Mullen's record.....and his wife rips Gainesville

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
She loves mediocrity. Explains why she is married to Dan

Hilarious that wifie wants everybody in Starkville to believe that anybody in Gainesville knows what an assistant coach's wife even looks like, or cares if they did. Had to divert to Orlando to go grocery shopping? Oh puh-leeze. :violin:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
When the Gators were on their hottest run with the most beloved & iconic player in team history, perhaps the greatest college player of all time, leading them - his position coach wasn’t very popular. ‘Nuff said.

Mullen: No!
Kelly: Hell no!
Kiffin: #%*&@!!!!!!!! NO!

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
When the Gators were on their hottest run with the most beloved & iconic player in team history, perhaps the greatest college player of all time, leading them - his position coach wasn’t very popular. ‘Nuff said.

Yep, Tebow could have been successful with anyone calling Urban's schemes. I'm glad I've seen the Kiffin thing. I feel the same way, but my buddy who used to be part of the Gator Media brought him up yesterday. I wouldn't mind Kelly though.

In my mind, it should be Frost or Kelly, then if those don't work throw money at Fuentes, if that doesn't work, then Norvell (his offenses have been great), then Campbell (ranked here for buyout purposes), and then if all else fails, Strong before we consider Mullen. I think he would be fine here, he's shown he can have good offenses. Just my opinion though. If I am missing a stopgap coach before Strong let me know.

I think nothing would divide the fan base more than a Mullen hire.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

Who was Wuerffel's position coach? I thought it was Spurrier? Hardly not very popular among UF fans.

Last edited:

amber1

Sep 1, 2017
Probably not a good move for Mullen, as for him it would be a lateral move, WITHOUT the worries of pleasing the wife, and uncertainty. Can't blame the guy for liking peace in his life/

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Probably not a good move for Mullen, as for him it would be a lateral move, WITHOUT the worries of pleasing the wife, and uncertainty. Can't blame the guy for liking peace in his life/
So you think MSU to Florida is a "lateral" move or are you just quoting the dumbass?

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The UF kitchen is a little too hot for the bi!ch, keep picking thel ow hanging fruit sweetheart.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Who was Wuerffel's position coach? I thought it was Spurrier? Hardly not very popular among UF fans.

But you know I was referring to Tebow & 2 NCs in 3 years. 1993-96 was also an incredible run and we can certainly weigh the joys of 4 SECs & the first NC vs. 2 SECs and 2 NCs. What a great thing to ponder! But it isn’t an argument, can’t pit Danny vs. Tebow. Danny is Tebow’s hero.

I do think Tebow is the greatest college player I’ve ever seen.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
From another site, not that Mullen is a possibility.

Former Florida assistant Dan Mullen’s wife discusses difficulty of coaching in Gainesville
By Jake Rill SEC Country staff
October 30, 2017
Before Dan Mullen became Mississippi State’s head coach prior to the 2009 season, he served four years as offensive coordinator at Florida from 2005-08.

Therefore, Mullen knows exactly how high the expectations are from Gators fans for their team to perform well. And so does Mullen’s wife, Megan.

In an interview posted by Mississippi State Athletics back in August, Megan Mullen shared how difficult it was to live in Gainesville with those expectations for the Gators to succeed being so high.

“The former school where we were at before, we won championships there, won practically every single game we played for four years there,” Megan Mullen said. “It wasn’t if we won or lost. It was if we didn’t score 43 points or more, I was going to the grocery store in Orlando where I worked with the Golf Channel and I was driving the groceries back to Gainesville, because it was that bad.”

Mullen has been a name rumored by some to be considered for the Florida head coach position that was just vacated with the departure of Jim McElwain on Sunday. It would make sense that he would be a candidate, as Gators athletic director Scott Stricklin previously worked at Mississippi State while Mullen was the Bulldogs’ coach.

But would Mullen’s wife want to return to Gainesville, and could that affect Mullen’s decision if he is offered the position? Time will tell how this all plays out.

Comment as you desire. I don't want Dan, and I suspect he is happy where he is and is not interested.

Thanks for the merge, I either did not see this thread or forgot. Great moderating.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

Former Florida assistant Dan Mullen’s wife discusses difficulty of coaching in Gainesville
October 30, 2017
Before Dan Mullen became Mississippi State’s head coach prior to the 2009 season, he served four years as offensive coordinator at Florida from 2005-08.

Therefore, Mullen knows exactly how high the expectations are from Gators fans for their team to perform well. And so does Mullen’s wife, Megan.

In an interview posted by Mississippi State Athletics back in August, Megan Mullen shared how difficult it was to live in Gainesville with those expectations for the Gators to succeed being so high.

“The former school where we were at before, we won championships there, won practically every single game we played for four years there,” Megan Mullen said. “It wasn’t if we won or lost. It was if we didn’t score 43 points or more, I was going to the grocery store in Orlando where I worked with the Golf Channel and I was driving the groceries back to Gainesville, because it was that bad.”

Mullen has been a name rumored by some to be considered for the Florida head coach position that was just vacated with the departure of Jim McElwain on Sunday. It would make sense that he would be a candidate, as Gators athletic director Scott Stricklin previously worked at Mississippi State while Mullen was the Bulldogs’ coach.

But would Mullen’s wife want to return to Gainesville, and could that affect Mullen’s decision if he is offered the position? Time will tell how this all plays out.

Comment as you desire. I don't want Dan, and I suspect he is happy where he is and is not interested.

tenor.gif

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

October 30, 2017

2577d3022e127d.gif

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
But you know I was referring to Tebow & 2 NCs in 3 years. 1993-96 was also an incredible run and we can certainly weigh the joys of 4 SECs & the first NC vs. 2 SECs and 2 NCs. What a great thing to ponder! But it isn’t an argument, can’t pit Danny vs. Tebow. Danny is Tebow’s hero.

I do think Tebow is the greatest college player I’ve ever seen.

If the BCS was set up during Wuefell's time like it was during Tebow's time, how many NC's would Wuerfel or Spurrier for that matter play for?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
If the BCS was set up during Wuefell's time like it was during Tebow's time, how many NC's would Wuerfel or Spurrier for that matter play for?

UF had a tougher row to hoe in those days so. And the BCS was set up during Wuerffel's time and he led UF to the first to championship games. Now if you mean had the playoff been expanded to four teams in 1993, would UF have also made the playoffs in 1993 and 1994, that is hard to know.

In 1993 it may well have come down to unbeat UWVa and UF. UF of course blew them out in the Sugar Bowl. The SEC champs were UF, the ACC champs were FSU, the Big 12 champs were UNL, and UND probably gets in at 10-1. Here is a link and you probably want to look at the December rankings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_NCAA_Division_I-A_football_rankings

In 1994 is similar though UF would not have been competing with a weak but unbeaten team as it was the year before:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994_NCAA_Division_I-A_football_rankings

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
UF had a tougher row to hoe in those days so. And the BCS was set up during Wuerffel's time and he led UF to the first to championship games. Now if you mean had the playoff been expanded to four teams in 1993, would UF have also made the playoffs in 1993 and 1994, that is hard to know.

In 1993 it may well have come down to unbeat UWVa and UF. UF of course blew them out in the Sugar Bowl. The SEC champs were UF, the ACC champs were FSU, the Big 12 champs were UNL, and UND probably gets in at 10-1. Here is a link and you probably want to look at the December rankings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_NCAA_Division_I-A_football_rankings

In 1994 is similar though UF would not have been competing with a weak but unbeaten team as it was the year before:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994_NCAA_Division_I-A_football_rankings

The BCS as it was in the mid 00's was different than what was set up in the 90's. In the early nineties it was the Bowl Coalition ('92-94), then the Bowl Alliance ('95-97), followed by the BCS (98-2014). The BCS also had a different standard of selection. Which is why I specifically said the BCS of Tebow's era.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator