Muschamp / Driskel Notes

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
TX great post and I agree with you. WM is great at the CoachSpeak, could be all smoke and mirrors. If JD does start and goes the distance I hope he's doing it like 2012 up there. In the meantime I sure hope that WM is prepping TH to play. We all know what happened last year and he needs to understand and prepare as if TH is one snap (and even a broken leg) away from playing.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n64818 said:
There are ways of answering questions without speaking in absolutes and saying things that you know aren't true.

Coaches routinely dodge questions, especially when they concern his job security or the performance of an unpopular player. But honestly, if I'm JD, and this is all just a ploy to fool the opponent, I'm a little upset that I'm basically being used as a puppet, when in reality the coach has decided to go a different direction.

I also think you have to look at the context of the criticism. Muschamp has proven again and again that he is stubborn and will completely defy logic in his decision making. As I said at the beginning of the season, he's going to have every quote and every decision he makes scrutinized. That's what happens when you lose 16 games in 3 years.

What would you like him to say... Jeff needs to hear he has the confidence of his head coach. The kid is having to deal with all of us telling him he stinks.. and watching himself stink on film in front of his team (which I guarantee is worse than anything we say), so having the coach come out publically and support you is a good thing.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jeff should start. If he starts making bonehead decisions and is inaccurate throwing the ball, then Harris should get a chance to see if he can provide a spark. I hate this set in stone BS plan. You have to be flexible. Even as a head coach you need to be flexible to be successful.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Will Muschamp, if he continues to think JD is the guy and that the majority of Gator fans are behind him.

Attachments

• conv_910.jpg
    conv_910.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 33

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Note to Jeff Driskel; there's a huge difference between being "even keel" and "cool under fire" and being totally naive, artificial and intellectually lazy. At this point, he might be a little better served by finding his inner intensity and "play like your life and career depends on it" button. The Cool Hand Luke shtick is played-out and is about to have his ass permanently on the bench. Time for Cool Hand Luke to take a seat to passionate, fire-in-the-belly, Jeff Driskel.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Watching the Driskel press conference the media was really after him with the social media stuff - brought up the Emmitt tweet and the tailgating photo etc. I was waiting for them to ask if he had read Gatorchatter or not.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The tailgating photo was ridiculous. Give the dude some freaking privacy

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Somehow I missed the tailgating photo. Is that really a big deal that he went to FAU on his off week to support his brother's team? Or that he drank before the game? Do people realize how much college football players drink? It's his off week! :rolleyes:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n64924 said:
Watching the Driskel press conference the media was really after him with the social media stuff - brought up the Emmitt tweet and the tailgating photo etc. I was waiting for them to ask if he had read Gatorchatter or not.

I'm guess a slow news day with no game this past weekend.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n64820 said:
When has Muschamp done anything wild and crazy? Never. Dude has zero imagination. He hasn't changed. He hasn't miraculously seen the light. That leopard can't change his spots. I bet we don't see Treon at all even if Jeff struggles. That's not Muschamp. It never has been and it never will be.

Then he needs to be fired!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Speaking of coach speak at press conferences - Butch Jones just said he has been very impressed with Driskel's play and that there is a reason he was the # 1 rated QB coming out of high school.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n64831 said:
I love this one.

"Muschamp said you don't really do a whole lot differently to shield Driskel from the criticism or help him with it mentally. Said he hasn't been around many tougher kids from a physical or mental standpoint. Understands that's part of the deal at Florida. Also said he thinks Driskel "will make the Gator Nation proud." But it's the criticism of the negative few that you're always going to get, but it's a small minority."

Not on this board!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182;n64934 said:
Not on this board!
Or anywhere else. Do you know a lot of gator fans

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
ATXGator;n64845 said:
What would you like him to say... Jeff needs to hear he has the confidence of his head coach. The kid is having to deal with all of us telling him he stinks.. and watching himself stink on film in front of his team (which I guarantee is worse than anything we say), so having the coach come out publically and support you is a good thing.

Again, there are any number of ways a coach could accomplish that. Convey that you have full confidence in him. Say that you're not focusing on criticism, but on the opponent. Compliment his week of preparation. Reference his last trip up there.

I just think it sounds ridiculous to say things to a room full of people who know you're lying to them. I've said for years that WM's handling of the media and PR is one of his biggest flaws.

But again, hopefully Jeff plays lights out.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n64933 said:
Speaking of coach speak at press conferences - Butch Jones just said he has been very impressed with Driskel's play and that there is a reason he was the # 1 rated QB coming out of high school.

That way if they beat us, it looks better, and if they don't, there is that thought about Driskel out there for tenn fans to hold to.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n64933 said:

I wonder how many of his players got a laugh out of that

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator