Muschamp by the Numbers

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n102577 said:
If Muschamp wins out this year then he will stay and he deserves to stay. Any of us at the beginning of the season would have been happy with 9-3. He wins a bowl game and that is a 10 win season.

If he wins out and his offense continues to improve under Treon then that really makes a difference. Now you have an offense that is showing life, a QB that recruits will want to play with, and a defense that is very strong. Sets us up for a very good 2015

Gators on the other Board asked me why I was anti Muschamp thinking a rival would naturally pray to Allah for Will, the Thrill's survival thus our assurance of continued Florida mediocrity. You see a demoralized weak middle of the pack Florida Gators is not in the best interest of Tennessee. The real joy of Volunteers around the world is sinking the prospects and dreams of the Jort Lizard Nation when they're in the midst of a run for the SEC and National Championship

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Alvin York;n102852 said:
Gators on the other Board asked me why I was anti Muschamp thinking a rival would naturally pray to Allah for Will, the Thrill's survival thus our assurance of continued Florida mediocrity. You see a demoralized weak middle of the pack Florida Gators is not in the best interest of Tennessee. The real joy of Volunteers around the world is sinking the prospects and dreams of the Jort Lizard Nation when they're in the midst of a run for the SEC and National Championship

How would you know? You werent born when the vols last beat the gators...

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n102835 said:
If we win out, I will be happy. Obviously not about the three losses, but about the fact that the main contributor in those losses has been replaced. Also, that means we beat UT, UGA, and FSU in the same year. It could be better, yes, but we weren't winning a championship with JD behind center.

When did you ever think you'd be saying you were happy to be 8-3 while suffering 2 blowout losses, a gift win to LSU and a triple OT scare (at home) to UK? I agree we weren't going to win any championships behind JD, but who kept trotting him out there? Once again, WM has reduced expectations at UF to levels we haven't seen in decades.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
JohnCoctostan;n102836 said:
What I find interesting is that Muschamp gets a pass by some for last year due to injuries, which is okay. However, the same people give him credit for improving on that record.
How does that work? Shouldn't we have been an 8 win team without the injuries? If that's the argument for keeping him last year, how can he get credit for improving based on 4 wins?
The bottom line to me is that the expectations have fallen so far under his tenure. That, to me, is a sign that we have the wrong guy. We're back to the 80's mantra of "wait til next year!"

^This x 1,000!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n102800 said:
Any of us would be happy with 9-3? Seriously?
3 losses has been a bad year at UF for over 2 decades, yet we are supposed to be happy with it because he was so ****ing bad he only managed a 4-8 record last year?
:facepalm:

We've had 12 3+ loss seasons in the last 23 seasons (since 1992, including this year). Three each under Spurrier, Zook, Meyer, and Muschamp. So while I'm not saying I'm ok with losing, I'm also saying it's not like it never happens. Not only that, it ain't exactly easy to keep those kinds of win totals up in today's college football world, as evidenced especially by Meyer's tenure here.

GatorFin

Jul 24, 2014
Poor guy was so close. Just have the balls to pull driskel when he should have and we're riding high. No question in my mind. Treon Harris is special and I'm glad we've got him for the next 4 years.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
MJMGator;n102871 said:
When did you ever think you'd be saying you were happy to be 8-3 while suffering 2 blowout losses, a gift win to LSU and a triple OT scare (at home) to UK? I agree we weren't going to win any championships behind JD, but who kept trotting him out there? Once again, WM has reduced expectations at UF to levels we haven't seen in decades.
Hey man, I totally agree with most of what you are saying. The only difference I see in our views is that I am happy (finally) with what this offense is looking like and am cautiously optimistic with how this season will end. Muschamp is the one that played Jeff for so long and if he gets axed for it, I support that decision. If we win out and the offense continues to develop (which it would need to to beat FSU), I could see him retained. If that latter is what plays out, my expectations would rise back up to a 2 to 1 loss season next year. I guess I base my overall happiness on predictions I personally feel are realistic. If you don't that is your opinion and completely fine.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
GatorFin;n102882 said:
Poor guy was so close. Just have the balls to pull driskel when he should have and we're riding high. No question in my mind. Treon Harris is special and I'm glad we've got him for the next 4 years.

Just hope we can keep Grier too...

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n102878 said:
We've had 12 3+ loss seasons in the last 23 seasons (since 1992, including this year). Three each under Spurrier, Zook, Meyer, and Muschamp. So while I'm not saying I'm ok with losing, I'm also saying it's not like it never happens. Not only that, it ain't exactly easy to keep those kinds of win totals up in today's college football world, as evidenced especially by Meyer's tenure here.

I'm well aware of our record, dating back to the early 70s when my dad starting taking me to Florida Field. It doesn't change the fact that we (Gator Nation) have been disappointed with 8-3/9-3 type seasons for over 2 decades. Now, we are supposed to be happy with them because we simply can't expect more than that under WM? Foley has said it repeatedly and WM said it when he was hired...we are EXPECTED to compete for championships at the University of Florida.
WM has lowered those expectations during his 4th year of "this is not a 5 year plan".

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n102907 said:
I'm well aware of our record, dating back to the early 70s when my dad starting taking me to Florida Field. It doesn't change the fact that we (Gator Nation) have been disappointed with 8-3/9-3 type seasons for over 2 decades. Now, we are supposed to be happy with them because we simply can't expect more than that under WM? Foley has said it repeatedly and WM said it when he was hired...we are EXPECTED to compete for championships at the University of Florida.
WM has lowered those expectations during his 4th year of "this is not a 5 year plan".

Technically, if we win the East, we will be competing for an SEC Championship.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I believe that the Florida Gators should be competing for a National Championship. I believe that Urban let the recruiting and team slip in his last 2 years. I believe that to this point Muschamp has not stopped the ship from sinking... it has gotten worse. I believe that if he wins out (beats FSU, wins bowl game) he will have the team and the ship moving in the right direction.

If the offense continues to gel players will be excited for playing with Treon. Some of the stigma of Muschamp being on the hot seat will be gone. Treon will come back as a returning starting QB with a bowl practice, Spring practice and Fall to better know the offense. The RBs are still strong. WRs will be the same.

Why wouldn't I think if we win out that we could continue positive momentum?

BTW... I don't think we win out. I actually think we lose to USCe, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The worst the East has been since its inception. Hoo-rah. We had to bring down the level of ALL the other teams just so Muschamp could work at an even level and COMPETE.

Sweet Jesus

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n101970 said:
I'm going to have to order some new cages to put people in. BoomTown and backstop13 are going to need to be studied for a while, then put on display for the general public. Only 1 in 75,000 Gator fans want to go through this again next year, and two of them are in this thread. Imagine the odds!

We're gonna get you fellas the help you need, I promise.

There are a couple more about on GatorChatter

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n102911 said:
The worst the East has been since its inception. Hoo-rah. We had to bring down the level of ALL the other teams just so Muschamp could work at an even level and COMPETE.

Sweet Jesus

Didn't say it was a great accomplishment, but we knew that going into the season with all the transition.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Its like this. If we don't get rid of him soon, we will be stuck like Chuck. Look at UGLY. They can't run their HC out because he has a high average number of wins with no title to show for it. We will be in the same boat if we allow him "one more year" because we will be saying the same thing next year and the year after that and the year after that.........

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n103281 said:
Its like this. If we don't get rid of him soon, we will be stuck like Chuck. Look at UGLY. They can't run their HC out because he has a high average number of wins with no title to show for it. We will be in the same boat if we allow him "one more year" because we will be saying the same thing next year and the year after that and the year after that.........

BOOM! The coach that does just enough to save his job but never gets over the hump. We've got him on our sideline right now. I'd rather take a chance on an unknown quantity. We know what we have with Muschump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.