Muschamp states he should've been more involved in offense

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
With the coaching staff we had led by Dumbchamp a Heisman winner would have sucked.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What was the reason for AL.com even publishing this story? Eight or nine graphs about nothing.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n192529]What was the reason for AL.com even publishing this story? Eight or nine graphs about nothing. [/QUOTE]

To give Law something else to b*tch about in the offseason?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Finally a thread with some life! :dance:

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I wish WM would have been more involved in our offense from the get go. Then he would have been booted out sooner.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Its remarkable to me that he would even make this comment and expect anyone to buy it. Its one thing to say that having one OC come in and suck, its another to have 3 supposedly pass happy guys come in and run the exact same run heavy, pass aversion offense. The guy is a liar and a loser, good riddance.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Okeechobee Joe;n192036 said:

Looks good in orange and blue --- as long as it has the AU insignia. We will meet up with Brother Muschamp pretty soon.

Anyone want to place bets on how long he'll be at AU? I don't think they are on our schedule for another 6-7 years? I doubt he'll be there then. But I'm wondering if he'll be there in 2-3 yrs.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
True or not it is a great cover for him to get a future HC gig... the offense wasn't my fault... I wasn't involved...... poor me....

The bottom line is that as HC it is his job to be involved in both offense and defense and if one side is not performing he should have been working with the offensive staff to get them to perform. He either wasn't capable or he ignored that side of the ball which may have impacted the moral of the offensive players because the HC only cared about defense...

This shows why he truly was not a good HC... he didn't know how to be the leader of the whole organization.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n192549 said:
To give Law something else to b*tch about in the offseason?
At least we're done with the jilted-lovers-of-Meyer era, that sh*t seemed like it would never end:
"Meyer left us with a broken program"
"Meyer faked an illness so he could leave us"
"Meyer has a salty dick"

God that crap got old.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n192650 said:
True or not it is a great cover for him to get a future HC gig... the offense wasn't my fault... I wasn't involved...... poor me....

The bottom line is that as HC it is his job to be involved in both offense and defense and if one side is not performing he should have been working with the offensive staff to get them to perform. He either wasn't capable or he ignored that side of the ball which may have impacted the moral of the offensive players because the HC only cared about defense...

This shows why he truly was not a good HC... he didn't know how to be the leader of the whole organization.

^This... the statement is more damning than if he was involved and just failed. Focusing on one sign of the ball and not getting involved in any other phase of the game, is what a coordinator does, not a head coach.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
He thinks he can distance himself from the stain he made here by saying he should have been more involved in the offense? Basically he wants us to believe he could have been successful, but he decided not to try that hard at Florida . . . . we weren't worth the 100% Chump effort. I never, ever want to see another post about what a great guy he is, just a bad coach. He's a A-1 jackass and a bad coach.

And it isn't "popular opinion" that ties him to the offense, it is the fact he was the HEAD ball coach. He is a damn fool.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I guess hes finally admitting what weve all been saying for 4 years. The offense sucked b/c of lack of coaching. Thanks alot mushmouth.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I recall waaay back when some of us were voicing concerns about our lack of passing. I remember the replies. Defenders and even WM may have said this "When you pass, three things can happen and two of them are bad...". You know who you are. So you'd think they'd get a decent run game (Neb95 style maybe), but no. This clown wanted to win games on defense alone and used his O to set up his D.
You were involved Knuckles, don't deny it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorious;n192921 said:
I recall waaay back when some of us were voicing concerns about our lack of passing. I remember the replies. Defenders and even WM may have said this "When you pass, three things can happen and two of them are bad...". You know who you are. So you'd think they'd get a decent run game (Neb95 style maybe), but no. This clown wanted to win games on defense alone and used his O to set up his D.
You were involved Knuckles, don't deny it.
The fact that Dawgshiiit left a roster with 6 OL and 4 punters tells you all you need to know.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n192650 said:
True or not it is a great cover for him to get a future HC gig... the offense wasn't my fault...
Chimp got fired... errrr.... invited to find other opportunities by Saban then destroyed the next three programs he touched.

His next HC gig will be Macon State or Southwestern Pautoxi Community College.

It would be sweet if he landed another gig in the SEC East but no one will fall for his ds again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator