MUST READ: Anonymous players on end of Butters era

Would firing Mac "for cause" (no buyout) have hurt the hiring of future coaching prospects?

• Yes

Votes: 14 15.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 84.6%

• Total voters

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This is a must read. Mac was a flat-out loony.
I think some fan acting out probably said something and MAC took it too far. He took it to heart. You are going to get fans acting stupid and saying stupid s__t. That's going to happen. At first it came off as he was trying to make it like he was one of us, he is going through everything we were going through. Like I said, he looked scared when he was telling us, like he was ready to go into hiding, but after he talked to us I saw him five minutes later smiling like nothing was going on.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
"Like before Georgia, we barely lost to LSU and Texas A&M but we're still in the running to win our division and we need to win this game. We hear all the BS the week leading up to the game, but this is Georgia, we want a piece of them, so we're in the locker-room getting psyched up. Players are jumping around, going around to lockers and getting everyone hype and everyone had forgotten about all the BS off the field that week and we were ready to hit the field. Then here comes MAC, instead of talking about how this is one of our big rivals and if we win it we still got a chance to reach all our goals and getting us fired up to play, all he talked about right before the game was what was going on with him and the rumors of him getting fired. Instead of letting us put that to the side and focus on the game, he made all the BS about him the center point. He was like, 'don't worry about me, put your mind on the game.' It's like, we already did that, now you brought it back up. The atmosphere in the room went from a 10 to a two."

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Didn’t think I could despise that sumbitch any more than I already did.

Then here comes MAC, instead of talking about how this is one of our big rivals and if we win it we still got a chance to reach all our goals and getting us fired up to play, all he talked about right before the game was what was going on with him and the rumors of him getting fired. Instead of letting us put that to the side and focus on the game, he made all the BS about him the center point. He was like, 'don't worry about me, put your mind on the game.' It's like, we already did that, now you brought it back up. The atmosphere in the room went from a 10 to a two. It wasn't only you could see guys reaction to it, some guys were speaking out about it, how is he going to bring all that BS up...Going in we were hyped up ready to play and he took all the air out of us...We were ready for it to be over after he talked to us pre-game. Then when we saw the pictures of him laughing coming off the field, we were ready for his ass to be out of there.”

I’ve heard some parting criticisms of coaches. But I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a former player at this age completely de-pants and humiliate their former head man like that. Absolutely brutal.

The way our players viewed him, it’s a miracle we ever landed a single recruit.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

"We were ready for it to be over after he talked to us pre-game. Then when we saw the pictures of him laughing coming off the field, we were ready for his ass to be out of there.”

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Of course he is smiling. He just made 31 million dollars in 2.5 years. Hell that would make Hillary smile.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Then here comes MAC, instead of talking about how this is one of our big rivals and if we win it we still got a chance to reach all our goals and getting us fired up to play, all he talked about right before the game was what was going on with him and the rumors of him getting fired. Instead of letting us put that to the side and focus on the game, he made all the BS about him the center point. He was like, 'don't worry about me, put your mind on the game.' It's like, we already did that, now you brought it back up. The atmosphere in the room went from a 10 to a two. It wasn't only you could see guys reaction to it, some guys were speaking out about it, how is he going to bring all that BS up...Going in we were hyped up ready to play and he took all the air out of us...We were ready for it to be over after he talked to us pre-game. Then when we saw the pictures of him laughing coming off the field, we were ready for his ass to be out of there.”

I’ve heard some parting criticisms of coaches. But I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a former player at this age completely de-pants and humiliate their former head man like that. Absolutely brutal.

The way our players viewed him, it’s a miracle we ever landed a single recruit.
Stories like that are why he should never land another head coaching job again. The fact he got set for generations financially is one of the biggest heists in history. He should be in an orange jump suit for not only grand theft, but how much he hurt the careers of the players with his selfish idiocy. Outrageous.

Foley needs to eat a bag for ever hiring him. I hope he's forced to read this article.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I've heard of a lot of reasons for coaching failure over the years, but one I hadn't considered was emotional immaturity.

Mac was emotionally immature.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I've heard of a lot of reasons for coaching failure over the years, but one I hadn't considered was emotional immaturity.

Mac was emotionally immature.
The guy got a raise and a contract extension. To say that fact is beyond belief is an understatement.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The guy got a raise and a contract extension. To say that fact is beyond belief is an understatement.
Did he get one or two? Certainly the one NOT YET a year ago had to surprise him as much as you and me.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Interested to hear jhbyrd’s take and spin on this. Tell me again how Foley is a great judge of talent?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Great judge of transitional talent. Lol.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Interested to hear jhbyrd’s take and spin on this. Tell me again how Foley is a great judge of talent?
He hired mac because he knew he'd fail but it would lead us to 2 championships afterward .

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think it was too much for him – too much pressure for him. It goes to the shark thing [meme of a naked McElwain lookalike on the back of a shark]. You can't let things like that upset you if you are going to be a head coach. He was too all over the place to be the leader of a team. I think he is sensitive and he tries to hide it with some of the things he does. It all goes back to him coming off as fake.”

:lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator