I think we should still use Driskel in the victory formation :cool:

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n69329 said:
Let's hope he finally sees what he needs to do. TH will probably make a few freshman mistakes but Driskel is still making freshmen mistakes. There's everything to win and nothing to lose by making the switch to see if TH can grow into the real deal.

Couldn't agree more. TH will probably throw at least 1 (or 2 or 3) picks against LSU but from what we've seen JD would too and we might as well roll with the guy who will at least conceivably improve. His throws (even his missed deep ball) just have a Leak-like touch to them that's completely lacking from Jeff at the moment. I'm just begging the fan base to not throw Treon under the bus after his first mistake.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There really is no basis for Muschamp starting Driskel, but then again there was no basis for him sticking with No. 6 as long as he did. I think he'll start Harris, but you never know with Boom.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
aka;n69685 said:
He just looked relieved, to me. Was open and pretty unguarded in his comments. Having the short field after the TO was a good time to make the change, considering we needed two scores, and there was a good chance to get at least 3 there. Despite what the message board experts think they know, it had to be a tough decision to put his career in the hands of a freshman in that situation. He had no choice, really, and gave much praise to TH. I don't know who will start, and don't care, I just want to win and I believe he will use one or both to try to accomplish that. He doesn't have to sweat that decision, it's been made, so now he has both options if necessary. If JD has his mind right about being backup or sharing time, it's a good situation for us.

I'm always amazed at how many discount this fact. Wonder how many would want others cavalierly demanding they put their livelihood in the hands of an 18 year old kid that they've known for a couple of months. Even though signs point in that direction, it's still a potential life changing decision.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He's not going to make a decision on the starter for next week in the immediate wake of an emotional win, he's just not. I'm sure Harris will be starting next week, but the postgame press conference wasn't the time or place to announce it.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n69425 said:
This is my problem. Why would he even consider putting JD in after yesterday? This would tell me that his ego is more important than winning.

I wanted to hit my head against a wall when I heard him say he would have to consider who would start next week.

That's our coach, and most likely he'll be here for a while now.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The offense does not change...just who is executing it. LSU can prepare for the offense, not the player.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n70002 said:
Well the smart thing to do is let LSU prepare for JD - but it's not like they can prepare for TH given he hasn't ran that many plays.So who knows how this week shakes out.

Preparing for Driskel entails just showing up for the game.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
LSU might make a mistake if they stack the box to defend the run thinking Harris won't be throwing much. I think the kid has the vision to make them pay

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Every gator fan I talked after the game says TH should definitely
start the next game. It couldn't be any clearer. WM still isn't
convinced.

He has a serious problem in evaluating players, especially at
the QB position.

Remember he knows more about football than all the gator nation
put together. He has never been wrong in his life. He would lose
four more games before changing his mind.

The only reason he put TH in was because he knew he
would be unemployed if he didn't. Don't look for
any change in his decision making.

He is a sad individual. Could anyone see if he and Foley kissed
while they were hugging at the end of the game?

DeltaGlamma

Born a Gator
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Jenny On The Railroad;n69511 said:
I really like your observation of the contrast between his D and O perceptions. And I think that yes he does not realize it is ok to be wrong and make adjustments. Probably does intellectually, but it is the earlier programming that drives it. In some families it is highly not OK,, even forbidden to make mistakes or be less than perfect. . Mistakes, even the tiniest deviations from the command or expectation meet with harsh emotional or physical response that are damaging, guilt and low self esteem producing.( Of course, it is rarely inflicted with that intent.). While it doesn't have to produce what you see in muscahmp, this inner flip side is real typical in people with muschamp's public personality traits.

Wow, Jenny, you nailed it here. I had not really thought about it in this context before, but it certainly brings to mind a certain man I was engaged to who would rather die than admit he was wrong about anything.....he would sacrifice job, relationship, money, etc., anything was preferable to admitting he was wrong.

I had never met anyone like that before (or known them intimately). It was exactly as you describe it, early programming from his father in his youth, I saw the same exact thinking with his brother.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n69809 said:
He's not going to make a decision on the starter for next week in the immediate wake of an emotional win, he's just not. I'm sure Harris will be starting next week, but the postgame press conference wasn't the time or place to announce it.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n69803 said:
I'm always amazed at how many discount this fact. Wonder how many would want others cavalierly demanding they put their livelihood in the hands of an 18 year old kid that they've known for a couple of months. Even though signs point in that direction, it's still a potential life changing decision.

Muschamp has only to blame himself for the situation. He is responsible for it all. He owns. He gets paid big bucks to make the right decisions. He hasn't earned his keep at all. It is put or shut up time.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n69803 said:
He's lost 17 games in the past three years doing what he was doing. If he continues doing what he was doing, he'll have a life changing decision made for him in a few weeks.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp has had plenty of time to "fix" the situation. And most deservingly its all on him. His reluctance to change has been at the very heart of his problems.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I am going to go out on a limb and say that Driskel starts, but we see A LOT of Harris. Yes Driskel has problems with the deep ball, but his WRs have dropped A LOT of balls and that may or may not improve with a QB change. I will continue to pump whoever our starter is.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Law98gator;n70056 said:
He's lost 17 games in the past three years doing what he was doing. If he continues doing what he was doing, he'll have a life changing decision made for him in a few weeks.

Well put. I can't even imagine going through the rest of my life knowing I had the head coaching job at the University of Florida, and may have retained it if I could let go of stubbornness and affinity for Jeff Driskel in favor of an exciting young talent that everyone from sportswriters, to fans, to former players, to current players feels should get a shot. I'd literally never recover from that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb