Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp:

Only Driskel is getting first team reps this week, just a few for Treon

-Muschamp says D will be in 90% nickel vs UT

-Playing 2 QBs is not on the radar at this time per Muschamp

- DJ Humphries will be back in the lineup at LT. Ankle is healthy now

-Leon Orr out against UT. Bullard will shift between DT and DE and Joey Ivey will get more run at DT.

- Would like more of a pass rush but "we have to play better in the secondary".

- Said "the best pass defense in America is a pass rush".

- said he recruited last Friday, watched ball on Saturday, and worked on Sunday.

- "They're all must win games, when has it ever changed?"

- walked into the interview room earlier humming "Rocky Top". It's played every day at practice

- Gators have package for Treon Harris but "opportunity has to present itself for him to play".

Nick de la Torre @NickdelaTorreGC
Muschamp says the majority of Gator Nation is behind Jeff Driskel. #Gators

Driskel:

-Driskel on criticism "You can't shield yourself from all of it. That's just part of playing quarterback here. I'm grown. I can handle it."

-"It's something that was said ... he was upset, a lot of Gators fans were upset," Driskel said of Emmitt Smith.

- "thank goodness it's a new week" he said w/a smile before taking questions.

- on criticism "i'm grown, i can handle it".

- "no big deal" on the Emmit Smith tweet

- "we're not panacking here".

- on the UT defense: "they have some good players. We're going to have our hands full".

- "hopefully we don't hear it too much this weekend" about Rocky Top

- "we pride ourselves on emptying the stadium" on Vols fans leaving the game early in 2012

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The scary part is that Muschamp believes that most of GatorNation is behind JD. We're not. JD getting ALL the first team reps isn't preparing the team properly. It is very possible JD struggles again or gets hurt or anything that Treon might need 1st team reps.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Some are saying he actually said that Treon just got a few first team snaps like the backup always gets.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n64764 said:
The scary part is that Muschamp believes that most of GatorNation is behind JD. We're not. JD getting ALL the first team reps isn't preparing the team properly. It is very possible JD struggles again or gets hurt or anything that Treon might need 1st team reps.

If that is what he actually said about the majority of Gator Nation being behind Driskel it just shows how defensive he is getting on his decision at QB. Like he is almost calling out the vocal fans commenting on the issue.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly. There's zero contingency plan. None. Muschamp is awful. How anyone can defend him st at this point is beyond me.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He has shown he is hitching his wagon to JD and nothing will change his mind. So either JD starts playing well and Muschamp keeps his job or JD continues to play below average and Muschamp will be fired this year.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
T REX;n64764 said:

I hate to pile on Jeff, because at the end of the day he's trying his best and is going to play if the coaches let him. But not only is that "majority" comment wrong, I'd say the number at this point is less than 20%. The only time I hear people not outright saying we have a QB problem is when they say "we have a much bigger(coaching) problem". I'd rather just avoid specifics than say something so off base. That being said, hope JD kills it this weekend.

F18Bundy

Founding Member
No Carbs Please
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He should be referred to as the interim coach at Florida from this point forward. He has wasted the opportunity to get two weeks of prep time for someone, anyone, but Jeff to play QB. Driskel isn't suddenly going to become an accurate passer. Time to give the next guy a chance.

All hope is lost. Gloom, despair, agony...

[video=youtube;bXysRO11Xi8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXysRO11Xi8[/video]

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I guess I don't know what people really expect him to say. If they have a big package for Treon or Treon has gotten a ton of first team snaps... then why tell anybody. Just to make the fans happy? I'd rather him focus on winning games.

Honestly... while I think Driskel has played poorly and Harris needs a shot... if he is going to start Driskel.. then Driskel needs as many first team snaps as he can get!

Of course he is going to say the majority of the Gator Nation is behind Driskel. One thing to realize is that the majority of these are answers to questions... he doesn't come in and do 20 min monologue.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n64785 said:
I guess I don't know what people really expect him to say. If they have a big package for Treon or Treon has gotten a ton of first team snaps... then why tell anybody. Just to make the fans happy? I'd rather him focus on winning games.

Honestly... while I think Driskel has played poorly and Harris needs a shot... if he is going to start Driskel.. then Driskel needs as many first team snaps as he can get!

Of course he is going to say the majority of the Gator Nation is behind Driskel. One thing to realize is that the majority of these are answers to questions... he doesn't come in and do 20 min monologue.

Great logical post and I agree with all of it. :clap:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n64785 said:

^^this.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Focus on winning games? We looked completely unprepared vs Bama. Maybe he needs to go back to coaching school. JD looks terrible after 4 freaking years. JD is just one of many things that will be the downfall of William Larry Muschamp. I guess it doesn't matter much anymore. We just need to get through this season before we can start to heal.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n64785 said:

If he had any sense I would expect him to say Harris has been getting most of the 1st team reps and will be starting this week. It would be great if all this was a smokescreen and Harris did start this week.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
ATXGator;n64785 said:

There are ways of answering questions without speaking in absolutes and saying things that you know aren't true.

Coaches routinely dodge questions, especially when they concern his job security or the performance of an unpopular player. But honestly, if I'm JD, and this is all just a ploy to fool the opponent, I'm a little upset that I'm basically being used as a puppet, when in reality the coach has decided to go a different direction.

I also think you have to look at the context of the criticism. Muschamp has proven again and again that he is stubborn and will completely defy logic in his decision making. As I said at the beginning of the season, he's going to have every quote and every decision he makes scrutinized. That's what happens when you lose 16 games in 3 years.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n64818 said:
There are ways of answering questions without speaking in absolutes and saying things that you know aren't true.

Coaches routinely dodge questions, especially when they concern his job security or the performance of an unpopular player. But honestly, if I'm JD, and this is all just a ploy to fool the opponent, I'm a little upset that I'm basically being used as a puppet, when in reality the coach has decided to go a different direction.

I also think you have to look at the context of the criticism. Muschamp has proven again and again that he is stubborn and will completely defy logic in his decision making. As I said at the beginning of the season, he's going to have every quote and every decision he makes scrutinized. That's what happens when you lose 16 games in 3 years.

And it should happen, especially when at times last year he wasn't honest in his press conferences and spoke as if the fan base didn't know football.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
When has Muschamp done anything wild and crazy? Never. Dude has zero imagination. He hasn't changed. He hasn't miraculously seen the light. That leopard can't change his spots. I bet we don't see Treon at all even if Jeff struggles. That's not Muschamp. It never has been and it never will be.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I love this one.

"Muschamp said you don't really do a whole lot differently to shield Driskel from the criticism or help him with it mentally. Said he hasn't been around many tougher kids from a physical or mental standpoint. Understands that's part of the deal at Florida. Also said he thinks Driskel "will make the Gator Nation proud." But it's the criticism of the negative few that you're always going to get, but it's a small minority."

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.