Muschamp by the Numbers

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Actually, this is Muschamp by the numbers:

Currently 27 - 19 overall, versus the SEC he is 17 - 14, Versus the SEC East he is 14 - 8 with 11 of those wins against Kentucky, Tennessee and Vandy, Against the SEC West he is 3 - 6 and against what I consider major opponents he is: 0 - 2 versus Alabama , 0 - 1 versus Auburn, 1 - 3 versus LSU, 1 - 3 versus Georgia, 1 - 2 versus Missouri, 1 - 2 versus South Carolina, 1 - 2 versus halF asS U and 0 - 1 versus Miami...Even if he wins out he will still have a losing record against our major opponents and after year four he will have averaged 7.5 wins/year. This record should cost him his job - even if he wins out...

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ergator920103;102497 said:
Actually, this is Muschamp by the numbers:

Currently 27 - 19 overall, versus the SEC he is 17 - 14, Versus the SEC East he is 14 - 8 with 11 of those wins against Kentucky, Tennessee and Vandy, Against the SEC West he is 3 - 6 and against what I consider major opponents he is: 0 - 2 versus Alabama , 0 - 1 versus Auburn, 1 - 3 versus LSU, 1 - 3 versus Georgia, 1 - 2 versus Missouri, 1 - 2 versus South Carolina, 1 - 2 versus halF asS U and 0 - 1 versus Miami...Even if he wins out he will still have a losing record against our major opponents and after year four he will have averaged 7.5 wins/year. This record should cost him his job - even if he wins out...

Game. Set. Match.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n102552 said:
Well he is 2-0 with a competent quarterback.
Who chose to star those other QBs? You know, the ones that gave us the best chance of winning?

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
MJMGator;102557 said:
Ray Finkle;n102552 said:
Well he is 2-0 with a competent quarterback.
Who chose to star those other QBs? You know, the ones that gave us the best chance of winning?
It wasn't in his defense. The thread is Muschamp by the numbers, I provided numbers.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If Muschamp wins out this year then he will stay and he deserves to stay. Any of us at the beginning of the season would have been happy with 9-3. He wins a bowl game and that is a 10 win season.

If he wins out and his offense continues to improve under Treon then that really makes a difference. Now you have an offense that is showing life, a QB that recruits will want to play with, and a defense that is very strong. Sets us up for a very good 2015

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n102577 said:
Sets us up for a very good 2015

Heard this last year, this year...and now next year. Year five? Disgusting how the bar has been lowered around here. It truly is...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n102577 said:
If Muschamp wins out this year then he will stay and he deserves to stay. Any of us at the beginning of the season would have been happy with 9-3. He wins a bowl game and that is a 10 win season.

If he wins out and his offense continues to improve under Treon then that really makes a difference. Now you have an offense that is showing life, a QB that recruits will want to play with, and a defense that is very strong. Sets us up for a very good 2015
Man-in-cage-flickr-f_mafra.jpg

I've been telling other Gator fans about you and they say they have to come take a look. I told them not to jab things at you through the bars, don't worry.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n102667 said:
Kinda creepy that ox has so many pictures of people in cages.

He's a cagey kind of guy.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n102577 said:

Any of us would be happy with 9-3? Seriously?
3 losses has been a bad year at UF for over 2 decades, yet we are supposed to be happy with it because he was so ****ing bad he only managed a 4-8 record last year?
:facepalm:

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
MJMGator;n102809 said:
Because I predicted 7-5 (4-4) I should be happy about it? Any of us should?
A better result than what most predicted should be a pleasant surprise. There is a difference between reasonable expectation (your prediction) and dreaming (championship caliber happiness).

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n102818 said:
A better result than what most predicted should be a pleasant surprise. There is a difference between reasonable expectation (your prediction) and dreaming (championship caliber happiness).

He said "any of us would be happy"...I'm not happy and I don't think most of Gator Nation is either. It's just further proof that expectations are the lowest since the 70s.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
MJMGator;n102827 said:
He said "any of us would be happy"...I'm not happy and I don't think most of Gator Nation is either. It's just further proof that expectations are the lowest since the 70s.
If we win out, I will be happy. Obviously not about the three losses, but about the fact that the main contributor in those losses has been replaced. Also, that means we beat UT, UGA, and FSU in the same year. It could be better, yes, but we weren't winning a championship with JD behind center.

JohnCoctostan

Oct 27, 2014
What I find interesting is that Muschamp gets a pass by some for last year due to injuries, which is okay. However, the same people give him credit for improving on that record.
How does that work? Shouldn't we have been an 8 win team without the injuries? If that's the argument for keeping him last year, how can he get credit for improving based on 4 wins?
The bottom line to me is that the expectations have fallen so far under his tenure. That, to me, is a sign that we have the wrong guy. We're back to the 80's mantra of "wait til next year!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator