Mullen putting an emphasis on having “athletes”

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Trey holds the UF record for the most TDS in one game. And he plays for the Eagles. That’s pretty damn elite if you ask me.

I guess it depends how you define elite. Burton had moments, but I don't view him in the same light as Tebow, Harvin, etc... Very good player, but I wouldn't call him elite. Maybe just semantics.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Burton UNDRAFTED to Super Bowl CHAMP and THREW a TD pass in what was a pivotal play in the game. I swear some of ya'll DUMP on anyone. Why can't you just be happy for the guy and be PROUD cause he is a GATOR?! or do you just not like the Gators??

Who is bashing him? It is like some people say that saying somebody is very good and valuable, but not elite is saying they suck.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Trey holds the UF record for the most TDS in one game.
Trey had one good game bc Kintucky's defense practiced expecting John Brantley. Obviously, they ignored the QB keep and set their defense to collapse on the back. Trey hadn't played much yet. They apparently didn't have any alternative game plans drawn up.

We're talking about Kintucky after all. The team that didn't play Cornebacks for two redzone defense attempts against Butters.

Burton didn't sniff All SEC honorable mention. He is far from elite.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Trey had one good game bc Kintucky's defense practiced expecting John Brantley. Obviously, they ignored the QB keep and set their defense to collapse on the back. Trey hadn't played much yet. They apparently didn't have any alternative game plans drawn up.

We're talking about Kintucky after all. The team that didn't play Cornebacks for two redzone defense attempts against Butters.

Burton didn't sniff All SEC honorable mention. He is far from elite.

He was part of the SEC ALL freshman team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator