Mullen removing SEC East champ sign

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Mac's tenure is like an infected boil on my a$$. I can assure you I will never forget his time here and I will be sure to pass it along to my kids like my parents did with the 0-10-1 season. Unfortunately, no one will forget that yellow-toothed doosh.
Mac and Muschamp were both busts. The difference is Muschamp tried. Mac didn't Coach 'em up and didn't recruit. Didn't even try to.

Mac should never get a job again, be it football or flipping burgers.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Meanwhile, the Voles are putting up “Life Champions 2017” in Knoxville.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
in before the posters that told us "east champs" was a real thing and we should be grateful start celebrating the fake banners coming down...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
in before the posters that told us "east champs" was a real thing and we should be grateful start celebrating the fake banners coming down...

There's a group of posters that will never admit to this. I'm totally fine with Mullen doing it.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
SECond place just means you're the first loser. I like what Mullen is doing especially after having a coach that has been MIA the last 2.5 seasons.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Well I am ok with this, particularly taking down the ones where UF really did not win the East as some other team went to the SEC Championship game.

However, I will point out to you that part of this is that NO coach wants up on the wall SEC East Champs 2015 and 2016, until he has done something himself. Sure McElwain won those in a very weak SEC East but while I personally doubt it, UGa might be good enough to block Mullen's teams for a while.

If UF wins the SEC East in 2018, but not the conference, I will be curious to see if those East titles go back up.
NO....they won't.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If UF wins the SEC East in 2018, but not the conference, I will be curious to see if those East titles go back up.

Mullen is going on record saying there's nothing up about winning just the East. No Bristol Motor Speedway confetti-rain for The University of Florida.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
As part of the contingent that wasn't a fan of the Mullen hire, it seems he's doing at least one thing a week to make me more amicable to the situation. This is a big win. BUT, my list doesn't change. He needs to beat FSU, win the East, and be competitive in Atlanta for any recognition. But this is a big win.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Glad to see Mullen having them take down those joke SEC East Champion signs. That was just another embarrassment associated with Mac. That is crap that should be reserved for teams like Vandy, KY and South Carolina.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
This story made me extremely happy when I read it this morning. It feels great to know that we once again have a coach who truly understands the expectations of his position, and openly embraces the challenge. Muschamp always made it out like he had a plan that was somehow going to work if the right pieces fell in place - but he never realized that one major piece would never fit: him. And Mac was an on-the-spectrum retard who was happy to finally be rich enough to buy a lifetime's supply of peanut butter. Other than that, he had no clue as to why he was even here.

We finally have a coach who knows what's up. Results ultimately matter most, but no one can deny the effort so far.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
However, I will point out to you that part of this is that NO coach wants up on the wall SEC East Champs 2015 and 2016, until he has done something himself. Sure McElwain won those in a very weak SEC East but while I personally doubt it, UGa might be good enough to block Mullen's teams for a while.

I hear what you're saying and get your point, but they aren't taking down SEC champs or NC champs, just the East I think your point falls flat about a coach not wanting something up until he has done something himself. It's more a reflection that Mac won two East titles and was sent packing because that is NOT what this program expects or celebrates. I don't think Mullen would want a pat on the back for winning the East knowing it got his predecessor fired...he wants to deliver more. He knows he has to.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

I did my best to say that there were six other teams wishing they could have won the East (most notably TN). I was there, saying it was an accomplishment. I was wrong, and am in full agreement with this move of taking down such banners.

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
The worst part of it was putting 03 and 12 up there when we didn't even go to Atlanta, everyone who saw that pointed at it and laughed.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
East Champs was a low blow, we're way beyond that. It's a step above (barely) the State Champion rings given out by you know who.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb