Muschamp's post game

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n69405 said:
His comments about the defense are so lucid, so precise, and so true. His comments about the offense are so not lucid, not precise, and not true...it is scary what he thinks he is seeing compared to what is actually being seen. I am really beginning to think he has mental problems. He does not seem to realize that it is okay to be wrong, admit it, and make the change for the good of the team. Driskel does not have the support of the team. They will play, but they will not play for him...and Muschamp has to see that and make the change. Today was great evidence...

I really like your observation of the contrast between his D and O perceptions. And I think that yes he does not realize it is ok to be wrong and make adjustments. Probably does intellectually, but it is the earlier programming that drives it. In some families it is highly not OK,, even forbidden to make mistakes or be less than perfect. . Mistakes, even the tiniest deviations from the command or expectation meet with harsh emotional or physical response that are damaging, guilt and low self esteem producing.( Of course, it is rarely inflicted with that intent.). While it doesn't have to produce what you see in muscahmp, this inner flip side is real typical in people with muschamp's public personality traits.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n69444 said:
If he doesn't start Treon, he loses the team. So of course, he'll start JD.

:snob: Brilliant!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n69435 said:
The evidence says start Treon, with Driskel as the backup. Otherwise, we have a mentally deficient head coach.

Correct on the QB's. Correct on the HC until proven otherwise.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n69425 said:
This is my problem. Why would he even consider putting JD in after yesterday? This would tell me that his ego is more important than winning.
He's already said he would consider it. He even said that he would play two QBs if that's what is needed. He might be a little denser than we think.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n69435 said:
The evidence says start Treon, with Driskel as the backup. Otherwise, we have a mentally deficient head coach.
Actually, I think he should burn Grier's redshirt and make him the backup. It is plain that JD cannot get out of his own way AND the team does not play for him.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n69510 said:
Perhaps GC should be paid $2MM a year for its insights.
I like this idea.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Gatoravatara;n69510 said:
Wow. We have been saying this for a while now. What exactly makes it so eloquent? HIs accent? Perhaps GC should be paid $2MM a year for its insights.

Well I thought it was a well constructed explanation of the mental issues involved in playing in the secondary. I haven't spent much time on the new board so I obviously missed that discussion here.
Plus, Muschamp actually IS a football coach (even if he's a bad one) and I believe most of the folks on message boards just think they are football coaches!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;69349 said:
Thought it interesting when talking about QBs with the "It" factor he didn't mention one guy.
I noticed that. He even said "other QB sfrom my past". I didn't want to jump to any conclusions, but...

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n69405 said:
His comments about the defense are so lucid, so precise, and so true. His comments about the offense are so not lucid, not precise, and not true...it is scary what he thinks he is seeing compared to what is actually being seen. I am really beginning to think he has mental problems. He does not seem to realize that it is okay to be wrong, admit it, and make the change for the good of the team. Driskel does not have the support of the team. They will play, but they will not play for him...and Muschamp has to see that and make the change. Today was great evidence...
Easy on the bitterness… lol
I am just thankful we had 2 weeks to prepare the offense for that wonderful display yesterday...:yes:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxking;69608 said:
Actually, I think he should burn Grier's redshirt and make him the backup. It is plain that JD cannot get out of his own way AND the team does not play for him.
Grier has been out with back spasms the last 2 weeks. He has a semi-capable backup in Driskel. Burning Grier's redshirt would be bad.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Saw this tweet posted on ESPN
If you are putting together your end of life protocols, do not give Will Muschamp your power of attorney. He'll never pull the plug.
WM finally proved it wrong, but it's funny nonetheless.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
He just looked relieved, to me. Was open and pretty unguarded in his comments. Having the short field after the TO was a good time to make the change, considering we needed two scores, and there was a good chance to get at least 3 there. Despite what the message board experts think they know, it had to be a tough decision to put his career in the hands of a freshman in that situation. He had no choice, really, and gave much praise to TH. I don't know who will start, and don't care, I just want to win and I believe he will use one or both to try to accomplish that. He doesn't have to sweat that decision, it's been made, so now he has both options if necessary. If JD has his mind right about being backup or sharing time, it's a good situation for us.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
aka;n69685 said:
He just looked relieved, to me. Was open and pretty unguarded in his comments. Having the short field after the TO was a good time to make the change, considering we needed two scores, and there was a good chance to get at least 3 there. Despite what the message board experts think they know, it had to be a tough decision to put his career in the hands of a freshman in that situation. He had no choice, really, and gave much praise to TH. I don't know who will start, and don't care, I just want to win and I believe he will use one or both to try to accomplish that. He doesn't have to sweat that decision, it's been made, so now he has both options if necessary. If JD has his mind right about being backup or sharing time, it's a good situation for us.

He is fooling himself if he thinks some 2 QB mess will work. The team wants a change at QB.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
My favorite thing was the interview on the field when he said that its great to send these fans home disappointed again. Also what is it with that "Fu(k you Florida" chat. I guess when you haven't won since FB became popular yiu get a little upset.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;69706 said:
He is fooling himself if he thinks some 2 QB mess will work. The team wants a change at QB.
This.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Is that really all you got from what I said? Just knowing TH will play is progress, my friends. I am happy for that. Like the D, find what works and do it. If JD sits all the time, so be it, let's move on.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
aka;n69734 said:
Is that really all you got from what I said? Just knowing TH will play is progress, my friends. I am happy for that. Like the D, find what works and do it. If JD sits all the time, so be it, let's move on.

He needs to be fired if he wants to keep using Driskel imo as long as Harris is doing better than Driskel did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb