Mullen tours Clemson football complex

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This is a good thing. He needs to see what others are doing so he can compete.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We are spending A LOT of money.... on baseball ($50 mil) and softball.
And basketball. ($70 mil)

The only number Ive seen for football is $17mil.

We need to clean the rest of the shyt out of the athletic dept office. Little Foleys everywhere still.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
We are spending A LOT of money.... on baseball ($50 mil) and softball.
And basketball. ($70 mil)

We need to clean the rest of the shyt out of the athletic dept office. Little Foleys everywhere still.

That's a sure fire path to success, spending money on $hit that loses money instead of maxing out your cash cow first. :headslap:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

I've seen the same number. The numbers I saw for for Clemson's facility is 55 million. The numbers being throw around for FSU's is between 75-85 million. It isn't clear if that is for football only or their entire project like UF's. The 2 articles I read implied that is the estimated cost of the football facility. scUM's seems to be around 35 million. Meanwhile, we'll be spending 17 million. :headslap:

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
If you are going to compete in today's environment you have to go head to head in the arms race with the Alabamas and the Clemsons. You have to do that. But I hate what has happened to college football. It's all a money game now.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Lets hope that Mullen visiting this place gives him some data points to push for a higher budget.

Didn't we bring Steve in to do some fundraising... isn't Stricklin supposed to be a great fundraiser.. time to get to work boys! Go get some $$$

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lets hope that Mullen visiting this place gives him some data points to push for a higher budget.

Didn't we bring Steve in to do some fundraising... isn't Stricklin supposed to be a great fundraiser.. time to get to work boys! Go get some $$$
Football brings in $100-135mi per year. The money is already there, unless the irrelevent sports have stolen it all.

I am just SO SHOCKED that the greatest AD of all-time didnt get the SEC commish or any of the others he applied for (USA, big 12).

HE IS THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!!!

Last edited:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Every time I read this I get pissed again about the money they are wasting on baseball. The Stadium is way more than adequate since it's always mostly empty. Give it a face-lift and be done with it. I know, they want to move it for the all in one FB facility location but I've seen other plans that would work as well and don't require wasting 50 million dollars and years of delay while we fall farther behind.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Football brings in $100-135mi per year. The money is already there, unless the irrelevent sports have stolen it all.

I am just SO SHOCKED that the greatest AD of all-time didnt get the SEC commish or any of the others he applied for (USA, big 12).

HE IS THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!!!

I don't have access, time or interest in looking at the athletic department budget to see how much "profit" is left after the revenue comes in, but I figure the more money they raise the more they can/will spend.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That's a sure fire path to success, spending money on $hit that loses money instead of maxing out your cash cow first. :headslap:

UF has one of the richest $, most profitable athletic depts in the nation -- so where's the tight funnel on expenditures that will advance UF football. So advance it.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I say we one-up their mini-golf course and put in a scooter racing track.

We don't even have room for 2 complete outdoor practice fields....move track and field to SW Rec....much easier, faster and cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator