Muschamp / Driskel Notes

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
WM is delusional or stubborn. Maybe from his view ( defense) he does feel driskel is what he wants. It didn't sound like smoke and mirrors to me, and he is capable of being clever with his coachspeak and not outright lie, if the intent was to befuddle the opposition.

Given all we have seen, it makes more sense that it is indeed his plan to go with Jeff. He clearly said the other QBs were going to get game reps i( indicated lots) this year to be prepared, Now is indicating Harris is not even getting much (or any) first team reps in practice.. Way to prepare. Something is wrong with that man, given his tenuous position and the results on the field.

Guess he hasn't read the 1st half breakdown from gator country. someone needs to stick that chart in front of his face.

I read elsewhere that this past weekend the freshman QBs that started and did well, energized their team, were the #1 and #5 recruits from the last class.. Meanwhile the # 2 and #3 QB from the same class are here sitting on the bench while our starter struggles..

How is the team supposed to have confidence in their head coach? They are the ones whose season and opportunities are being thrown out. Muschamp doesn't suffer. He has his millions buyout and DC offers waiting if he is fired. Plus, I think he feels confident JF will not fire him before end of season, if then.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Does JD have any fear that he may lose his job? You'd think with that frothing psycho ranting on the sidelines he would BUT...maybe JD knows that his job is secure regardless of performance. That's bad. Brissett and Murph were both run off...JD thinks this is his gig no matter what happens. Not good.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
ATXGator;n64785 said:
I guess I don't know what people really expect him to say. If they have a big package for Treon or Treon has gotten a ton of first team snaps... then why tell anybody. Just to make the fans happy? I'd rather him focus on winning games.

Honestly... while I think Driskel has played poorly and Harris needs a shot... if he is going to start Driskel.. then Driskel needs as many first team snaps as he can get!

Of course he is going to say the majority of the Gator Nation is behind Driskel. One thing to realize is that the majority of these are answers to questions... he doesn't come in and do 20 min monologue.

+1

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
T REX;n64805 said:
Focus on winning games? We looked completely unprepared vs Bama. Maybe he needs to go back to coaching school. JD looks terrible after 4 freaking years. JD is just one of many things that will be the downfall of William Larry Muschamp. I guess it doesn't matter much anymore. We just need to get through this season before we can start to heal.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Miles got on the LSU fans about booing during their game saying they didn't know football etc but he at least had the sense to make the change to the true freshman finally and they scored 7 straight times after not doing squat the drives before that with the other QB.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
T REX;n65040 said:
Just curious why you think that?

Why Rex man, it's nothing personal brother, I do not treat anybody that way, except maybe Wob, j/k Wob :heehee:.. I am just to the point of attempting to be a positive voice for our team. Regardless of what is happening, it is our Gators. That's all I care about right now. We all know if his choices backfire, that it will mean his job. The point has been made by the true decision makers and at this point, everyone already knows everyone else's opinion on it. Lets just root for them and back them and when and if their decisions fail, then we can start to find someone new. Although, I do believe there is no problem with discussing coaching prospects for his replacement if it comes to that but for now, let's put aside the WM & JD bashings and realize it's not changing for now, so let's support what we have. And honestly, while I am sure the players and coaches may not read these, recruits might and seeing that stuff can't help. Go Gators! IMHO, No disrespect intended man.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator2002;n65077 said:
Why Rex man, it's nothing personal brother, I do not treat anybody that way, except maybe Wob, j/k Wob :heehee:.. I am just to the point of attempting to be a positive voice for our team. Regardless of what is happening, it is our Gators. That's all I care about right now. We all know if his choices backfire, that it will mean his job. The point has been made by the true decision makers and at this point, everyone already knows everyone else's opinion on it. Lets just root for them and back them and when and if their decisions fail, then we can start to find someone new. Although, I do believe there is no problem with discussing coaching prospects for his replacement if it comes to that but for now, let's put aside the WM & JD bashings and realize it's not changing for now, so let's support what we have. And honestly, while I am sure the players and coaches may not read these, recruits might and seeing that stuff can't help. Go Gators! IMHO, No disrespect intended man.

Here's the deal...Sun through Friday may be ugly but on Saturdays I am dressed in Gator gear and at home or a bar cheering(probably screaming my ass off) for them. I always cheer for them no matter what.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
T REX;n65094 said:
Here's the deal...Sun through Friday may be ugly but on Saturdays I am dressed in Gator gear and at home or a bar cheering(probably screaming my ass off) for them. I always cheer for them no matter what.

+1 :swampqueen:

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jenny On The Railroad;n65004 said:
WM is delusional or stubborn. Maybe from his view ( defense) he does feel driskel is what he wants. It didn't sound like smoke and mirrors to me, and he is capable of being clever with his coachspeak and not outright lie, if the intent was to befuddle the opposition.

Given all we have seen, it makes more sense that it is indeed his plan to go with Jeff. He clearly said the other QBs were going to get game reps i( indicated lots) this year to be prepared, Now is indicating Harris is not even getting much (or any) first team reps in practice.. Way to prepare. Something is wrong with that man, given his tenuous position and the results on the field.

Guess he hasn't read the 1st half breakdown from gator country. someone needs to stick that chart in front of his face.

I read elsewhere that this past weekend the freshman QBs that started and did well, energized their team, were the #1 and #5 recruits from the last class.. Meanwhile the # 2 and #3 QB from the same class are here sitting on the bench while our starter struggles..

How is the team supposed to have confidence in their head coach? They are the ones whose season and opportunities are being thrown out. Muschamp doesn't suffer. He has his millions buyout and DC offers waiting if he is fired. Plus, I think he feels confident JF will not fire him before end of season, if then.

He is both delusional and stubborn. Delusional in believing that JD "gives us the best chance to win". 3+ years of being a lousy passer, lousy game manager, mentally lost
QB (he had 1 good game). Stubborn in not giving another QB a chance to move the team in a game. He lied about getting another QB ready, well, he didn't lie, he probably thought JD was going to actually make good decisions and learn to throw the ball better, but that is hopeless. He can't give another QB playing time because it would show just how horrible (ok, the stats and game film already do) JD is when the backup is able to make a nice touch pass, read the D and make the proper call.

As for your last paragraph, he lost the team last year during the losing streak. With D-Rob tweeting about the QB change it appears they haven't given their full support to the dawg and his decision making. So he is about to lose them again.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator2002;n65077 said:

2002, We are all Gator fans and supporters. We dearly want to see the program get back on track and be a contender for not just the SEC title but NC. But seeing how Foley didn't fire the dawg after last year's multiple fiascos and WM's stubborn refusal to play another QB what are your thoughts on having another disastrous year and Foley still keeping WM, who in turn will make JD the starter again next year with same mantra that 'he gives us the best chance to win'?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.