Mullen on Georgia’s recruiting success

Discussion in 'Main Sports Forum' started by GatorJ, Feb 8, 2018.

1. NVGator

NVGator Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $765
    Ratings:
    +4,590 / -102
    Truth hurts bro. It's been a long time since UGA has owned us for years and years. Kirby's got them rolling and Mullen ain't the savior.

My guess is Swamp Donkey loves him some Grantham.

2. Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey 98.2% sarcasm 1.8% full of shyt
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $6,129
    Ratings:
    +29,175 / -625
    :boom:

3. NVAGATOR86

NVAGATOR86 Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $40
    Ratings:
    +34 / -0
    Like a lot of us I was very surprised to see the smack talk from Coach Mullen. I am also usually in the camp of don't say anything until you start winning. But I can understand what the Coach is doing in establishing a new attitude. After laid back Mac we need to get some swagger back and my guess is that the HBC is and will continue to be Mullen's "consigliere" when it comes to all things UGA. Looking back to the bad old 70s and 80s the Dogs owned us and 15 -4 from 71 to 90. As we know that all changed in 90 and since then we are 21 up and only 7 down.

I agree with Coach Mullen that we don't need to fear Georgia and that one very good year does not make them a dynasty.

Kirby Smart is a good coach and I was impressed with how he and his coaches adjusted in the big games against Auburn and Oklahoma. However I am confident that we can match them with our new staff, and can play with them this year and beyond. They man handled us last year and in all phases of the game and with our focus on strength and conditioning I don't see that happening again.

So for me I am ok with the smack talk for now. But as always , we can talk the talk but can we walk the walk?

We will know soon enough.

4. Swamp Donkey

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $6,129
    Ratings:
    +29,175 / -625
    You mean one of the two games vs Awbarn?

5. rogdochar

rogdochar Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,279
    Ratings:
    +7,552 / -36
    Remember, there is a growing list of veterinarians (started in the UK) who petitioned the American Kennel Club to "de-sanction" the breed of Ugga's lineage, due to those bulldogs having so many torturous deformities. It is considered inhumane to breed them. The University of Georgia belongs to the Inhumane Society.

6. NVAGATOR86

NVAGATOR86 Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $40
    Ratings:
    +34 / -0
    Yep

In the second game I thought they did a very good job in making adjustments especially on defense. Johnson for the Tigers not at 100% was a big deal , but I still thought Kirby and his boys out coached Gus and his crew.

7. Buckman2000

Buckman2000 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $105
    Ratings:
    +247 / -4
    The Kirby from 2016 is the real Kirby...an 8-9 win coach. He had, in my opinion a more talented QB in 2016 than in 2017. The difference was Chubb was injured yet again In 2016. Kirby walked in to a team full of 4 and 5 star talent so excuse me if I don’t kneel before a middle age coach with the middle school haircut. It pains me that the goober wears a visor.

I love the statement that they blasted us this year. Much like 2004, they beat a Gator team that had a lame duck coach. Congrats! Sure Mullen may not be the answer, but I like his approach of “F@CK Georgia” then the oh they’re a great team why should we bother to show up approach that Mantequillas had. It seems like some people on the board may still have this attitude. In closing F@CK Georgia!! Go Gators!

8. ufgator2002

ufgator2002 Bleeds Orange and Blue

Oxbucks:
    $68
    Ratings:
    +378 / -18
    :nutswinger::nutswinger::spank::spank:

9. Omar's Coming Yo!

Omar's Coming Yo! Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $44
    Ratings:
    +386 / -119
    Stating reality isn't nut hugging.

10. Swamp Donkey

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $6,129
    Ratings:
    +29,175 / -625
    And the first game? Howd they do?

How about that prevent offense in the NCG?

BTW they just graduated 31 seniors and all their offense. We will see what the guy (with two All SEC backs and a good but freshmam QB) who lost to Butters in 2016 does.

He has already shown a whole bunch of stupid.

#50 Swamp Donkey, Feb 10, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  11. Swamp Donkey

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $6,129
    Ratings:
    +29,175 / -625
    Youre way past nuthuggin. You are a swordswallower and you do it with a smile.

#51 Swamp Donkey, Feb 10, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  12. gatormandan

gatormandan On our way back!
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $854
    Ratings:
    +5,385 / -166
    I like the new and energized donk.

13. Cozumel Gator

Cozumel Gator Living in paradise, streaming all games
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $4
    Ratings:
    +34 / -0
    I will not say disparaging things about our new coach. I hope that each time we have the ball there is a chance we will get a first down and maybe score some points. The past two coaches removed that hope from me. I want our Gators to be competitive and never give up during a game. Some of you may burn me at the steak, but I am ready.

14. Swamp Donkey

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $6,129
    Ratings:
    +29,175 / -625
    I hate burned steak.

15. Sundaysunday

Sundaysunday Member

Oxbucks:
    $144
    Ratings:
    +439 / -17
    I understand you are playing devils advocate but what positive things do you think Mullen has done thus far? After all Omar on The Wire didn't just knock everything down in front of him.

16. AugustaGator

AugustaGator Junior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $662
    Ratings:
    +3,472 / -53
    We all need these.

[​IMG]

17. Swamp Donkey

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $6,129
    Ratings:
    +29,175 / -625
    I bet Willy Urkel has a pair of those.

18. Theologator

Theologator Enchanter

Oxbucks:
    $865
    Ratings:
    +1,687 / -18
    Mullen was pumping up the boosters. To pursue the excellence we all want to see in facilities, staffing etc., to fill the Swamp he needs to keep up his momentum.

Of course he needs to back it up. But I like that he’s brash in the right way. I like the tone he’s setting. It’s a lot better than:

Muschamp: intense but hostile toward letting the media and fans in on the build. A real bunker mentality.

Mac - Aw shucks, just happy to be here and I’ve got this.

Meyer came in with a superb resume that inspired confidence in his program. Spurrier did the seemingly impossible in winning an ACC (even though it was the old ACC pre-FSU etc.) at Duke and was the favorite son returning to fulfill our dreams (which he did.) Mullen comes in with a history of excellence here and having done about much as anyone (Sherrill included, Donk) could at MSU.

Come on Gators, get up and go!

19. itsgr82bag8r

itsgr82bag8r Political Forum Fire Starter
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $643
    Ratings:
    +6,858 / -41
    Yes.

20. itsgr82bag8r

itsgr82bag8r Political Forum Fire Starter
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $643
    Ratings:
    +6,858 / -41
    So was Mac if you’re going to compare. Utah isn’t > CSU.