Muschamp's post game

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The player interviews are interesting as well. The team is really cohesive following this game.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Nice to see smiles instead of emptiness...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Let's hope he finally sees what he needs to do. TH will probably make a few freshman mistakes but Driskel is still making freshmen mistakes. There's everything to win and nothing to lose by making the switch to see if TH can grow into the real deal.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Neon treon will be starting

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not allowed to give up my source though

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Thought it interesting when talking about QBs with the "It" factor he didn't mention one guy.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n69332 said:
I'm not allowed to give up my source though

I wouldn't care if your source were a magic eight ball, if it meant winning ballgames.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n69329 said:
Let's hope he finally sees what he needs to do. TH will probably make a few freshman mistakes but Driskel is still making freshmen mistakes. There's everything to win and nothing to lose by making the switch to see if TH can grow into the real deal.

He's gotta realize that at this point...doesn't he?!?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I thought Treon should have started vs UT. Driskel will start next week. WM's reasoning = Jeff has to be given a
fair chance to reclaim his starting job.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
His comments about the defense are so lucid, so precise, and so true. His comments about the offense are so not lucid, not precise, and not true...it is scary what he thinks he is seeing compared to what is actually being seen. I am really beginning to think he has mental problems. He does not seem to realize that it is okay to be wrong, admit it, and make the change for the good of the team. Driskel does not have the support of the team. They will play, but they will not play for him...and Muschamp has to see that and make the change. Today was great evidence...

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n69414 said:
Everybody makes mistakes. Its ok to be wrong and make corrections. He had to be dragged kicking and screaming to Treon.

Yeah, the thought of the Gator Nation Noise in his head must have been exponentially resounding as the 3rd quarter was closing. Glad his epiphany came though, it should make it easier for him to pull the trigger earlier for Treon if Driskeling starts gushing onto the field.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The evidence says start Treon, with Driskel as the backup. Otherwise, we have a mentally deficient head coach.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If he doesn't start Treon, he loses the team. So of course, he'll start JD.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
My sense is he tried to take a lot of the blame from JD to give him a cleaner exit as the starting QB. Then he goes on to say Roper was misquoted about saying Treon was not ready to run the offense. Goes on to say everyone in the locker room believes Treon can lead the offense. Says you may just alter plays you call for Treon. I think he's already decided whether he announces it or not.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I hope you are right, Coach.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Couple of observations: Muschamp didn't include Driskel when mentioning QB's with the "it" factor. He did mention Harris and Grier specifically.
I thought his explanation of playing in the secondary and how confidence can be lost was eloquent. It was a good analysis of the mindset required to play that position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb