Muschamp states he should've been more involved in offense

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Law98gator;n192946 said:
The fact that Dawgshiiit left a roster with 6 OL and 4 punters tells you all you need to know.

Yes. He planned on using the OL as punters.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
DE to TE

OL to Punter

WM had a grand plan, but kept swapping out OC in search of someone who could implement his genius. The final result would be a formation of back yard proportions, with a center to hike (nay, hand off) the ball to the QB and everyone else is lined up wide to go run buttonhooks and fly patterns to distract the defense while the lone RB and/or QB takes off running against a DL spread so far and wide they couldn't stop the ball. Nevermind there was no respect for the pass, or that even if we try it would fail into an interception or at best an incompletion. It's how his defense would play it, it's how any defense must play it, it is his secret plan. Revolutionize the SEC into not a spread offense, but a super spread offense where the defense requires a ton of DBs athletic enough to cover the whole field as the majority of the offense runs routes; and his hammer of a RB is able to slice through a non-existent DL for a dozen yards a pop. Run game....power wins, baby. And those WRs are just for show.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n193152 said:
DE to TE

OL to Punter

WM had a grand plan, but kept swapping out OC in search of someone who could implement his genius. The final result would be a formation of back yard proportions, with a center to hike (nay, hand off) the ball to the QB and everyone else is lined up wide to go run buttonhooks and fly patterns to distract the defense while the lone RB and/or QB takes off running against a DL spread so far and wide they couldn't stop the ball. Nevermind there was no respect for the pass, or that even if we try it would fail into an interception or at best an incompletion. It's how his defense would play it, it's how any defense must play it, it is his secret plan. Revolutionize the SEC into not a spread offense, but a super spread offense where the defense requires a ton of DBs athletic enough to cover the whole field as the majority of the offense runs routes; and his hammer of a RB is able to slice through a non-existent DL for a dozen yards a pop. Run game....power wins, baby. And those WRs are just for show.

I laughed.:lol:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n192646 said:
Anyone want to place bets on how long he'll be at AU? I don't think they are on our schedule for another 6-7 years? I doubt he'll be there then. But I'm wondering if he'll be there in 2-3 yrs.

I'll be surprised if he's there after 1 season

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
TLB;n193152 said:
DE to TE

OL to Punter

Perfect. Spot on.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I think the OL blocking itself is what tipped him off to what kind of offense he needed to be running. ;)

Oh, and I'm thinking he is out of AU after 2 yrs. Most likely for a HBC position where he fails miserably again. That or some dumbass in the NFL takes a chance and makes him a DB coach, where he gets punched like a chalkboard by his players.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n193179 said:
I'll give him 2.

Very possible. If his defense kills it this year after last year, then he'll be getting a lot of looks, which is what I was basing things on. I would certainly agree with you that no more than 2 and he'll be gone.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
cornbread;n192159 said:
muschamp sucks

Will-Muschamp-Chalkboard-GIF.gif

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
His punctuation is terrible. They just forgot the lesson on the board to remember only the elbow explosion.
A coach is a teacher.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n192952 said:
Chimp got fired... errrr.... invited to find other opportunities by Saban then destroyed the next three programs he touched.

His next HC gig will be Macon State or Southwestern Pautoxi Community College.

It would be sweet if he landed another gig in the SEC East but no one will fall for his ds again.

I would not be surprised to see somebody else give him a chance after 2 years at Auburn. Look how many opportunities Lane Kiffin got as a HC

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Every time I read this thread title I kick my dog. My poor dalmatian won't be able to walk soon.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n193231 said:
I would not be surprised to see somebody else give him a chance after 2 years at Auburn. Look how many opportunities Lane Kiffin got as a HC
Chimp's brother lives in ATX. Just sayin'.

Houston wouldn't touch him after he put together a string of top Ds. He's done.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n193390 said:
Chimp's brother lives in ATX. Just sayin'.

Houston wouldn't touch him after he put together a string of top Ds. He's done.

:deadhorse:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb