's Toledo, LSU and MSU before Saban showed up:

5 years at before at each school:
Toledo:

26-28-1. Saban coaches one year. 9-2 Co Mac champs

MSU

27-28-1. Saban went 34-24-1. Beat SOS. 9-12 vs top 25. 6-6 vs top 10. 3-3 vs top 5.

LSU:

33-24-1. LSU last 2 years before Saban 7-15. 2 years in he wins the sugar bowl and Co-SECW champs. 7-4 vs top 25.

The same recruiting and game management issues that we've Harped on about Mullen have followed him here.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
No he didn't. He built his resume on cupcakes. Jackie Sherrill did the exact same thing. Sherrill at least beat ranked teams. The lonly reason why you think he did is because he is the HC now
He beat 7 of them. 3 were top 10. Please show me the point spread, and which games over his time at MSU where he was favored to win. Just about every victory was an upset. I’m blown away at how some of you think he should have somehow made shyt hole MSU into Oklahoma or Ohio State. It’s the Vandy of the West. And it will always be. Any kind of winning there is impressive to me.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Just an example, Jim mora in ATL, was the same Jim mora at Ucla. Also you like to point how great Mullen did at msu. Here's Toledo, LSU and MSU before Saban showed up:

5 years at before at each school:
Toledo:

26-28-1. Saban coaches one year. 9-2 Co Mac champs

MSU

27-28-1. Saban went 34-24-1. Beat SOS. 9-12 vs top 25. 6-6 vs top 10. 3-3 vs top 5.

LSU:

33-24-1. LSU last 2 years before Saban 7-15. 2 years in he wins the sugar bowl and Co-SECW champs. 7-4 vs top 25.

The same recruiting and game management issues that we've Harped on about Mullen have followed him here.
3 ****ING GAMES. Are you literally. I swear to god you’re going to give me cancer. Shut down the damn program then. My god this is embarrassing.

Saban was abysmal at MSU and was given a chance to succeed at LSU which he did. Thank the dear lord he didn’t get fired because a few ass hats on a message board couldn’t help nut over the prospect of their own program failing.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
The funniest part is you’re showing me his total numbers and not his first year number. Where he lost to UAB. At LSU. This board would have fired him after one game. We would have Dougie and Omar showing us his record at MSU and how there’s no chance on planet earth he could ever get better. We’d have Swonkey fist deep in a bottle of lube and a fifth of jack beating off to the thought of another coaching search. No chance in hell, moving to a team in a talent rich state with a marginally better football history and a want to be successful, would he ever be successful. Nope. No way.

The first job any of us take in life should be the only job because we simply can’t improve. Oh wait.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
3 ****ING GAMES. Are you literally. I swear to god you’re going to give me cancer. Shut down the damn program then. My god this is embarrassing.

Saban was abysmal at MSU and was given a chance to succeed at LSU which he did. Thank the dear lord he didn’t get fired because a few ass hats on a message board couldn’t help nut over the prospect of their own program failing.

No he wasn't. He reached their ceiling. Mullen beat nobody. He's also coached in pure Mullen fashion by dropping the UK game. Something not even WM or Mac managed to do and is also recruiting worse than Mac

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
The funniest part is you’re showing me his total numbers and not his first year number. Where he lost to UAB. At LSU. This board would have fired him after one game. We would have Dougie and Omar showing us his record at MSU and how there’s no chance on planet earth he could ever get better. We’d have Swonkey fist deep in a bottle of lube and a fifth of jack beating off to the thought of another coaching search. No chance in hell, moving to a team in a talent rich state with a marginally better football history and a want to be successful, would he ever be successful. Nope. No way.

The first job any of us take in life should be the only job because we simply can’t improve. Oh wait.
Yes he lost to uab who went 7-4, he then beat #11 Tennessee the next week. Finished the year 3-2 vs the top 25. Mullen ain't doing that

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
No he wasn't. He reached their ceiling. Mullen beat nobody. He's also coached in pure Mullen fashion by dropping the UK game. Something not even WM or Mac managed to do and is also recruiting worse than Mac
:facepalm:

So Mississippi states ceiling is what? National titles? You’re just making stuff up

Michigan State just went to the playoff and won the big 10 championship 3 seasons ago . So no, what Saban did was not their ceiling.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:facepalm:

So Mississippi states ceiling is what? National titles? You’re just making stuff up

Michigan State just went to the playoff and won the big 10 championship 3 seasons ago . So no, what Saban did was not their ceiling.
Go away dork.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm actually just taking some pity on him.

He is going to be suicidal by the end of October. I love him to much and don't want him taking the easy way out.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
I'm actually just taking some pity on him.

He is going to be suicidal by the end of October. I love him to much and don't want him taking the easy way out.
Whatever. So who were you saying we should have taken in lieu of Mullen back then?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Whatever. So who were you saying we should have taken in lieu of Mullen back then?
I've already done this. I'm not doing it again.

You've been trying and I appreciate it, I really do. Being funny doesn't come easy for you but you are a much better poster these days.

But the truth is this bores me.

It's Vole week and Id much rather try to find Luther Vogle Making Love to a Tinerc Vol.

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
2 teams in the west that year finished with 5 wins, one with 4 wins, one with 8, and one with 9 wins, and that was Ole Miss. there’s a slim to no chance Mullen gets that easy of a conference slate next year.

I guess Saban was just lucky. You're funny.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It wouldn’t matter if he did what you’re dictating, you’d just ***** about his visor being to big or some other stupid imaginary thing to be unhappy with.

What the heck are you babbling about. I'm not the one bringing Saban into this. Which is laughable. I said I'm wait and see on Mullen. But don't act all surprised when he loses to Kentucky after going 33-39 in the SEC prior to UF. I know I know...it's the last guy's fault which is now the THIRD time in three coaches we are starting with that excuse. I've seen this all before. Oh well.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
He beat 7 of them. 3 were top 10. Please show me the point spread, and which games over his time at MSU where he was favored to win. Just about every victory was an upset. I’m blown away at how some of you think he should have somehow made shyt hole MSU into Oklahoma or Ohio State. It’s the Vandy of the West. And it will always be. Any kind of winning there is impressive to me.

Mullen and Mississippi State went 7-34 against ranked opponents. Take out Bama and it's still 7-25. That still sucks. We won't mention his historical AP record of 2-17 vs ranked teams while ranked. It's the worst in AP history. He sounds like a real gamer to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator