Mullinz vs Daz

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
True. I have also seen some poster coaches discussing things at very advanced levels.
There are a few posters here that either have or could coach at high school level. (No, I dont fancy myself even close to being a midget league coach.)

There are MANY who know more than say Droolie and Andreu. Frankly I'm confused how they've been on the job this long and haven't picked up anything.

It's pretty easy to diagnose what's wrong. I don't know much about baseball. However, I can tell when if the pitcher hangs off speed stuff then it gets hit over the fence. That's easy enough to gripe about. If I knew how to change his delivery and fix the pitching motion, then I would be making millions. Thats the hard stuff.

Football's the same way.

Last edited:

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Years ago a friend asked me to be an assistant little league coach and I told him I was clueless. He said he was sure I could do it so I said ok. A week in, he quit. The parents insisted I take over. I told them I was clueless. They insisted. I accepted. We won the division. How? I couldn't begin to tell you.

Note to self: dan is a sucker that falls for the oldest trick in the book.

Noted. :lol:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
There are a few posters here that either have or could coach at high school level.
You couldn't pay me enough to coach anyone under the age of 30 these days.....Back when I played if one of the coaches hollered "Jesus f vcking Christ" half the team turned around and looked thinking they were being called out and when one of the coaches hollered "God Damnit you duma$$" the other half would start running laps....these p vssy kids today would be looking for a safe space if they saw a guy like me completely lose his sh!t while having a temper tantrum......

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, if it weren't for the pussies who made the pussies the pussies they are.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Never played the game and I certainly can’t coach. I have however been a rabid football fan for close to 50 years and I can tell when I’m watching good football or a complete cluster. It’s been a cluster for years. I have no ability to diagnose why, so I always place blame at the foot of the coach. After all, I think I read somewhere on this board that when you’re the boss, you deserve all the credit and all the blame for whatever happens during your watch.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You couldn't pay me enough to coach anyone under the age of 30 these days.....Back when I played if one of the coaches hollered "Jesus f vcking Christ" half the team turned around and looked thinking they were being called out and when one of the coaches hollered "God Damnit you duma$$" the other half would start running laps....these p vssy kids today would be looking for a safe space if they saw a guy like me completely lose his sh!t while having a temper tantrum......
A9B9359E-C1F8-4932-8216-33C4ADCF64C6.jpeg

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
DM... I guess in the first year, my expectation is seeing if a "Team" evolves under his stewardship. One where all three units look coordinated and play off or compensate for each other at crunch times. Does my Team actually have an identity? Do a few players develop into stars? Can we squeeze out 8+ wins? Dan, I'd call that a satisfying first year for me... now year 2, the recruiting doormat image needs to be gone and the flow of new talent starts filling the roster with depth. Weird, the whole show is based on the want to of an unknown QB and whether our OLine figures out that being a little nasty is good. Go Gators!

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

Lost me when he tried to equate 5-Star Percy Hardin and 5-Star Deonte Thompson.

Percy was and is irreplaceable. That’s like UGA looking fur the next Herschel. I eye-roll every time I hear the Gator media or the coaches talking about anyone playing “the Percy position.”

And Nelson was no Murphy.

Still, I agree that Mullen leaving was one of a number of factors that made the offense less dominant. Probably affected lots of aspects including game planning. I doubt there was much of any innovation. Teams were learning how to defend Tebow a bit better.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Years ago a friend asked me to be an assistant little league coach and I told him I was clueless. He said he was sure I could do it so I said ok. A week in, he quit. The parents insisted I take over. I told them I was clueless. They insisted. I accepted. We won the division. How? I couldn't begin to tell you.

Sometimes getting the kids to play together is as important as anything.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Lost me when he tried to equate 5-Star Percy Hardin and 5-Star Deonte Thompson.

Percy was and is irreplaceable. That’s like UGA looking fur the next Herschel. I eye-roll every time I hear the Gator media or the coaches talking about anyone playing “the Percy position.”

And Nelson was no Murphy.

Still, I agree that Mullen leaving was one of a number of factors that made the offense less dominant. Probably affected lots of aspects including game planning. I doubt there was much of any innovation. Teams were learning how to defend Tebow a bit better.
My hope is Toney's legs stay injury free. He has gotten bigger. Kid does not have Percy's acceleration but Toney has top tier moves in traffic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.