Muschamp trades barbs with McElwain over how he left the offense

Dec 10, 2014
WobbleGator;n208122 said:
So pumpers are now called fvkkers or ****tards?

I just don't really remember any Chimp supporters after 4-8. That's what I'm mostly confused on. Personally, I saw the writing on the wall after Toledo. I remember that game very well and Jeff Cardozo and Adam ****ick (sic) getting into a pretty fierce argument over no offensive exploration/development during the Toledo game. It was on the radio either Monday or Tuesday on the midday tailgate. Muschamp was also a complete tool at the press conference after that Toledo game. Low and behold, our offense stunk it up for 3 1/2 quarters against Miami. I was done with Chimp then.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n208128 said:
I just don't really remember any Chimp supporters after 4-8.

There were plenty still. I was one that continued to support him because he was our HC. I figured after 2013, he would be fired. But when he wasn't, I hoped he would turn it around in 2014. My hopes were not fulfilled and WM was thankfully fired.

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n208130 said:
There were plenty still. I was one that continued to support him because he was our HC. I figured after 2013, he would be fired. But when he wasn't, I hoped he would turn it around in 2014. My hopes were not fulfilled and WM was thankfully fired.

Same. After sitting in the South end of the stadium during that last drive my USC knowing the whole time they were about to win that game, that is when I finally gave up. I mean, that UGA win gave me some hope.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
EDSBS had a spanish video subtitled as a WM interview (may have dubbed audio, I was at work and had it muted). Pretty funny.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/embed/jM_pvsvGDmE[/video]

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n208160 said:
EDSBS had a spanish video subtitled as a WM interview (may have dubbed audio, I was at work and had it muted). Pretty funny.

:lol: :lmao:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n208160 said:

How funny was that video!?!?! I'm at work too but turned it way down so I could barely hear it. The sound effects definitely add to the hilarity factor.

Dec 10, 2014
WobbleGator;n208130 said:

Hoping he turns around and being a sunshine pumper are two different things. The critical question is whether you wanted him back for '14. I've said this in other threads, but the only silver lining to having him back in '14 was not having to duel it out with Penn State, Texas, and USC for a head coach. Who would you rather have coaching here? Charlie Strong, James Franklin or Coach Mac? I'd take Coach Mac in a heartbeat. Wouldn't have had him had Chimp been canned.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n208327 said:
Hoping he turns around and being a sunshine pumper are two different things. The critical question is whether you wanted him back for '14. I've said this in other threads, but the only silver lining to having him back in '14 was not having to duel it out with Penn State, Texas, and USC for a head coach. Who would you rather have coaching here? Charlie Strong, James Franklin or Coach Mac? I'd take Coach Mac in a heartbeat. Wouldn't have had him had Chimp been canned.

Franklin would have been a good hire.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
While Franklin had good results on field at Vandy, I suspect charcter issues off field as surfaced at Vandy will unfortunately start to show up at PSU. I wouldn't have wanted him here, honestly. And I would expect he would have been here 3-4 yrs before getting bounced.

I did like the idea of Charlie Strong coming back, but don't know how he would have done with us. I think it would have likely been a string of 8-10 win seasons, without ever breaking through. TX is a better fit for him, IMO. He feels like a Bob Stoops kind of coach if he were at UF.

I"m good w JMac of the three. Looking forward to something new, innovactive, refreshing, and building towards a strong program that does break through, possible more than once a decade.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n208160 said:

That's funny. Dont mute it.

ChattanooGATOR

Swollen Member
Aug 30, 2014
TLB;n208160 said:

That is fricking hilarious. This should be required viewing for all Gators.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n208363 said:
That's funny. Dont mute it.
Classic! pure gold. you have to either cry or laugh over it, that was a good laugh.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Muschamp is such an idiot to argue about this. I was listening to 92.9 Sports Talk radio here in Atlanta today and the 2 hosts, both of whom pull for Georgia, even said Muschamp left the program in shambles. They went on to say that they thought Mac was crying wolf when he first arrived and mentioned being thin but after seeing our spring practice, our roster and our spring "game", the hosts were amazed at how thin we are across the board. They also made a crack that we should have tried to recoup some of the money we were paying to CWM because they couldn't fathom how we could only have 6 O-linemen on scholarship and also be thin at QB, LB, DL and WR if our previous staff had really tried to build a well rounded team. CWM would be wise to shut up if for no other reason than to show people that he has matured so when the next HC gig comes along, he might have a chance to be considered for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.