Muschamp by the Numbers

JohnCoctostan

Oct 27, 2014
Let's have some fun with the numbers for Champ. If he wins out, that gives him 9 wins this year. His record would then be 31- 19, an avg of around 8 wins per season.

Remove his first because it was a transition year and it becomes 24- 13, an average of 8 wins per year.

Remove 2013 and it changes to 27-21, an avg of 9 wins per year. ( I, personally, would just adjust this number to 8 or 9 wins, since that is what most think we would have won without the injuries.)

Remove 2012 and 2013 and it is 16- 9, an average of 8 wins per year.

Conclusion is that if he wins out, we have ourselves an 8-9 win a year coach. Is that good enough at UF? Foley will have to decide.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If we beat SC and the Kentucky directional school, Mustymushroomcap will be back next year.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Foley really likes champ and I believe he didnt want to shame him by firing him mid season but I do believe he has already been informed he isnt returning next year. Its more of a respect thing to allow him to finish the season and not make him look like a total looser somehow. Foley is completely aware of the fan bases dissatisfaction and the revenue loss resulting from these last few years. While many here think Foley is clueless, he is one of the top ADs in the country and we will see him make the correct decision when the timing is right for him. We will have a new coach next year.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think the numbers tell the whole story... Muschamp just doesn't "connect" with the fan base.

If he somehow keeps his job, I think we will be damned to hearing negative comments about every decision he ever makes, that's one of the main reasons I want him gone,

ie: check any of law98's dogchump post for examples.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n101848 said:
Foley really likes champ and I believe he didnt want to shame him by firing him mid season but I do believe he has already been informed he isnt returning next year. Its more of a respect thing to allow him to finish the season and not make him look like a total looser somehow. Foley is completely aware of the fan bases dissatisfaction and the revenue loss resulting from these last few years. While many here think Foley is clueless, he is one of the top ADs in the country and we will see him make the correct decision when the timing is right for him. We will have a new coach next year.

I think you're right.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
gatormandan;n101848 said:

What scares me is this scenario:

Beat SC (highly possible, if not probable)
Beat EKU (before GSU last year, this would've been penciled in as a given)

Now... FSU. This is a rivalry game. We've seen weird stuff over the years.. the better team does NOT always win this one. What happens if somehow we pull a rabbit out of our ass and beat FSU? At that point, getting rid of the coach looks like a terrible move (finish on a 5 game winning streak, beating two top 10 teams) despite what we may think.

That... that scares me.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If Mustymushroomcap (my new favorite name for him) wins out, that means that we will have beaten the puppies convincingly, beaten the HBC Corps, beaten the #1 Team and our biggest rival in their house (No, I don't see the Fighting Mullens coming out of Tuscaloosa with a win), and won a Bowl game in the state of FL. If that all happens, he's back regardless of what "inside sources" say and I'd have to agree with the decision. He can just go to Foley and throw Driskel under the bus. All that being said, I think this is a purely academic discussion.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
biggator6;n101907 said:

Now... FSU. This is a rivalry game. We've seen weird stuff over the years.. the better team does NOT always win this one. What happens if somehow we pull a rabbit out of our ass and beat FSU? At that point, getting rid of the coach looks like a terrible move (finish on a 5 game winning streak, beating two top 10 teams) despite what we may think.

That... that scares me.

Just root for FSU, it's the thing to do! :nole:

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BoomTown;n101908 said:
If Mustymushroomcap (my new favorite name for him) wins out, that means that we will have beaten the puppies convincingly, beaten the HBC Corps, beaten the #1 Team and our biggest rival in their house (No, I don't see the Fighting Mullens coming out of Tuscaloosa with a win), and won a Bowl game in the state of FL. If that all happens, he's back regardless of what "inside sources" say and I'd have to agree with the decision. He can just go to Foley and throw Driskel under the bus. All that being said, I think this is a purely academic discussion.

Mushymenstrualcramp was pretty funny too.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
biggator6;n101907 said:

That... that scares me.

What if enlargement pills worked? They dont and we wont.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n101909 said:
Just root for FSU, it's the thing to do! :nole:

Or continue to wallow in utter misery even if we beat FSU. That also seems to be the thing to do.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
biggator6;n101907 said:

That... that scares me.

You didn't even mention the possibility that we may win the East. Oh the horror! :fear:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Alagator;n101924 said:
So you lost a few bucks on those things, huh?

:hehehe:

Untold thousands. I was 3/4" shy of the largest in the world and wanted the record....

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n101911 said:
Mushymenstrualcramp was pretty funny too.

Mine was a direct play on words of the Captain's brilliant name. Captain gets at least 80% credit for this one.

backstop13

Behind Enemy Lines
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I'm not a fan of watching this team to say the least, but I don't understand why everyone is so against the idea of bringing him back if he wins out (and I mean beating FSU too). We're a dropped pass and a terrible performance away from being a one-loss team. Granted, I don't like how limited we are on offense due to poor recruiting (no TE's outside of a transfer for example).

It's a tall order, but of the coaching candidates out there, I don't see anyone who wows me enough anyway. If muschamp learned on the job and finally got over his stubbornness to play freshman, what is the big deal? At the end of it all, W's are all that should matter.

I swear, we are an insufferable lot...myself included. I'm so torn on whether I want him gone or not. At this point I'm rambling, so i'll sign off...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator