Muschamp by the Numbers

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
backstop13;n101945 said:
I'm not a fan of watching this team to say the least, but I don't understand why everyone is so against the idea of bringing him back if he wins out (and I mean beating FSU too). We're a dropped pass and a terrible performance away from being a one-loss team. Granted, I don't like how limited we are on offense due to poor recruiting (no TE's outside of a transfer for example).

It's a tall order, but of the coaching candidates out there, I don't see anyone who wows me enough anyway. If muschamp learned on the job and finally got over his stubbornness to play freshman, what is the big deal? At the end of it all, W's are all that should matter.

I swear, we are an insufferable lot...myself included. I'm so torn on whether I want him gone or not. At this point I'm rambling, so i'll sign off...

Again the answer is simple. Our future.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm going to have to order some new cages to put people in. BoomTown and backstop13 are going to need to be studied for a while, then put on display for the general public. Only 1 in 75,000 Gator fans want to go through this again next year, and two of them are in this thread. Imagine the odds!

We're gonna get you fellas the help you need, I promise.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The Muschamp era is over based on recruiting alone. Our current class is ranked 72 (Rivals) behind Florida Atlantic. Recruits are tuning him out and once that happens it is near impossible to get them back. By the way, I'd take Florida International's class (ranked 81st) over ours. If he stays you'll get the same next year or worse. I'll say it again, the Muschamp era is over. The only question is how deep will Foley allow him to dig the hole.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n101970 said:
I'm going to have to order some new cages to put people in. BoomTown and backstop13 are going to need to be studied for a while, then put on display for the general public. Only 1 in 75,000 Gator fans want to go through this again next year, and two of them are in this thread. Imagine the odds!

You've got me on the wrong side of the fence. I said it was a purely academic conversation. As much as I will pull for the Gators to win every one of their remaining games, there's no way it happens. If by some humorous Act of God, we were to win out (including an SEC Championship), the recruiting numbers would change and I'd be okay with giving him another chance. Good thing I don't have to worry about that though.

backstop13

Behind Enemy Lines
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
oxrageous;n101970 said:

Like I said I'm not sold on keeping him I'm just torn a little because I like him as a person. I really want it to work out, but sadly, there's no way it will.

In fantasyland, I like the idea of him figuring everything out and going on to become the next great Gator coach. However, reality is that's not the case. I did a pretty poor job of explaining that, obviously.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
r162622_598088.jpg

That's BoomTown and backstop13 (with the dreads) on the far left. It's alcoholica on the right.

Just ragging on you boys. :lol:

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
backstop13;102161 said:
oxrageous;n101970 said:
I'm going to have to order some new cages to put people in. BoomTown and backstop13 are going to need to be studied for a while, then put on display for the general public. Only 1 in 75,000 Gator fans want to go through this again next year, and two of them are in this thread. Imagine the odds! We're gonna get you fellas the help you need, I promise.
Like I said I'm not sold on keeping him I'm just torn a little because I like him as a person. I really want it to work out, but sadly, there's no way it will. In fantasyland, I like the idea of him figuring everything out and going on to become the next great Gator coach. However, reality is that's not the case. I did a pretty poor job of explaining that, obviously.
If you sleep with a really "nice girl", it's worth paying her buyout to keep her quiet so your friends don't find out.

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
Averaging 8-9 wins a year with John Brantley, and Driskel is actually quiet astonishing.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n102167 said:
r162622_598088.jpg

That's BoomTown and backstop13 (with the dreads) on the far left. It's alcoholica on the right.

Just ragging on you boys. :lol:

Which one is Coach9, DC, and Deuce?

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This "turn around" only happened after he was informed he was not going to be retained. It is clear in his demeanor, it is clear in finally putting in a QB that the team has confidence in, and it is clear that Foley is happy the team is responding in a positive way as a selling point to the new coach. 8-9 wins is not acceptable for this program, the fans and the boosters. But brighter days are ahead...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
JohnCoctostan;n101824 said:
Let's have some fun with the numbers for Champ. If he wins out, that gives him 9 wins this year. His record would then be 31- 19, an avg of around 8 wins per season.

Remove his first because it was a transition year and it becomes 24- 13, an average of 8 wins per year.

Remove 2013 and it changes to 27-21, an avg of 9 wins per year. ( I, personally, would just adjust this number to 8 or 9 wins, since that is what most think we would have won without the injuries.)

Remove 2012 and 2013 and it is 16- 9, an average of 8 wins per year.

Conclusion is that if he wins out, we have ourselves an 8-9 win a year coach. Is that good enough at UF? Foley will have to decide.

Been saying this from the first season...he's an 8-4 guy. He will win some he shouldn't and lose some he shouldn't. This year is the regression to the mean. This was the year to win the East and make a play and CLEAN up in state in recruiting. He needs a lot of help to do those things.

I find it odd that he goes on a 2 game win streak and the muggles come out of hiding.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kyng;n102179 said:
Averaging 8-9 wins a year with John Brantley, and Driskel is actually quiet astonishing.

Interesting point.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Kyng;n102179 said:
Yes, and we all know the coaches had a gun to their heads forcing them to start bad quarterbacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.