Mullens First Bad Decision

BluH2OGtr

May 28, 2016
He has made some pretty good ones, I guess he is do for a crappy one.....

upload_2018-1-9_20-20-3.png

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I haven't seen Seider's WVU bio, but 247 says he coached RB's and TE's while he was there.

Knox apparently has not ever coached TE's, so making this move makes sense.

Also, Mullen knows Knox better than he knows Seider. He's the head coach and it's his team. I understand the move/change.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Yeah that is odd, but at least Seider is still on staff. Plus he is an instant upgrade from Nord.

Last edited:

BluH2OGtr

May 28, 2016
I haven't seen Seider's WVU bio, but 247 says he coached RB's and TE's while he was there.

Knox apparently has not ever coached TE's, so making this move makes sense.

Also, Mullen knows Knox better than he knows Seider. He's the head coach and it's his team. I understand the move/change.
I know its Mullen's team....but we all saw what Seider did with the backs last year. WTF did Knox do....did MSU even have RBs? I thought Fitzgerald was the ground game?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I know its Mullen's team....but we all saw what Seider did with the backs last year. WTF did Knox do....did MSU even have RBs? I thought Fitzgerald was the ground game?

I'm not overly familiar w/ MSU, but here's a SDS article from today listing the top 10 returning RB's in the SEC next year....and Miss State's RB Aeris Williams is ranked the 3rd best (according to this article)....and fwiw, there are no UF RB's on the list:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/way-early-look-top-running-backs-sec-2018/

3) Aeris Williams, Mississippi State
It’ll be a year of transition for the Bulldogs with Joe Moorhead taking over as head coach, but there will be familiarity as quarterback Nick Fitzgerald returns from injury and Williams rejoins him in the backfield for a productive one-two punch on the ground.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Not sure how anyone can say this is a "bad" decision until games have been played and the results are in. I guess some people will find something to complain about if they look hard enough.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
First, we’ll need to scour milk cartons for clues as to where our TE’s are...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure how anyone can say this is a "bad" decision until games have been played and the results are in. I guess some people will find something to complain about if they look hard enough.
He does say "first" so I don't think he's been looking hard. It's just commentary nothing more.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

I agree Chomp, and I am one of the few still who hates that Cousin Eddie was hired. I can't financially be on board, but I will judge over time. Not based on some silly recruiting rankings, but by what I see on the field!. I am also not all agog about the entire staff. I think some of the guys are not good assistant coaches, but time will tell. I know nothing about Knox or Robinson, so I can't say. Though we can all have our opinions, I suggest that you reserve the right to change based on the eyeball test. Don't forget, Butters went to the SECCG 2 years in a row with a product on the field that stunk out loud!

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not overly familiar w/ MSU, but here's a SDS article from today listing the top 10 returning RB's in the SEC next year....and Miss State's RB Aeris Williams is ranked the 3rd best (according to this article)....and fwiw, there are no UF RB's on the list:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/way-early-look-top-running-backs-sec-2018/

3) Aeris Williams, Mississippi State
It’ll be a year of transition for the Bulldogs with Joe Moorhead taking over as head coach, but there will be familiarity as quarterback Nick Fitzgerald returns from injury and Williams rejoins him in the backfield for a productive one-two punch on the ground.
Everything at msu sucks just repeat that mantra

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I also believe that this move is a mistake.

Seider was not only the best recruiter on the staff but his position group performed as well, if not better, than any other group on the team.
So........if you are really good, then we must change what you are doing.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
First, we’ll need to scour milk cartons for clues as to where our TE’s are...
:lol2:......to be honest Goolsby was very good at catching 1 yard passes on 3rd down.....when we needed 7.....My only problem with him was when he did a Stevie Wonder impersonation on all of his blocking assignments....
Look in modern CFB you either have TE's and use them or you don't and work around it offensively by spreading your formations....I'm not seeing this as a productive change...as someone else said RB's were probably the best position on the team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb